GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,425
1 members and 1,424 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 08-21-2016, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

The Wizarding World of Recruitment

Round 1:

I liked pretty much everywhere today, and felt pretty similarly, so I’m only going to talk about the ones that were somewhat distinct, because talking about every chapter that didn't stand out would be really boring.

Severus Snape/Voldemort- so many girls love these houses, but to me, they seemed way too polished and fake. If I joined one of these houses, I’d feel like I need to be perfect all the time, and I don’t want that.

Cornelius Fudge- This is another very polished sorority that tons of girls liked, but this time I actually clicked a bit with the girls I talked to. It’s not my favorite, but I’d still like to come back.

Hermione Granger- I really wanted to like this house, but I didn’t click with the girls I talked to that much. I still feel like this house has more to offer than what I saw today, so I want to visit again.

Cedric Diggory- This girl was nice, but she didn’t seem interested in me at all. I thought it was cool that the girl wasn’t wearing much makeup and seemed very real and relaxed, but this is supposedly a very strong recruiting chapter. I don’t hate it here, but I won’t be upset when I don’t get asked back.

Harry Potter- This house felt like home. I clicked with both the girls I talked to and didn’t want to leave. They seemed super involved and passionate, which is what I’m looking for. Sadly, this is supposed to be another strong chapter so I’m preparing myself that I may not get it back.

George Weasley- I expected to not like this house, but I actually really liked both the girls I talked to.

Luna Lovegood- The girls I talked to were nice, but it was the most awkward conversation I’ve had. Instead of asking me a new question when the conversation lulled, she asked me what I wanted to talk about, which I had no idea how to answer.

Ginny Weasley- I ended up loving this house, even though I didn’t want to, because this year they don’t have a house(If you know anything about the school I’m at, I totally just gave this identity away) and that’s something that I want. Ultimately though, with the way I fit with the girls, it would be worth it.

Ranked houses:
2. Severus Snape
3. Luna Lovegood
4. Neville Longbottom
5. Voldemort

I’m preparing myself for a light schedule tomorrow because I have no connections, so I’ll be happy with anything.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-21-2016, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Suggestion, color code and bold the chapters so it's easier to read
Old 08-23-2016, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope you come back and post more soon...especially since your school's recruitment finished before you started posting. I'm sure many of us would like to read your story but a lot of rushees never come back to finish their story in a timely manner.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm also looking forward to reading your story!

Chi Omega
Old 08-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Looking forward to reading your story.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 2 Schedule:

Luna Lovegood
Neville Longbottom
Cornelius Fudge
George Weasley
Fred Weasley
Filius Flitwick
Hermione Granger
Harry Potter
Cedric Diggory

I was afraid I’d only get 3 or 4 back, so getting 9 back was crazy, even though it’s not a full schedule like so many girls seem to get. I was super excited to see Harry Potter back on my list, but was shocked to get Cedric Diggory back. How on earth did I get a house that's supposed to be strong here back when they didn't even seem to like me? Nonetheless, I’m hoping that Cedric Diggory shows me why so many girls seem to love them.

Hermione Granger- Today I was picked up by an exec member, but when she asked me to tell her about what I did in high school, I completely blanked and sounded awkward. I’m pretty sure I only listed a couple things that I did even though I was super involved, so I hope they read my resume. Luckily the other girl I talked to I hit it off much better. They showed their video which was amazing and they really seemed to care about their philanthropy. Then the did a song/dance thing and it just felt like home. I knew that this house was more than I had seen on the first day! I just hope I didn’t blow it by being awkward.

Cornelius Fudge- This is another somewhat desired house from what I’ve heard from other girls, but I still didn’t really mesh with the girls. Their philanthropy video looked basically like a recruitment type video and they just didn’t seem that interested.

George Weasley- I still really like this house even though a lot of other girls don’t seem to. I don’t LOOOVE it, but I could definitely see myself here.

Harry Potter- While waiting in line to go in, it seemed like all the girls were from in state and had full schedules. What the heck am I doing here? Then while I was talking to the girl who picked me up at the door, you could see other actives walking around and give hugs or saying hi to their friends from home that are PNMs. The problem with this? I know nobody and I’ve fallen even more in love with this house than I was before. They did a song/dance like Hermione Granger and everyone was cheering and so happy and upbeat. You can tell that they care about their sisters and are super relaxed and fun and involved. I don’t see how I’ll stand a chance at getting another invitation considering I have nobody inside the house to vouch for me other than the girls I talked to, and they have to keep narrowing everything down.

Cedric Diggory- I now understand why this is a ““top”” house. Honestly, they didn’t seem *that* into their philanthropy, which is a bit of a turn off, but they were still so sweet and amazing that it made up for it. I really clicked with the girl I talked to and honestly, if they offered me a bid today, I would take it. This party ended up getting stopped, because the fire alarm went off in a different house, so then all parties had to be stopped and actives and PNMs had to be separated. This house is also like Harry Potter where there’s a good chance I won’t get another invitation, just because of how many girls seem to want it, which makes me upset because I LOVE IT.

Neville Longbottom- This was my first house back after a long break after Cedric Diggory. I really want to like them because they seem to like me, as they introduced me to their president and I got to spend time talking with her. I don’t dislike this house, it just doesn’t have the same magic as the others.

Fred Weasley- This is a house where I’ll click with one girl that I talk to, but then it’ll be really awkward with another girl. I feel like there’s more to offer here than what I’ve seen, and so I hope I get invited back

Luna Lovegood- I’m trying to like this house, but I’m just not clicking with the girls, and I don’t feel like there’s something more that I’m missing here. I feel like this is as good as it’s going to get with these girls. I got introduced to 2 exec members today, which always feels good, but it still isn’t working for me.

Filius Flitwick- This was my last house of the day, and I just had 3 houses that weren’t all that enjoyable or exciting, so I was ready to be done and to go vote. Luckily, this ended being another one of the houses that I really like. Not as much as my 3 favorites, but it’s definitely still up there! I really hope that I get to come back tomorrow.

I’m officially terrified. So many girls have full schedules and got back most/all of their favorites from the first round. There’s only so many spots, and honestly, I know that the better girls are going to take them. I’m just preparing myself for disappointment.

Final ranking by opinion:
Harry Potter/Cedric Diggory/Hermione Granger
Filius Flitwick/George Weasley
Fred Weasley
Cornelius Fudge
Neville Longbottom/Luna Lovegood

The house I decided to rank as #2 in voting was Luna Lovegood.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Enjoying your story -- don't wait so long to post more!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Hope all is going/ went well for you! Keep us updated!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-25-2016, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Loving the story and theme! Hope you post more soon!
Old 08-25-2016, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

We all have seen both sides of rushing and your story really makes us reflect and feel like we are you....please keep us up to date asap...since we are trying to figure your final choice.

My personal input is again, look around, do you feel like this is home, hope the sisters are being so sincere, and feel your good vibrations. Any house would be very lucky to have you pledge there. Best of wishes and hope your choices work out
Old 08-29-2016, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I barely got any sleep last night, because I was so afraid I’d only end up with a few houses. My worries were only added to when the rho chi’s showed up 40 minutes later than when they were supposed to. When I saw my schedule though, it was all worth it.

Filius Flitwick
George Weasley
Fred Weasley
Neville Longbottom
Luna Lovegood

But most importantly… Cedric Diggory AND Hermione Granger! Getting 2 of my 3 favorites back made me completely forget about Harry Potter dropping me. I was also psyched that I got 7 houses, so only two houses dropped me and only 1 short of a full schedule! Not all of them are my favorites, but I’m still willing to give them all a try, considering I have no idea how bad the cuts will be before pref.

Hermione Granger- I didn’t feel as connected as I did yesterday, but the mood was also a lot more serious. It also seemed like the tables have turned today in terms of recruitment, at least here. The first two days it was all about selling ourselves to the house. Today, it seemed like they were trying to sell themselves to me. I also feel like they like me, because yesterday I was picked up at the door by an exec member(I don’t remember which), and today their recruitment chair came over and talked to me for about 10 minutes, which I’m guessing is a good sign.

George Weasley- I still like this chapter a lot, but I’ve never had the feeling like it’s home. I certainly wouldn’t be upset if I got it back for pref or I ended up here, but I don’t think I’ll like it enough to have it be in my top 3.

Fred Weasley- Today, this house showed me what I’ve been missing from it! When I watched the video and talked to the first girl, I felt like this could be a home for me. Sadly, I didn’t hit it off quite as well with the second girl, but after we talked for a bit, we seemed to hit it off a bit more. The more I think about it though, I just keep remembering how our past conversations weren’t all that exceptional and I don’t know if it can overcome the past enough to get top 3 for pref. I was also seated front and center for the video, which I’ve heard is a good sign!

Filius Flitwick- I still really like this house and I think it’ll be my 3rd #1 slot. I’ve had great conversations all week, I like their philanthropy, and they seem sweet. I don’t know if they really like me though, because I was sitting in the back of the room for the video and I just have a feeling that this is the end of my road here.

Luna Lovegood- I keep trying to connect and it just isn’t working. I really don’t want to see this house on my invite list for pref because I’ve talked to a variety of girls, and every single one isn’t really someone I can see myself hanging out with.

Cedric Diggory- The house I was waiting for is here and it did not disappoint! The whole time was filled with singing and dancing and cheering. You could tell these girls were fun to be around and have a great sense of humor! I am in love, but I have a feeling I won’t get an invitation back. I was sitting in the back of the room and from what I’ve heard, that isn’t really a good sign. This house feels the least like a “machine” and I love that-- it’s not overly scripted and polished, it feels like these are the real girls here.

Neville Longbottom- I really am trying to like this house, but I just can’t. It doesn’t help though, that it was my last house of the day right after Cedric Diggory and I was exhausted. The girl basically interviewed me, instead of having a conversation, and by the end, we could barely find anything to talk about. It was the longest 40 minutes of recruitment.

Final Rankings:
1. Cedric Diggory
1. Hermione Granger
1. Filius Flitwick

Ranked chapters:
2. Fred Weasley
3. George Weasley
4. Neville Longbottom
5. Luna Lovegood

In hindsight, I regret the order I put my bottom 2 in. I was stuck then though, and I just picked Luna Lovegood as the bottom because the have a significantly worse GPA and are less involved on campus. Strangely, as I sit here tonight, I am at peace with the how things end up tomorrow. I think it might just be because I’m exhausted and want to go to my new home already. If Cedric cuts me for whatever reason, I’ll be upset, but I also know that as much as I love it, there could be some downsides. It’s mainly in state/southern, so I’d be one of the few people that don’t know anyone and it might be clique-y. If they don’t want me, then why would I want them? At the same time, Cedric is so hard for me to read and see if they’re interested that I’m clueless as to how it’ll end up.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Loving this story!!
Old 08-31-2016, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Hoping for Cedric Diggory as he was so handsome! But alas, he didn't make it through the Tri Wizard Tourney. Can he make a comeback here? Waiting for more zzz777!
Old 08-31-2016, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!!!
Old 09-01-2016, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

IT’S PREF DAY!!! I’m honestly not even nervous about getting my schedule anymore. I’m just so tired and emotionally drained that I’m just going through the motions and want it to be bid day.

My schedule is as follows:
Cedric Diggory(!!!!!!)
Fred Weasley
George Weasley

I’m so happy when I see that I not only have Cedric Diggory, my favorite, but also two chapters that I would be more than happy to accept a bid from! This means that I will be able to run home on bid day excited, even if it’s to my 3rd choice.

Cedric Diggory- This was so much different than before at this house, but it was a good different. Yesterday they wore neon tutus and face paint, but today they wore long white dresses, no makeup, and no shoes. With all the singing and flowers, it felt like a dream state. The ceremony was beautiful and heartwarming and it still feels like home. I make sure to mention to the girls that I talked to that I really love being here and feel at home.

Fred Weasley- This chapter is really growing on me-- it’s actually come closer to Cedric Diggory than I thought it would. Again, beautiful ceremony with lots of quiet singing, but when the girls asked me if I had made my mind up yet, I told her that I had a difficult decision to make, but I was excited to be back(which is only a partial lie; I am excited to be back, but I knew coming in that Cedric was #1).

George Weasley- I still love this chapter as well, and I like it as much as I like Fred Weasley. It’ll be difficult to decide, but I’d really be happy anywhere.

My FINAL(!!!!!) rankings of the week are:
Cedric Diggory- I’ve loved it since philanthropy round and I feel at home here.
Fred Weasley- Ultimately, I chose to rank this house higher than George, because they have a slightly higher GPA, nicer house, and is more involved on campus. Yes, the house thing is trivial, but I felt equally as happy at both places, so I’d rather live in a gorgeous house if I feel the same way.
George Weasley- it’s technically in last, but I would be still be ecstatic to come home here tomorrow.