GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 317,369
Threads: 115,921
Welcome to our newest member, LionelShup

Old 10-02-2020, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Interact like adults.

Just this once I'm pulling rank.

See, here's the thing, Greekchat is for anyone to come here and dicuss, like rational adults topics, including politics. Trolling and any other childish, racist, and other behaviour (that violates TOS) that is just stupid, is grounds for being booted off of the site.

Of course everyone is going to have different opinions. We're human. ETA: We are decent enough to treat each other like humans.

It's really simple: If you can't, or don't adhere to being a decent participant on this site, you're out.

Don't like it? There are other sites that are un-moderated and the participants don't care.

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 10-03-2020 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Fix the typo. I was pissed off when I wrote this.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

100% agree.

(Although seeing TOS made me flash back to BA...)
Old 10-02-2020, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
100% agree.

(Although seeing TOS made me flash back to BA...)
Among her other pseudonyms.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't looked at the TOS since BA. And yes, to NP's point, I've tried the best I can to help these newcomers participate. I heard of a meme posted earlier, I would have banned based upon that alone.

One of the greatest things about this site is that there is a huge diversity of opinion and for the most part, we treat each other well.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 10-02-2020, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

I started typing this post as a response to a post by a user, but I don't want them to feel singled out, so I moved this here.

So I'll break my own rule as I'm sure some here don't like what we've been doing here. If you don't want someone to troll you, place them on ignore. I can't possibly monitor every thread and I really don't like deleting posts of people who I have high regard for.

To people being called "troll," you might want to look that up as that very much does appear what you're trying to do here. There are conservative posters and liberal posters who say what they mean and challenge people on points. Then there are those who appear solely here in order to try and elicit hateful reactions by baiting other posters. This isn't an insult so much as a statement of fact--and one I find to be accurate based on this poster's behavior.

I also don't find it acceptable to attack another user because they do not communicate as someone from the U.S. That is unacceptable as well.

No do I find it strange that someone who maybe spent a little time in the U.S. thinks much about or really cares whether there are 9 originalists on the SCOTUS and that everything is the "Rats'" fault? Hell yes I do. That is just weird by my standards--and I'm from Oklahoma, so I have heard just about the worst invective to come out of the far Right because most folks around here feel safe to incorrectly assume I share those viewpoints and casually tend to blurt that sort of thing out.

Do I think it's rational to conclude that this must make them a Russian troll? Not at all. That's a huge leap. There are all kinds of folks all around the world with all kinds of viewpoints I find to be odd. A lot of them end up in these forums.

Now I just deleted a bunch of folks' posts telling someone to go back to Siberia. Let's play nice.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma

Last edited by Kevin; 10-03-2020 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

At least 5 of us have monitored the site for 2 days and deleted a buttload of posts. I am done. There are several people who are within a hair of being banned.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
At least 5 of us have monitored the site for 2 days and deleted a buttload of posts. I am done. There are several people who are within a hair of being banned.
Yes, yes, and yes!

Can't guarantee that I plan to be as gentle in the future.