GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Community Service / Philanthropy

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,722
2 members and 1,720 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma

Old 05-28-2015, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
Like Clemsongirl said in one of your threads (can't remember which), talk about the philanthropic work you have done! "Potential" work doesn't show that you have done anything, focus on what you have done. No matter if the sorority is local, national, or international, do not make suggestions like that when you are a PNM- you are overstepping boundaries. A good way would be to let them know that you would excited to take part in any philanthropy projects that might come your way! I would also only address the local vs. going national thing if they bring it up themselves.
Agreed...good advice!
Old 05-29-2015, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizey7 View Post
Interviewer: Why do you want to join Zeta Pi Omega?

Me: Well, I know you guys want to go national, and I have some great ideas that will help you get recognized by the NPC, which can possibly start a colony and eventually a chapter.
Oh my. No. Just no.

You have absolutely NO idea how to get a new sorority recognized by NPC or what it would take, if NPC were even remotely interested in adding another organization! I can only imagine how the interviewer would react to this kind of comment, and it would NOT be good.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizey7 View Post
I know they want to go national because I tried rushing last year and didn't get in, so I am rushing again next term. I would kind of approach the situation like this:

Me: Well, I know you guys want to go national, and I have some great ideas that will help you get recognized by the NPC, which can possibly start a colony and eventually a chapter.

Interviewer: Really, like what?

Me: Well, I know you guys focus a lot of your philanthropy on women and children, and I think I have some ideas within that category that you can add to that such as X, Y, and Z
Frankly, you may want to work on your interview skills.

If they ask "Why do you want to join Zeta Pi Omega?" and you reply with "Well, I know you guys want to go national, and I have some great ideas that will help you get recognized by the NPC, which can possibly start a colony and eventually a chapter." then you just told them you want to join them because they want to be national. The rest of your answer is fluff. If what you mean is "I want to join because I'm a leader and here's a way I can help lead you to your stated goal...." that's an answer for an unasked question.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
Frankly, you may want to work on your interview skills.

If they ask "Why do you want to join Zeta Pi Omega?" and you reply with "Well, I know you guys want to go national, and I have some great ideas that will help you get recognized by the NPC, which can possibly start a colony and eventually a chapter." then you just told them you want to join them because they want to be national. The rest of your answer is fluff. If what you mean is "I want to join because I'm a leader and here's a way I can help lead you to your stated goal...." that's an answer for an unasked question.
What if I say something like this:

Me: I see great opportunities for leadership within the sorority, and I'm really big on philanthropy and giving back to the community, and I really admire the sisterly bond that you guys have with each other (as an only child, it would mean a lot for me to be a part of a group of girls with a tight bond)