GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,668
3 members and 1,665 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma, speedsters

Old 02-10-2008, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
"You know what Chuck, I’m not supposed to say stuff like this, but you’re my Rush Crush!” This angered and confused Chuck. Chuck immediately threw kung fu Theta into a table of sparkling cider and yellow-iced kite cookies. Chuck said, “Whose rush is crushed now?” The Thetas then explained to Chuck what a “rush crush” was. Chuck said, “Oh.” The Theta preference continued and was very nice.
Oh my gosh, I think I just fell out of my chair. This is the best rush thread EVER! Following and anxiously awaiting to find out where Chuck ends up.

Chuck, it's a shame you dropped Phi Mu. You could have used our quatrefoil as a weapon-- like a ninja star.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

this is seriously the best thread ever on GC!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Here is my analysis

Theta: Symbol - Kite, Flower - Pansy, Mascot - Cat
Pi Phi: Symbol - Arrow, Flower - Wine Carnation, Mascot - Angel
Zeta: Symbol - Crown, Flower - Violet, Mascot - Strawberry

I'm going with Zeta Tau Alpha. Why? Chuck would never consider himself a Pansy. Being known as an Angel would hurt Chuck's bad-ass-dude's reputation. Which leads me to Zeta. He will wear the crown
Old 02-10-2008, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Here is my analysis

Theta: Symbol - Kite, Flower - Pansy, Mascot - Cat
Pi Phi: Symbol - Arrow, Flower - Wine Carnation, Mascot - Angel
Zeta: Symbol - Crown, Flower - Violet, Mascot - Strawberry

I'm going with Zeta Tau Alpha. Why? Chuck would never consider himself a Pansy. Being known as an Angel would hurt Chuck's bad-ass-dude's reputation. Which leads me to Zeta. He will wear the crown
I think that's a pretty good analysis.

I'm pretty torn between Pi Phi and Zeta. While he would be an "Angel" if he joined Pi Phi, he'd be the Bad Ass Angel of Death.
That just REEKS of coolness!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Chuck's final installment...

Last night it was late when Chuck filled out his bid card. Chuck filled out his own name three times because “Chuck Norris” is never wrong.

Chuck was up all night making plans for a quintuple-bladed extinction crown, a saber-toothed death kite, and venom-infused, blow-dart arrows.

Chuck was starting to question the infinite wisdom that inspired his creative bid day card at 7 a.m. when … the phone rang. Chuck had heard about the phone calls on bid day and his bicepts started to swell in the purest fury he had ever known. The seams of his favorite Bratz pajamas began to rip open thread by thread.

Chuck played it cool, though, and answered as he usually does: “You have ten seconds to identify yourself or die.”

A lady’s voice answered. “This is Julie Burkhard, your Rho Chi. We’ve had a bid matching issue we’d like to talk to you about before we can give any of the other PNMs bids. Would you come down, please?”

Chuck was there in less than 60 seconds, not because he was in a hurry. In fact, Chuck could have been there earlier if he hadn’t been accessorizing. Chuck can be anywhere in the world in less than 60 seconds.

When Chuck arrived, Ms. Burkhard looked very relieved to see him. She said, “Chuck, we really need your help. We entered your information into our bid matching software and I don’t know how to tell you this, but our system crashed. I guess we just weren’t prepared for Chuck Norris to be placed in the mutual selection process. It was likely our fault for assuming the software could handle you. Well, I am sorry to say that the software did not match your bid before it began to inexplicably ooze bullets and blood from the back of the computer. So, I talked to all the groups, and it turns out that they all would like Chuck as a sister. Here are your bid cards.”

Chuck started to flip through the cards, and then became confused. Why was there a squirrel on one of Chuck’s bids? A turtle, too? Was this a joke? Chuck likes jokes about as much as he likes the stepford-posts on HPRL. Chuck counted the cards – there were 26. Chuck asked Ms. Burkhard about it, she replied, “Oh I forgot to tell you. Something else rather unprecedented happen. Your entire PNM group refused to name organizations on their bid card. If there were just a few, we’d just refuse to put them in the system, but each of them wrote “I want what Chuck wants.” The whole situation is rather unheard of, so I started making some calls to find out what to do. Once it got out to the other NPC organizations that Chuck Norris was going through recruitment, suddenly everyone wanted to colonize here if it meant Chuck Norris would be their first new member. While I personally do not think this is the best solution, anything else would risk a complete revolution by the unrepresented sororities. I’m afraid that telling them no would have been the end of NPC! So, I hope you choose wisely, Chuck.

Chuck was blown away. Sure Chuck had something special with kung fu Theta, but what more did he have in common with the other thetas besides politics? Didn’t he want something more out of sisterhood? And sure the Zetas were nice, but Chuck isn’t so sure the members he met were worldly enough. And while the Pi Phis were thoughtful, did Chuck really want to make a lifetime commitment over a gun-cookie? Chuck had made forum-friends on GC with sisters from all of the groups, and Chuck really didn’t want to limit himself to the sororities on campus. In fact, it started to seem more Chuck-like to bring his entire PNM group with him and start a new chapter on campus with all new Chucktastic traditions.

Chuck didn’t know how he felt as he flipped through the cards. Then… one of the bid cards, in cerulean blue, stood out. It said:

“Chuck, we’d like to invite you to join our Delta Force.”

It went on: “Since 1888, we think our founders were building up for Chuck to take us into the 21st century in style.”

Chuck was touched. Chuck is now proud to become a colonizing new member…

of…

Delta

Delta

Delta!

Chuck thanks everyone for encouraging in the process and hopes that all of Chuck’s GC fans will be happy for him. Chuck looks forward to being a Panhellenic sister to all of his NPC friends. Chuck pledges to protect the entire NPC from the Axis of Evil!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations Chuck Norris. I hope you and Tri Delta have a beautiful life long bond!

I'm not going to lie... that ending threw me for a loop. I thought Chuck Norris wasn't a pansy?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL! Chuck is a Tri Delt!!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

congratulations chuck-although i must admit i am crushed that i can only call you a panhellenic sister. well, that...... and protector of npc.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

YAY Chuck!

I can see you kicking ass and taking names with your trident of justice.

Still, it would have been cool to have you as a Sig Kap so you can hurl our snake around.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas*princess View Post
Congratulations Chuck Norris. I hope you and Tri Delta have a beautiful life long bond!

I'm not going to lie... that ending threw me for a loop. I thought Chuck Norris wasn't a pansy?
Chuck Norris knew someone would bring this up (sigh). Chuck Norris is not a pansy... Chuck Norris is the giant Sequoia tree surrounded by pansies.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

What fine bastion of higher learning dares to claim Mr. Norris?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
The seams of his favorite Bratz pajamas began to rip open thread by thread.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:28 PM

dont for get to introduce yourself in the Delta Delta Delta forum!!!

this thread is great!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome ending! Chuck for Panhellenic President!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

DELTA....

Aww, I got my hopes up...for nothing.

Oh, well, Chuck, congrats on your bid. Oh-what did you bid shirt say?