GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,442
1 members and 2,441 guests
No Members online

Old 02-01-2012, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Passing of a Friend

I don't normally do this, but I found out yesterday that a friend of mine passed away. His name is Arthur Ramsey and he was a brother of Kappa Alpha Psi and was initiated into KAPsi through the Gamma Gamma Chapter at Talladega College in the Spring of 1994. He leaves behind three daughters.

On campus, he was affectionally known as "BoBo," but I never knew him as that, I always called him Arthur, one of the few people that ever called him that. I met him when I was a freshman and he was a sophomore. He had a devilish grin on his face and what appeared to be a smile in his heart.

When I spoke with him, there never seemed to be anything that would make me doubt that he meant what he said. He always seemed to be upfront with me and he was real, a person that I could count on.

Arthur was one of the "good guys" on my list of people that I seemed to like and get along with. He always had people around him and he got along with everyone. If you were on campus and the name BoBo came up, you either thought, "dang, what's he done NOW" or "what is that BOY doing?" But either way, your mind wandered around pondering his actions, shaking your head at what you heard, or laughing your guts out in hearing what he really did do! You always would have a smile or a smirk when it came to him.

Yes, the years have come and gone, and when I was on campus and we attended Dear Old Dega, I always thought of him as one of my true friends and that's the image that will always remain in my mind and heart when I think about Arthur.

If you get a chance, I think that he had a facebook page or feel free to go to the Talladega Alumni website, degaalumni.ning.com and leave a message for him and his family, I'm sure that they will appreciate it. There is a memorial fund that has been set up through Wells Fargo bank under the name of the Ramsey Memorial Fund, as his passing was unexpected.

When you find a person that the years can separate and you can still call them your friend, you've found meaning for yourself.

Thanks,
libramunoz

Last edited by libramunoz; 02-01-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: new information
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator

RIP and condolences to his friends and family.