GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,378
2 members and 2,376 guests
navane

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
I used to work for a very popular for-profit institution. I stopped working there because of policy changes that were seriously starting to weird me out about their commitment to education over profits. I would say when I started the focus was education, but then they started advising us to "step up our game" because profits were down 10% etc.

While the accreditation was that same as that of ASU, UMichigan, UArizona among others-I quickly learned the credits did not transfer to traditional institutions the same once I began working in a SACS-accredited institution's transfer/evaluation office. The reason for this was the format of the classes-particularly the online courses. So basically they are worthless in transfer.

But my overall opinion of the student's and the work was that everyone was working on making the courses relavent to work Also we did have entrance requirements, but those were mostly for people who didn't speak English, didn't have a legitimate HS diploma, or a legitimate AA or transfer credits. It wasn't a cake walk. We had to turn a lot of people away. And it truly was efficient for people with years of experience who needed accelerated degrees in order to get promoted or explore new job options. Also this institution has MANY campuses in local communities that are brick and mortar. Many of the other for-profits do.

Last edited by BabyPiNK_FL; 02-03-2013 at 06:55 PM.