GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,052
2 members and 1,050 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 10-31-2002, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Chapter: Theta Zeta

School: Florida Institute of Technology

Year joined: 2000

Current offices: Historian, but we're having elections and I'm hoping to become Chaplain!

Past offices: Athletics Chair

Why I chose Alpha Phi: An older friend of mine came back to our high school and told me about how wonderful her sorority was. I was really surprised, because I had heard all the stereotypes. I had so much respect for my friend that it inspired me to rush when I came to college. I was so torn between the two sororities on campus, but what made up my mind was Pref Night. The ceremony was so moving, and I found women who I wanted to be my role models. It was all I thought about through the Gamma Phi ceremony. Since then, I have discovered that Alpha Phi and I stand for the same things. I think I am extremely lucky to have found an organization that holds the same ideals as I do.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 11-11-2002, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to oceanphi01
Chapter: Theta Zeta

School: Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech)

Year joined: spring 2001

Current offices: currently Director of Finance but was just elected as Vice President of Chapter Operations (getting installed this Friday) and currently Director of the Alumane and Homecoming Committee

Why I chose Alpha Phi: I chose Alpha Phi not only because one of my closest friends that I met went through formal recruitment and joined Alpha Phi, but also because they are the most amazing girls I have ever met. They are more real and down-to-earth than the other sorority on campus (we have a small Greek system) and they accepted me for who I was and didn't ask anything of me I couldn't do. I joined because of the sisterhood and love that I felt hanging out with Alpha Phi. I'm so glad I made this decision!
Old 11-11-2002, 04:57 PM
cutiepatootie

YES!!!!! i finally get to do this

Chapter: Alpha Lambda Chptr & ( Inland Empire Alpha Phi Alumnae Assoc.)

School: I went to The University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and Cal State univ San Bernadino(eta beta/ CSU San Bernadino)

Year joined: Fall 2002!

Current offices: None at the present time

Why I chose Alpha Phi: I chose Alpha Phi because the instant bond i made with the alumni chapter and my Big Sis'(sponser). I have wanted to be in a sorority forever and i thought i would never find a home like i did with Alpha Phi. That feeling just clicqued once i was with them and knew this was the place to be. They say timing is everything and a reason for everything well i was meant to wait all those yrs out of college to find the perfect home as i did with you all my new found sisters!
Old 11-29-2002, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to justagirl
Chapter: Iota Alpha

School: Pepperdine University

Year joined: Spring 2002

Current Offices: VP Service- Panhellenic... being transitioned for VP Social Outreach (Rush coordinator)-Panhellenic

Alum Clubs: N/A

Why I joined Alpha Phi: I was first introduced to Alpha Phi by one of my best friend's mom at home. Then when I got to school and met all of the girls, I knew that A-Phi was where I belonged, and no where else!
Old 11-29-2002, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter: Eta Delta

School: California State university Hayward

Year joined: Fall 2000

Current status: VERY ACTIVE!

Current offices: I was the secretary, but now hopefully I can get Panhell RUSH director

Aulm Clubs: N/A

Why I chose Alpha Phi: I chose A. Phi because they were/are the nicest most genuine ladies I've ever met. I went through RUSH as a freshman and there are only 2 NPC's at CSUH (A. Phi & Tri-Sigma) I went throught rush and I really connected with the girls, and the girl I most connected with ended up being my big. So, ever since then, I have been having a great time. Plus it helps that almost EVERYWHERE I go I see Alpha Phi's.
Old 12-29-2002, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter: Gamma Omega

School: Midwestern State University

Year joined: Fall 2001

Current status: ACTIVE!

Offices: I just became President. Before that I was Vice President of Program Development and Director of Finance

Aulm Clubs: N/A

Why I chose Alpha Phi: I wanted to be with a group of women who were not afraid to be themselves at all times. This is why the APhi's at MSU attracted me. I also felt very comfortable with them. With the other sororities, I felt as if I had to put on a show for them so they would like me.

Alpha Phi Rocks!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Chapter: Alpha Lambda --I'm an alumna initiate.

Year joined: 2003

Current offices: Chapter Adviser, Chapter Secretary (Alumnae Chapter) Quarterly Correspondent (Alumnae chapter)

Alum clubs in past or present:Vancouver Alumnae Chapter

Why I chose Alpha Phi: I did my homework and investigated lots of different organizations that have alumnae groups in the Vancouver area, but none of them called out to me like Alpha Phi. The philanthropy, true sense of sisterhood, and focus on women's issues all resonated with me, and from the moment I met my first Alpha Phi, I knew I had to be a part of it!

Last edited by Sistermadly; 06-13-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:00 PM
cutiepatootie

cool deal!

So when did this all take place? i am soooo happy to have another alumnae initate as a sister! When is the initation and where? details! details!

Laura
Old 01-01-2003, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
I just recieved the invitation to join last night, and of course I accepted immediately! I'll be initiated with Beta Theta chapter in Vancouver, BC sometime this spring and I'll be a member of the Vancouver Alumnae Chapter.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I noticed we have some new A Phi GC'ers. Please drop us a line and tell us who you are.

aoe,

Laura
Old 04-10-2003, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter: Iota Alpha

School: Pepperdine University

Year joined: 2001

Current offices: Director of Overseas Relations, Gaurd

Alum clubs in past or present: N/A

Why I chose Alpha Phi: I just felt really comfortable with the girls... they all rock my world. It's been amazing. I love it.
Old 04-11-2003, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to yogiPhi
I don't know how old this thread is but I'm going to post...

Let's see if I can remember the categories...

Name: Penny

Chapter: Beta Theta, UBC (Vancouver, Canada)

Initiation Date: November 18, 1989

Positions held: I was Historian, Chaplain, President (2 terms), Chapter Advisor, Canadian Resource Coordinator (Western Division!), VAPA (Vancouver Alumnae Panhellenic Association) representative... a whole bunch of other things too!

Alumnae Chapter: Beta Theta still... Vancouver area, though very inactive and trying to re-activate.

Why I chose Alpha Phi: I didn't choose Alpha Phi. Alpha Phi chose me. My first choice was to be an Alpha Gamma Delta, like my mother before me. I didn't get a bid from them but did from Alpha Phi. I came very close to turning that bid away but accepted b/c an alum said to me, "The thing about Alpha Phis is that you can always count on their friendship. They are all very close friends." I decided to give it a try. I walked into the Alpha Phi room and was instantly accepted. I felt at home. A few years later, an Alpha Phi saved my life (there's a long story there which I will tell privately to those that want to know it!) THAT is why I continue to be involved, even when it wears on me! How could I NOT give back to an organization that saved my life? I need to make sure that it is there for someone else who needs it in that moment.

AOE
Old 04-11-2003, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to justagirl
Hey look!

It's my favorite person from pepperdine!! yeah, go us!
Old 04-12-2003, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool role call

Chapter: Theta Alpha

School: Linfield College

Year joined: 1995

Alum clubs in past or present: briefly became involved in the Sigma alumni group, but movedout of stae.

Why I chose Alpha Phi I loved the people in it. Also my roomie was the president.

Last edited by Aphi:TA; 04-12-2003 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Chapter: Alpha Lambda

School: Iowa State but never rushed and now chapter is inactive.

Year joined: 2003

Alum clubs in past or present: KC alumnae chapter.

Why I chose Alpha Phi:A very dear friend of mine is a long time alum and I saw how much she cherished Alpha Phi.When she told me about AI I looked into it and never looked back.Everyone I have met so far is fabulous.Now from the other side,I cannot imagine not being a part of such a fabulous group.It makes me wonder why I waited.