GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Omega Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,205
2 members and 2,203 guests
abobbygoglet246

Old 06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OHNOITSJESS
When did you know?

I knew when researching engineering sororities. Something about A.O.E. stood out. When another group kind of dropped the ball on us (it happens), and A.O.E. was officially chosen by us to seek affiliation with, that's when I knew that I was mean to be an A.O.E.

The paths we all took to reach A.O.E. were different. Some through formal recruitment, some through COB, and probably some other ways.

So I'm curious,

When did you realize that A.O.E. was meant to be your home?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I always knew I wanted to be Greek because my mother and sister are both sorority women. However, when I went through recruitment I just didn't find the feel they had described to me. My mother was very supportive and encouraged me to go through COB (although I think she was half hoping I would join her chapter).

Three groups (none of them being my mother's) were offering COB: Two were NPC members and one was a member of the PHC but not the NPC. That was the one I fell in love with: Alpha Omega Epsilon.

I fell in love with them because their strong sisterhood was apparent when I walked in the door but also everywhere I saw sisters, from classes to coffee shops to the gym. They seemed to really love each other and the organization and I was impressed.

So, that was when I knew I wanted to join Alpha Ep. I didn't know that it was my home until close to my initation. I joined rather late in the semester, so I didn't start new member programing right away but they kept me busy and included with mixers, study nights, and sisterhoods. I loved the group and loved the sisters from the start.

I really found that it was my home during the candidacy. I had a wonderful big sister and my family tree seemed to fit me perfectly. Learning the ideals, objectives, and rituals behind our organization made me realize this was really home.

During my sister initation and ritual week, I really discovered that this was entirely where I was meant to be. I am so pleased that everything worked out the way it did because I am thrilled to call Alpha Ep my home.
An ALPHA OMEGA E!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I dropped out of recruitment during my freshman year (it was orientation week) because I realized during it that I was anxious for the end of parties. I would rather go back to the dorms and hang out with the girls there. I thought that it meant that I liked the "idea" of sororities better than the actuality.

I went to COB for ΑΩΕ recruitment because I was still interested in joining a sorority and I found that I never wanted to leave the parties. That's how I knew ΑΩΕ was something I wanted to join.

I knew it was "home" later that year when we had formal. The next morning I went out to breakfast in the freezing cold with my pledge sisters and we were still laughing about things that had gone on the night before. I barely noticed the cold. That's when I knew I had made the right choice.

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!