GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,230
4 members and 2,226 guests
Cookiez17, John, KetoXP

Old 07-28-2009, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw that couple and their wedding party on the Today show on Saturday. They recreated the dance for the audience. It was really cute!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2009, 04:02 PM

Dear brides and grooms,

Please don't tell people you're having an open bar when you really aren't.

Wine only (or beer only) does not = open bar (at least around here).

I just like to know in advance so that I don't go to the bar to order a cocktail, hand the guy a tip, and look startled when he asks for payment. Then I have to go all the way back to the car for money.

Why? Because I assumed the bar was open because well, you said so.

If you tell me beforehand (or indicate in some way) "oh it's just beer and wine" then I don't have to look silly.

Thanks.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 07-29-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

So my SIL is engaged...to a guy she has known for all of 5 months....and my MIL is becoming bridezilla because she wants to do everything now and the wedding is supposedly not until Oct. 2010-(and she wondered why I didn't want her the least bit involved in planning our wedding?) I'll be shocked if they've not broken up before the wedding as this was the guy who DUMPED my SIL the day of her grandmother's funeral.

It gets more amusing every day.

HOT ASS MESS.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII_LB93 View Post
So my SIL is engaged...to a guy she has known for all of 5 months....and my MIL is becoming bridezilla because she wants to do everything now and the wedding is supposedly not until Oct. 2010-(and she wondered why I didn't want her the least bit involved in planning our wedding?) I'll be shocked if they've not broken up before the wedding as this was the guy who DUMPED my SIL the day of her grandmother's funeral.

It gets more amusing every day.

HOT ASS MESS.
Wow.

Not going to happen. They wont make it that long. My cousin (a la the Win at Life story), got engaged around Christmas-ish to a guy she'd known for about that long (a little less because he was deployed for 3 of 5 months), and they had broken up by April.

Is this one of those "I just want to be engaged so I can have a wedding and all the attention" type deals?

Some people want that MORE than they actually want to spend their life with someone.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Dear brides and grooms,

I just like to know in advance so that I don't go to the bar to order a cocktail, hand the guy a tip, and look startled when he asks for payment. Then I have to go all the way back to the car for money.

If you tell me beforehand (or indicate in some way) "oh it's just beer and wine" then I don't have to look silly.

Thanks.
Amen.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Dear brides and grooms,

Thanks.
I'm of the mind that if you can't afford to have open bar at your wedding you shouldn't have alcohol at all.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I just started a new job about 2 months ago; it's a smallish office (about 50 people or so). One of the girls who I've chatted with maybe 3 or 4 times, is getting married and has invited the entire office...including me. The nice part of me is thinking, "Oh, how sweet. She doesn't want me to feel left out." The cynical side of me is screaming, "This is nothing but a gift grab." Surprisingly, the nice side is winning (must be the pregnancy hormones).
Old 07-31-2009, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Is this one of those "I just want to be engaged so I can have a wedding and all the attention" type deals?
You know, I don't really know, but I don't think so because she hates being the center of attention in large groups and she's super introverted. She's never been in a relationship that's lasted very long. My husband said he thought she would say yes to the first guy that asks (which she did), but he is pissed about this one because the guy hasn't bothered to meet anyone in the family (dad, him, etc...) first. SIL told him about the engagement, he didn't have any reaction (positive or negative) and she got really upset and said something to the effect of "Why can't you just be happy for me?" His response, "Because I've never met the guy and he's treated you poorly."

I don't know... I want her to be happy, but I don't know if this guy is it. They barely know one another, and are already having arguments about the wedding stuff...partially because of my MIL wanting to plan it all NOW and partially because he seems like a bit of a jerk.

I feel bad for her but she's an adult (she'll be 30 next year). *sigh*
Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownxo View Post
I just started a new job about 2 months ago; it's a smallish office (about 50 people or so). One of the girls who I've chatted with maybe 3 or 4 times, is getting married and has invited the entire office...including me. The nice part of me is thinking, "Oh, how sweet. She doesn't want me to feel left out." The cynical side of me is screaming, "This is nothing but a gift grab." Surprisingly, the nice side is winning (must be the pregnancy hormones).
I'm hoping for you that it's the nice part of inviting the whole office or none. I know for me I ended up inviting just my team b/c otherwise I would have been inviting another 55 or so people plus spouses and we couldn't afford that.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi Sailorgirl View Post
I'm hoping for you that it's the nice part of inviting the whole office or none. I know for me I ended up inviting just my team b/c otherwise I would have been inviting another 55 or so people plus spouses and we couldn't afford that.
I'm sticking with the "Oh, that's so nice" feeling, because, you're right; inviting the entire office is expensive. I'm going with one of the girls I'm pretty friendly with (my husband's gonna stay home and watch our little guy), and I'm looking forward to getting to know more people outside the office.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm matron of honor in my best friend's wedding. I told her I would design her invites and help her put them together. She wants around 90 invites for $200, which is totally reasonable. What she doesn't get is that these will not be the same as mine, which cost about $4 each not including postage. I wanted nice invites and I wanted them to reflect my graphic design hobby.

It's going to be a long time until August.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

My photographer posted pictures to his blog of my wedding:
A brief glimpse
Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAgirl18 View Post
A brief glimpse
I love black and white. So classic.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAgirl18 View Post
A brief glimpse
Thanks for sharing with us. Looks like you had a beautiful start to your marriage!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
I'm a married lady now too!!! My photographer has only posted a few pics so far:

http://www.dawgprints.net > Links > Photo Depository > Melissa and Jonathan Wedding > PW= 9609