GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,329
0 members and 2,329 guests
No Members online

Old 05-23-2004, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Rumors

When I was an active, I was told that every chapter of Alpha Delta Pi had a Blue & White Room. And, every chapter that one of the sisters visited did indeed have a Blue & White Room. I always thought that was awesome, but have since found out that the dictate to have a Blue & White Room was bogus.

I kinda wish that it was true. The Pitt chapter has three major rooms to decorate (a Formal Living Room, an Informal Living Room, and a Chapter Room), and the last time I was there, NONE of them were Blue & White! When I was in school, the Informal Living Room was always the Blue & White Room, but I'm not fussy - I'd just like to see ONE of those rooms decorated in our colors! But the interior design at Pitt is a whole new thread (trust me!)(Oh, to hit the lottery!!!!!).

Has anyone else heard something like "The Blue & White Room"?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-23-2004, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

No I have never heard of that...but Beta Tau's formal living room is Blue and White! It was a tacky pink when I joined but by my senior year it was transformed into a beautiful blue and white!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiAkron
No I have never heard of that...but Beta Tau's formal living room is Blue and White! It was a tacky pink when I joined but by my senior year it was transformed into a beautiful blue and white!
My scanner isn't working, but the next time I go out to my house, I'll get some photos of a model home I visited! It is the epitome of what can be done with Blue & White, and I practically swoon every time I look at it!!

Of course, the realtor thought I was crazy until I told her what I was up to, and then she was all excited - her sister had been an ADPi when she was in school!!
Old 05-23-2004, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Of course, the realtor thought I was crazy until I told her what I was up to, and then she was all excited - her sister had been an ADPi when she was in school!!
That is so cool! BTW my bathroom is blue and white!! haha
Old 05-23-2004, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiAkron
That is so cool! BTW my bathroom is blue and white!! haha
ROTFL!!!! I have a blue & white bathroom set, for when I add my second bathroom!! Sad, so sad...
Old 05-24-2004, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Adelphean1851 Send a message via Yahoo to Adelphean1851
Zeta Omega UCF's formal living room is Blue and White, theres patterns in there too but walls are definately Azure.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
Gama Lambda didn't have a Blue and White room, although our dining room was blue wallpaper up to the chair rail with a white/random-paint-splatter paper above the rail. Our TV room was blue carpet and blue couch with white/blue stiped walls. Our Formal Room was colors of the day - mauve, blue, tan, cream.

Gamma Pi has a Chapter Lounge in the dorm. It would make you swoon, Honey!!! It is a beautiful azure blue room with crisp white ceiling (not dorm-dirty white!) and a deeper blue carpet. There is a pretty violets border and ADPi-related wall hangings.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, I have the Blue & White room photos. I scanned them, but I don't seem to have a .jpg to share them. HELP!!!!!

ETA: I've also emailed them to myself. Does anyone know how I can post them from there?

Last edited by honeychile; 05-24-2004 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I had a chance to check the boards sooner than I thought!!!

Beta Beta's chapter room is Azure Blue and White.

We also have a purple room with violet wall-paper.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter house had pink and gray interior for the longest time. Last summer, the house corporation made repairs and redecorated the house, and where it was pretty and comfy, it is now absolutely beautiful! The formal went from baby pink to blue!

The biggest compliment I can think of is that another chapter house at UCF had a complete remodel and professional interior decorator redo that house at the same time. When their alum came to tour the new interior decor of ADPi (which was all done with love by the alum of house corp, with no professional assistance) they ooh'd and ahh'd and told us how jealous they were of our good taste! A little love goes a long way.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by adpiucf
Our chapter house had pink and gray interior for the longest time. Last summer, the house corporation made repairs and redecorated the house, and where it was pretty and comfy, it is now absolutely beautiful! The formal went from baby pink to blue!

The biggest compliment I can think of is that another chapter house at UCF had a complete remodel and professional interior decorator redo that house at the same time. When their alum came to tour the new interior decor of ADPi (which was all done with love by the alum of house corp, with no professional assistance) they ooh'd and ahh'd and told us how jealous they were of our good taste! A little love goes a long way.
That must have been beautiful, having seen the outside of your gorgeous house!!!!

Our suite was well-known as the best looking (when NPC had a special meeting in town, it was purposely held in our suite), but we had an interior decorator. Oh, the stories I could tell about him!!
Old 06-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
My scanner isn't working, but the next time I go out to my house, I'll get some photos of a model home I visited! It is the epitome of what can be done with Blue & White, and I practically swoon every time I look at it!!

I emailed the photos to Brianna, and I'm hoping that she can get her father to post them. These are really incredible photos - especially the dining & family rooms!

Oh, to be rich and to be able to redecorate at will!!!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Whens the last time you were in the formal living room Kidder? I was there last night for House Corp and this is sad to say but I havent been there in a year and the walls in the living room now have this flower border all over it and a flower thing above the entryway arch into the living room. It is not blue or white but flowery. Im not too sure if I like it now or not, but we recovered the couches too in flowery print too hon so only blue is a few chairs. It is changing to a flowery mess lol....
I wont get into it either. I made a few suggestions last night but I guess even if I am an Interior Designer they dont listen to me lol. I think its just a older lady thing, they are like my grandma, they always know best lol. Gotta love em anyways, they are the ones who make the house look great
Old 06-11-2004, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiShannan
Whens the last time you were in the formal living room Kidder? I was there last night for House Corp and this is sad to say but I havent been there in a year and the walls in the living room now have this flower border all over it and a flower thing above the entryway arch into the living room. It is not blue or white but flowery. Im not too sure if I like it now or not, but we recovered the couches too in flowery print too hon so only blue is a few chairs. It is changing to a flowery mess lol....
I wont get into it either. I made a few suggestions last night but I guess even if I am an Interior Designer they dont listen to me lol. I think its just a older lady thing, they are like my grandma, they always know best lol. Gotta love em anyways, they are the ones who make the house look great
THE FLOWERS OVER THE DOORWAYS ARE HIDEOUS! Didn't Missy do that? The couches are very sorority house so I do not have a problem with them....and they look waaaaayyyy better than the old ones!!

Well I think they paid alot for all of the couch recovers so I know they won't change those...and I think it would be a lot of work to take off that flower crap on the walls and repaint it to match! So even if the Queen of England wanted that changed--I do not see it happening!
Old 06-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiShannan
...they dont listen to me lol. I think its just a older lady thing, they are like my grandma, they always know best lol. Gotta love em anyways, they are the ones who make the house look great
Omigosh, do you sound like me!!!

Alpha Iota has really high (20') ceilings in the formal hallway & living room, and I was horrified to see Christmas lights on the archway!!! I was told that the lights went up for Formal Recruitment (in September), and still hadn't been taken down!!

First rule of being an alumna: Learning to pick your battles.
Second rule: Learning to bite your tongue. A lot.