GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,394
0 members and 2,394 guests
No Members online

Old 03-01-2012, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

You all can have your girlie Tyler perry movies, but this is what I am waiting for.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I know exactly which scene you're talking about and I had the same reaction. It was so awkward that it was a little hard to watch.
I think there were 3 scenes. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Which 2? I'm definitely looking forward to that one. My co-workers and I are planning a trip to see it but I'm sad that it's so far away.
Terrence J. and Steve Harvey.

I think it will be a good movie.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
Damn, you didn't like it? LOL you didn't like it because you already had it in your mind that you don't like Tyler Perry, so it wouldn't have mattered how good it was, your opinion was already formed. Did your boy like the movie?
No, not because it's Tyler Perry. I had an opinion about the movie (like I do for every movie, I've seen the previews for) when I saw the previews for it. Do you form an opinion about a movie before you see it, based on the previews? i.e. I don't like Wes Craven movies either, so I don't go to see them.

No, Mr. didn't like the movie. He doesn't like Tyler Perry movies, either, which surprised me that he wanted to see it. If you enjoyed it, good for you. Continue to support what you enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I've never heard of "Gone". It was that good huh? How long has it been out? It must be new because I didn't even see anything like it on the movie menu.
I'm not sure when it came out. I noticed it over the weekend, but I didn't know enough about it to want to see it. It was really good. You should see it. It was very suspenseful and creepy. If you like those type of movies, it's a must see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
You all can have your girlie Tyler perry movies, but this is what I am waiting for.
lol
Ditto. You win at life. Are you back, now? -Stands with arms folded, tapping my foot.

It's been like, forever. So, how have you been?

eta: I'm looking forward to all of the Superhero movies this summer, with the exception of Batman.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 03-01-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:52 AM
GreekChat Member

My fiance and I saw Good Deeds last night. Not a great movie, but a nice, feel good, if predictable expression. Didn't see a lot of "range" displayed in anybody's roles, but the predictable happy ending left you feeling good.

oh, and if lil' brother had gotten that elevator beatdown waaay earlier than he got it he might have been better off.
~ Luke 19:10

Last edited by TonyB06; 03-02-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Banned

"Safehouse". Intense movie. Action packed. It keeps you busy. The downside is that I sometimes forgot the storyline and the excitement seems a bit silly once you realize what all the damn hoopla was about.

It had Training Day moments. Denzel Washington acts the same way in every movie, as far as I'm concerned. There were 3 scenes where he looked like he was in Training Day.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Banned

Long post/

I have more thoughts on "Good Deeds." I read an msn review that I completely agreed with. Patience. I'm patient with people who are perfecting their craft. I am especially patient with racial and ethnic minorities, women, and other minorities who are perfecting their craft.

There aren't many movies with Black writers, producers, and a predominantly Black cast; and there especially aren't a lot of such movies that make it to theaters (versus straight to dvd movies). When I see such movies in the theaters, I support 99% of them. It took Spike Lee decades before he could make a movie that wasn't classified as a "Black movie." The same for John Singleton. Both have perfected their craft (even if I don't like the newer movies as much) such that you don't always know that it is a "Spike Lee Joint." That takes time and would not happen if it wasn't for our support of the earlier films--the earlier films with the younger Denzel Washington and other Black actors. Long before white folks started noticing them and giving them the respect they worked so hard for. Decades later, Black movies are still working toward equal representation of Blacks in films.

So, I will keep supporting the films that have Black writers and producers. I will also support the films with Black casts but with white writers and producers (i.e., The Help--which I did not like--and Red Tails). Hell, I even supported Precious and that movie got on my damn nerves. I will keep supporting because there are plenty of "white movies" that are predictable and (insert other common critiques). The critics slam "white movies" everyday. The difference is that there are tons of "white movies" to choose from so white folks are able to balance it all.

/long post

Last edited by DrPhil; 03-03-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I cannot wait until Friday. Silent House is going to be awesome. I just hope that it's not like those Blair Witch movies, because that's what it kind of looks like. I hate it when they film movies that way. That's about as bad as 3D. http://youtu.be/6yLD4km_d1I
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Finally got around to seeing The Artist yesterday. I liked it...I just kind of hope that it doesn't start a trend of people trying to do more silent movies just for the sake of although I hear that one is supposed to be released about Rudolph Valentino.

And God forbid if some idjit tries to do a 3D silent movie.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-11-2012, 05:07 AM
GreekChat Member

A Thousand Words was pretty good. It was very funny though I think Eddie is better at comedy than drama. The dramatic, emotional parts were a little cheesy IMO and Kerry Washington's character was a little annoying (which is a shame because I LOVE her). All in all, it was a good comedy and I laughed a lot.

The best part was seeing a good friend from college as an extra in the film! This makes the 4th or 5th time I've seen a classmate show up in a movie. It's soooo odd that it keeps happening but it's awesome every time it does!

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-12-2012, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

We're going to see the 9:25 showing of "Silent House", tonight. "John Carter" looks good, but when I saw the trailer it kind of reminded me of "The Gladiators". It just looks like too many guys beating the crap out of each other in this movie. I love action/SciFi movies, it's just that when it's too many people beating each other up, I kind of lose track of what's going on. I think I might wait for that one after two weeks, because I still have two free movie passes for a movie that's been out two weeks or more. I hope "Silent House" is good.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
And God forbid if some idjit tries to do a 3D silent movie.
Like Buster Keaton's train comin' right at 'cha.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

My thoughts on Silent House:

Romans 1:16
Old 03-13-2012, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I really liked "Silent House". At first it was a bit slow, but it was the ending that took the audience way back and placed what didn't make any sense all together. It kind of reminded me of "Shutter Island". I mean, that's a bad example, but that's the first movie that came to mind at the end. I gave it 4 stars out of 5. It's one of those movies where you have to kind of put a puzzle together.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
That gif makes it look like Will Smith is getting a blow job.