GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 771
1 members and 770 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 09-14-2000, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Post My Rush Experience

Hey everyone. I am so excited...my first night of rush was awesome, even though it didn't start out that great. Here's what happened. I got home from work at 4 and I called this guy who was supposed to be in charge of the sorority rush program. I asked him where we were supposed to meet for rush and he told me at this hall on campus in like an hour. That meant I didn't even have time to take a shower and get ready...I was seriously stressing. And then I asked him if it was dressy or casual and he was like I will leave that up to you. I was like whatever. I just put on a pair of jeans, a cute shirt, and I didn't even attempt to do my hair. Luckily I didn't feel left out cuz most peple were dressed just like me. Then I got to rush and had the best time ever. I met sooooo many new people and all the sororities invited me back for the second round of parties!!!!! I was soooo happy. However, there is one prob. I was talking to this frat guy I work with and he was telling me how stuck-up this one sorority is (I'm not mentioning names). I decided I would go through rush with an open mind and see how this particular sorority was. Well, as soon as I walked in this girl grabbed me by the arm and started talking to me but she was totally fake. It couldn't have been any more obvious. Most of her other sisters were really nice and genuine though, but I have heard from sooooo many other people how stuck up this sorority is. So, I really don't think I'm going to join that one. My big problem is that all the other ones I went to, I absolutely loved. I don't even have a fave...they were alll great and I felt comfortable at all the houses. This is the hardest decision. Any idea on how I'll know which one I should choose? Thanks. Any tips would or advice would really help me out.
Old 09-15-2000, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hey girls. My second night of rush is over. I got invited back to all of the chapters' rush parties(there are only four sororities on my campus). We had to pick two at the end of the night and then on Sunday we sign our bids. There was this one chapter that I didn't put on my list, but now I wish i did. When I was leaving two girls from that chapter came up to me and gave me a hug and said they were looking forward to seeing me at their pref party. My heart almost broke because I didn't put them on my list. I think the reason I didn't put them on my list is because a couple girls from that chapter seemed a little fake and catty, but the majority of the girls were nice. I hope I didn't make a mistake. Has anyone been in my position? I'm hoping that this all turns out for the best.
Old 09-15-2000, 10:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Question

Honeybee, are you rushing NPC sororities? If so you shouldn't feel bad about not choosing this sorority because what they did is considered a major rush infraction. I hate rush rules some days because there is always this fine line between right and wrong. Members of NPC sororities are not allowed to say, hope to see you at the next event, (or something along those lines), because this can be seen as promising membership to a rushee which is a big no no. Also, on the brighter there is probably a reason why you cut them, and it sounds like you are very interested in your other choices. Go where your heart tells you. No one should influence your decision.
Old 09-17-2000, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello! I had the pref parties today, and it was so amazing. I went to two of the parties, and it was so special seeing some of the rituals that the sisters really hold close to their hearts. After today I really think I know what sorority I want to join-Delta Zeta. All the girls have been so nice and they did a great job of making me feel comfortable and welcome at their chapter. I even cried at their pref ceremony, and that is when I just knew that I would really love to be in that sorority. Tomorrow we find out if we get a bid so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am so nervous. Wish me luck!!!
Old 09-18-2000, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Best Wishes Honeybee!
If you felt that strong of a connection with the girls of Delta Zeta, then there's a very good chance that they felt that same strong connection to you. Definitely let us know how it turns out! We'll be thinking of you!!
Old 09-18-2000, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Hey everyone! Well, I just wanted to let you know that rush has come to an end, and I am now a sister of Delta Zeta!!!!!!! I am soooo happy, and it couldn't have turned out any more perfect. I just wanted to thank everyone on these boards for giving us rushees some great advice. Good luck with everyone still going through rush, and hi to any of my new sisters:-)
Old 09-19-2000, 01:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Wink

Congrats Honeybee. I'm glad your rush experience was a positive one. UBC's rush period is half way through. Being on the other side of things I am very excited. I can't wait to meet our new members. Only less than a week to go
Old 09-19-2000, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Cngrats on getting into Delta Zeta! We have a DZ chapter at Longwood College, but they can't recruit this semester, so I definitely won't be a DZ. I'm still going thru rush, and reading about your experience helped me to feel better about it!