GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,226
1 members and 2,225 guests
oncegreek

Old 08-05-2006, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

chapter choice

Hey lovely KD sisters,

I am just wondering if anyone has some good ideas for the new chapter choice structure that is starting this year? I'm trying to think of some creative things to do with the chapter that won't cost much money since we don't have a chapter choice budget or anything.

Thanks and AOT!
Old 08-11-2006, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Okay, I'm outta the loop being an alum now. What's this??
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, to be quite honest with you, I have absolutely no idea what this is, either. I graduated in 2005.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Heck, I'm still in college and I don't know what the chapter choice structure is.

I was inactive last semester, though, since I wasn't at college...hopefully I didn't miss too much!
Old 08-11-2006, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

It SOUNDS like a budget that can be used for anything that the chapter wants instead of set philanthropy, social, etc. Who knows...
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
Old 08-12-2006, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

So I googled it and here's what I got:

"Chapter Choice, the new and innovative program that allows chapters more flexibility in their meetings and planning/working sessions."

And that Susan Beasley (love her!) is the national director of it now... still not totally sure what it is though...
Old 08-13-2006, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok sorry to confuse everyone! Chapter Choice is a new program that Nationals announced at NLC...well it's not really a new program, it's more just a new structure. This is how it will work:

The VP Operations and PACE chair will work together to create several programs that will replace the chapter meeting. KD chapters will still hold formal chapter as we know it once a month, but the other weeks will be reserved for PACE programs, sisterhood activities, and something of the chapter's choice, hence the name.

I'm curious to hear if anyone has some interesting topics that we could use for the PACE programs or new (and inexpensive) sisterhood activities.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SetApartAsh
Our chapter is currently going through spirit week and rush starts in 2 days!! I am so excited!! Anyway, we found out about chapter choice and we are soo excited. We were thinking about doing like a fashion show before formals etc to see what to wear and have a fun time or a cookout/movie night at a sister/alums house. Another thing our chapter LOVES is karoke. We did it this past week and it was a BLAST!! Just mix it up.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm really enjoying this "chapter choice" thing thus far. It shortened our formal meeting and kept us from getting "fidgety" with new announcements. Seems like a great idea to me!

I can't wait for next week's "non-meeting activity," if that's what this is going to be doing. Sounds like fun!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDShannon
This sounds interesting but I would definitely love to hear more information about it. Do you know if there is any information on the website about it?

[URL="http://www.shannonkish.com"k[/URL]
Old 09-15-2006, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

there is a folder about chapter choice in the 24 hr filing cabinet on the exclusively kd part of the website.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydebs View Post
Hey lovely KD sisters,

I am just wondering if anyone has some good ideas for the new chapter choice structure that is starting this year? I'm trying to think of some creative things to do with the chapter that won't cost much money since we don't have a chapter choice budget or anything.

Thanks and AOT!
How about a someone from health services or a doctor come and talk about HPV and the new vaccine to help prevent Cervical Cancer? From what I know about this vaccine, the college age girl is the best age for it. As the mother of a college girl, I want to make sure that she has every chance to avoid this horrible disease.

Someone from Career Placement talk about how to do a stellar resume, what to do or not do during an interview to get that much desired job

DaffyKD
Old 09-27-2006, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kdbulliebaby05
Hey There!

I just took on the VP-Opeartions position at our chapter so I'm kind of a newbie, but here are some ideas of what we are doing for chapter choice:

(Educational/ Risk Management) Our VP-Standards reviewed the alcohol policy and then we had one of the local female officers on campus come in and discuss current issues for women and how to deal with them. She provided our chapter with some extremely important tips and information.

(Event - Personal Presence) We are going to have council and the PACE chair dress up in examples of what to and what not to wear to socials, class, chapter, etc. We are also having 2 Mary Kay ladies come in and perform makeovers and explain how to choose make up and skin care products. The PACE chair also did some online research and created a current list of what is "fashionable" today.

(Educational - Philanthropy) We are using this educational chapter to do an event with our local Girl Scout troops. We're having a picnic and doing crafts as well as reading books with the girls.

(Event - Enlarging our World) This isn't planned for sure yet, but we have discussed having an ettiqute dinner. It would be a chance for sisters to learn the correct forks, placings, and manners, etc for a proper event as well as include tons of sisterhood since we love to eat! For the food we have discussed having different sisters bring in foods from their cultures so we can enlarge our taste buds as well!

(Educational - AX) We hope to have a representative from our Counseling Center and Career Center on campus come in. We planned ours close to finals so that the Counseling Center speaker could discuss test taking skills, test anxiety, etc. The Career Center speaker can hopefully fill our sisters in with tips on how to use their AX to their benefit after graduation.

I have tons of ideas for all the different types of groups, these are just a few examples. I would be happy to share more with anyone who needs some. Our chapter is working on a tight budget so most of the things we do will be relativly inexpensive

KD Love and All of Mine,
Alecia Peacock
VP-O, Delta Eta
University of South Florida
Old 09-28-2006, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbulliebaby05 View Post
I just took on the VP-Opeartions position at our chapter so I'm kind of a newbie, but here are some ideas of what we are doing for chapter choice:

KD Love and All of Mine,
Alecia Peacock
VP-O, Delta Eta
University of South Florida
YAY! I was reading your post and thought, wow those are such cool ideas, and then when I got to the bottom I was so excited to see you are from my chapter! The part where you said "we love to eat" sounded so familiar, I should have known! Sounds like you are taking this new position and running with it. I heard from Morgan that you guys did great at recruitment, congrats!

This sounds like a great program, I know chapter meetings every week would turn into a 2 hour chore. As long as all the info and announcements make it out at these Choice meetings and through email, it sounds like a better alternative.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I love the "we love to eat comment," my chapter always joked about getting shirts that said, "We Eat--It's What We Do." hahaha.