GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,129
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zavictoiajnr131
» Online Users: 1,037
2 members and 1,035 guests
zavictoiajnr131

Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

#BlackVampireProject - Birth of a Dark Nation by Rashid Darden

I'm not going to fake being nice because I want something, so here is the damn news:

I WROTE A FOURTH NOVEL!!!!!

If you would like to donate to my Indiegogo campaign to help me bridge the gap between my needs and my goals, please click this link for details.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I have to say, one of the most well put together IndieGoGo campaigns I've seen, with a great breakdown of where the donations go, plus an awesome video and ... that cover!

There are people out there that could take lessons on how to set their campaigns up properly from you lol.

Really looking forward to the book!
Thank you very much! When it comes to things like this, I find that following all the suggestions works best for me. If there was anything they said to do that increases the odds of getting funding, I did it. And if there was something somebody else knew beyond my expertise, I gave them the freedom to do it (like my video editor).

And to keep it Greek: the cover model is an Alpha and the video editor is APO.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I've read the first 3 books (not the poetry one yet) and absolutely cannot wait to read this one. You posted an excerpt on FB a while back that totally got my attention.

As soon as I figure out my budget from my crazy expensive weekend in San Fran for AXiD convention, I'll be donating. That's a promise. I won't keep you hanging.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post
I've read the first 3 books (not the poetry one yet) and absolutely cannot wait to read this one. You posted an excerpt on FB a while back that totally got my attention.

As soon as I figure out my budget from my crazy expensive weekend in San Fran for AXiD convention, I'll be donating. That's a promise. I won't keep you hanging.
Thank you SO much! I really appreciate the support!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I gotta jump on the Sen train. #singleentrendre

Congrats man!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tld221 View Post
I gotta jump on the Sen train. #singleentrendre

Congrats man!
Thank you!
Old 07-08-2013, 07:32 PM

Adding to the list of worthy donations once DH is employed again. Until then, just shared your link on my twitter feed and tagged you so you could find it. Might not be much, but it's a bit of publicity until I can make a donation.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
Adding to the list of worthy donations once DH is employed again. Until then, just shared your link on my twitter feed and tagged you so you could find it. Might not be much, but it's a bit of publicity until I can make a donation.
I appreciate your twitter shout out! Much appreciated!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's the campaign video. This is my first time doing anything like this. Maybe I will post the outtakes one day.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I really want to read this, and I'd love to help out, but money is tight right now. Is $50 the lowest level to get even an e-copy of the book?
Old 07-11-2013, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, it is. It's like the PBS pledge drives.... if you just want to read the book, you can always purchase it when it comes out. But it's only a perk of giving at the higher levels for this campaign. I appreciate whatever support you can manage at this time!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I have some pretty good news: #BlackVampireProjectis 34% funded! In seven days, WE have raised $1,332 dollars! Editors? PAID. Cover designer? PAID. Review copies? PAID.

What's left? Shipping costs for those review copies. Printing of promotional materials. And most importantly, the creative writing tour. Let me tell you a little more about that.

When I was at Georgetown, we were lucky enough to be visited by lots of novelists, poets, and other writers. Freshman year alone, I can recall Amiri Baraka coming to visit as well as Isabelle Allende. Later, we were visited by Saul Williams. But one of the most meaningful visits we had was a small book talk at the Black House with Hoya author Tracy Grant. It really wasn't until I met him that I realized being a novelist is something I truly could embark upon as a career.

I want to recreate those profound moments at colleges that don't have the budget of Georgetown. I want to go to Dillard and SUNO and Xavier and let them know that the stories inside of them matter. I want to go to Livingstone and Barber Scotia and Shaw and St. Aug's and reach out to young women and young women who, like me, were unsure at 18 or 19 what to do with the writing talents they have.

I knew the money would be raised to help me out with the administrative parts of this book. But now it's time to dig in and contribute so we can serve and inspire. Let's go on tour. Let's change the world!

Thank you so so much to everyone who has given so far! If you intended to donate but haven't yet, the link is http://igg.me/at/BlackVampireProject
Old 07-17-2013, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

From 34% two days ago to 70% today.

Thank you
Old 07-20-2013, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen's Revenge View Post
From 34% two days ago to 70% today.

Thank you
97%! Gotta wait until October though? Boo!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL! Thank you sooooo much Amanda! I appreciate it!