GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Gamma > Gamma Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,052
1 members and 1,051 guests
Sarak24034

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2018, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Rushing at a small(ish) school!

I attend a small school (about 5600) in a fairly small/average town. My school only has four sororities, and they're all great. I'd be so excited to get a bid from any of them, but from the reading and research I've been doing about Gamma Phi Beta, it seems to be a perfect fit for me. I especially love the philanthropy. Throughout high school, I always said I would never join a sorority because I felt like I would never fit in, but I have social anxiety and have trouble reaching out and making friends. I feel like a sorority would be perfect for helping me to really connect with people while doing what I love (serving my community)! I've only just learned about Greek life, and generally I have no clue what to expect. I al TERRIFIED of rush week because I have no idea what to do, especially because my school is so small. I don't know what I should expect going into everything, I don't know what I should wear, and I'm not really sure what a sorority (especially Gamma Phi Beta) is looking for in a girl or how I'm supposed to present myself. Because my school is so small, should I send in a recommendation letter or resume? Has anyone had any experience with this? I don't want to call, email, or get in touch with anyone unless I can't get any information here. Also, what's the deal with social media during rush? Do I have to totally deactivate my account, am I just not allowed to use it, or will I only have to log out/delete the app? If anyone can help me with this information, it would be great because I REALLY want to receive a bid (hopefully for Gamma Phi Beta) and leave a lasting impression! Thank you if you can help me out and if you took the time to read this!