GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Tau Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,463
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, RogelioLan
» Online Users: 2,513
1 members and 2,512 guests
Kevin

Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
You mean you're doing it without trying? Yes, you've apologized, but pretty much all of those apologies have been along the lines of "sorry if I offended anyone, but no one would have taken offense if they posted the way I think they should when I think they should." Doesn't really work for you. But whatever.

Sorry I made the mistake of trying to help you get acclimated and get a feel for how things typically work here. Consider me off your back.
Thank you, and thank you. For everyone else...

I continue to believe org areas should NOT be treated exactly the same as the many general areas. I don't care how things how they've been treated in the past. I don't care why some people feel they are irrelevant. I haven't changed my view. So, I'm not going to apologize for being wrong, when I don't, and will not, feel that I am about this. You can change your view to agree with me, or we can agree to disagree, but I will not change my mind about this, period.

I've apologized for any offense anyone may have taken by misunderstanding of my comments on the basis of our not seeing eye to eye on the sub-category issue. I've done that sincerely and repeatedly. You can accept it or not, but I'm tired of repeating myself.

Last edited by dnall; 02-19-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-19-2011, 03:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Simple solution: If you don't like the way things are done on this message board, post elsewhere. It's not that serious.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnall View Post
Thank you, and thank you. For everyone else...

I continue to believe org areas should NOT be treated exactly the same as the many general areas. I don't care how things how they've been treated in the past. I don't care why some people feel they are irrelevant. I haven't changed my view. So, I'm not going to apologize for being wrong, when I don't, and will not, feel that I am about this. You can change your view to agree with me, or we can agree to disagree, but I will not change my mind about this, period.

I've apologized for any offense anyone may have taken by misunderstanding of my comments on the basis of our not seeing eye to eye on the sub-category issue. I've done that sincerely and repeatedly. You can accept it or not, but I'm tired of repeating myself.
No one's offended, we just think you have a really stupid opinion.

Feel free to believe what you like, and continue to act how you like, yet we will continue to do the same.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Simple solution: If you don't like the way things are done on this message board, post elsewhere. It's not that serious.
Exactly. This is the way it's done here, and if you don't like it, no one is going to change just because you think it's wrong. Find another Greek message board where TKEs who post in the ATO forum are beaten with tube socks full of wood screws.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:33 AM
GreekChat Member

You people are completely silly.

"The way it's done here" is apparently to disregard entirely your own structure and treat the place as one mass jumble of unorganized and disconnected mostly meaningless comments. In order to post anything you want anywhere you want at any time you want, but to be hyper-sensitive at the slightest possibility some broad negative inference might be made toward any region, group, or person.

If someone new comes along - regardless of what skill, experience, or knowledge they may be able to contribute to the betterment of the community - if they are not prepared to humble themselves before your "way of doing things," then they are invited to find the door. What then is left behind? What possible value can exist in such a watered down conversation?

I've tried very hard to make peace with you people, and few of you have attempted to work with me at all. I then said we can agree to disagree, but you wouldn't accept that. Finally, I simply asked you get off my back, and you refuse that plea as well. I've made every effort I know how to put this disagreement aside in a reasonable way so that we might have amicable and productive conversations on other topics.

Class proceeds only so far before defense is obligatory. I'm going to end this conversation, because anything I could have to say beyond this point would not be nice. Please do not speak to me again.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

"The way it's done here" is apparently to disregard entirely your own structure and treat the place as one mass jumble of unorganized and disconnected mostly meaningless comments. In order to post anything you want anywhere you want at any time you want, but to be hyper-sensitive at the slightest possibility some broad negative inference might be made toward any region, group, or person.

If someone new comes along - regardless of what skill, experience, or knowledge they may be able to contribute to the betterment of the community - if they are not prepared to humble themselves before your "way of doing things," then they are invited to find the door. What then is left behind? What possible value can exist in such a watered down conversation?

I've tried very hard to make peace with you people, and few of you have attempted to work with me at all. I then said we can agree to disagree, but you wouldn't accept that. Finally, I simply asked you get off my back, and you refuse that plea as well. I've made every effort I know how to put this disagreement aside in a reasonable way so that we might have amicable and productive conversations on other topics.

Class proceeds only so far before defense is obligatory. I'm going to end this conversation, because anything I could have to say beyond this point would not be nice. Please do not speak to me again.

Old 02-21-2011, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

This is you.

This is us

ETA: Fine I give pity. Look the only way to end the conversation is not to come back and click on it. If you go away and leave it be, we will too. But if you keep coming back, we're going to keep laughing at you. Welcome to the internet. It's what we do here.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Starting a post with "you people" doesn't bode well, since just by definition of posting here you are one of "you people."

Seriously, you made a good comment in a thread on NPC rush, and guys VERY often DON'T do that. (They're more likely to give advice that is completely unworkable) Just get your dick out of a twist about the forums thing and you'll be fine.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

How did I miss this thread before?

Maybe because it was in the ATO section and I'm not allowed here. Sad panda.

Oh well, I'm part of the central US Greek system, and we suck anyway, so I guess I'll just go haze somebody and call it a day.

By the way, will someone Cliff Notes this guy's posts? I got bored with him and stopped reading after about the first sentence of each post.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Cliff notes? Sure, I'll do that myself.

The more entertaining but equally accurate real world version....

ATO active and connected ATO alum standing in a public place having a conversation about ATO. Kid says we're light on the west coast, why don't we expand aggressively in CA. Alum says no, because west coast greek systems suck.

Random people walking by, overhear, and barge into the conversation to defend their chapters. They 'instruct' the alum that he cannot make broad statements and can only speak for his org.

The alum, apologizes and attempts to clarify that it's conversation about ATO & not anyone else. We have our own reasons for the view, which are reflected in the historic and proportional geographic distribution of our chapters (we have 14 chapters/colonies west of TX, 130 from TX east).

The randoms refuse the apology and go on some rant about it being a public place they frequent so they're entitled to barge into any conversation they want at any time they want, everything is about them, and if anyone doesn't like it then they can get the hell out.

The alum does everything he can to make peace, including just trying to disengage, but the people just won't shut up about it. We're about at the point where, in the real world, someone would get knocked out.

Hope that's concise and entertaining enough for you.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

You're right, of course...it is time to disengage and end this.

Fellow GCers, I am taking it upon myself, for the greater good of the community to apologize to Mr. dnall on behalf of all of us.

Mr. dnall,

It is with greatest sincerity that I say to you that we're sorry. We are sorry that you are so dense and your life must be extremely difficult as a result. We're sorry that in all likelihood, there are other unfortunate people that have had to deal with the thickness of your skull. But most of all, we're sorry that we've been the way we are for over ten years now, and refuse to bend down and kiss the ass of a new person to the community who decided that we should follow his rules.

Since we're using "real world" examples, how do you think it would go over if you showed up in the Middle East and started telling them that they should allow women to dress the way they want, stop persecuting Christians, oh and stop fighting over the Holy Land while they're at it. Not happening.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
-AF and the GC Randoms
Old 02-22-2011, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We're about at the point where, in the real world, someone would get knocked out.
Probably you, internet tough guy. The rest of us aren't so blinded by our rage that we say idiotic things like "someone would get knocked out."
Old 02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Since we're using "real world" examples, how do you think it would go over if you showed up in the Middle East and started telling them that they should allow women to dress the way they want, stop persecuting Christians, oh and stop fighting over the Holy Land while they're at it. Not happening.
You know that we do exactly that right? How they feel about it varies dramatically by location. We don't really care about it that much. It's more of a bargaining chip to give away for stability to promote economic interests. That's all the civil affairs guys playing local politics though. I just shoot at people in that part of the world.

As for the rest, I've already disengaged. I don't wish to discuss it further. Quit trying to run people off just because they don't want to play by what you want the rules to be.

Last edited by dnall; 02-22-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You know that we do exactly that right? How they feel about it varies dramatically by location. We don't really care about it that much. It's more of a bargaining chip to give away for stability to promote economic interests. That's all the civil affairs guys playing local politics though. I just shoot at people.

As for the rest, I've already disengaged. I don't wish to discuss it further. Quit trying to run people off just because they don't want to play by what you want the rules to be.
awwwww internet tough guy.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. No Greek system sucks, BTW. Swerving back to AOII land, where as usual, anyone is welcome to post!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!