GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,001
3 members and 1,998 guests
babobygooglet93, oncegreek, TLLK

Old 04-06-2005, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
Quote:
Originally posted by mu_agd
So I'm reading The Bachelorette Party by Karen McCullah Lutz right now (she's the Alpha Gam who cowrote the Legally Blonde screenplay), and one of the characters in the book is an Alpha Gam!
Great, I need a new book to read--I will go buy it tomorrow.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-10-2005, 12:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
really random - i hit 800 posts...

- marissa
A GD
Old 04-10-2005, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm having one of those rare moments when I wish I had a man, as I try to finish cutting up the tree that partially fell in my backyard in November... <sigh>

I read Angels & Demons Friday night/Saturday morning. Wow, what a book. And ironic timing for me to be reading it as they are about to select a new pope! I had no idea it was about that at all until I started reading. In fact, I had bought it at the hotel during TLC thinking I'd read on the plane, but I slept instead.

Dee
Old 04-10-2005, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So I'm reading The Bachelorette Party by Karen McCullah Lutz right now (she's the Alpha Gam who cowrote the Legally Blonde screenplay), and one of the characters in the book is an Alpha Gam!
I just bought the book today! I'm trying to get to it as soon as I can, but right now, my business class seminar awaits!
Old 04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Unregistered-

One day late, but better than never!

Happy 1st Birthday, Hau`oli la Hanau ... to Arwen, hawaiiagd's little legacy. Can you believe she's ONE already? Didn't it seem like it was just yesterday the stork brought her to MaiLy and Rob?

Sorry I missed her baby luau yesterday, but I couldn't get away from work. I would have loved to have been there with everyone...the food...and the jumping castle! Nothing like first baby luaus!
Old 04-10-2005, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
So I just got back from Chicago. it was a good weekend.. except for the part Saturday night where we drove by Howl and it made me miss Maria and Marissa and Sandy and then we continued on and drove past Ted's place and it freaked me out!
Old 04-11-2005, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So I just got back from Chicago. it was a good weekend.. except for the part Saturday night where we drove by Howl and it made me miss Maria and Marissa and Sandy and then we continued on and drove past Ted's place and it freaked me out!
any offers for a view of the 52nd floor?!?!

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

- marissa

ps. i miss you too!
A GD
Old 04-11-2005, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by squirrely girl
any offers for a view of the 52nd floor?!?!

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

- marissa

ps. i miss you too!
thankfully, No! OMG, I would have died if that had happened again!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Even though I've been saying for a while that I don't want to date, I've had this really weird feeling for the past week that I'm going to meet someone special soon. I don't know why I have that feeling, it's just a gut thing. That said, I hope my gut feeling didn't have anything to do with the really dirty, creepy, psycho looking man at the gas station today who came up to me to tell me how pretty I am and who kept trying to talk to me while I was interacting with the cashier. I shot out of that gas station FAST.

Sure hope that wasn't the man I feel like I'm going to meet.. LOL

Dee
Old 04-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Unregistered-

My 97 year old grandmother passed away this afternoon.

Got the call early this morning from my mom at work telling me to go to the hospital. She had been ill for several years now, but her doctors told my mom and the rest of our family to get our asses there ASAP. She was unresponsive, but we knew that she knew we were there. Many aunts, uncles, and cousins were placed on speakerphone to say their final goodbyes.

My Lila fought till the end. When her BP dropped, it'd pick up again once she heard the voice of a new family member that dropped by.

I can't believe she's gone. But I'm relieved...no more feeding tubes, IVs, etc. etc. Before we left her floor today we all gave her doctors, nurses, EVEN THOSE WHO CHANGED HER BEDPANS! big hugs of gratitude. They became like family to us during her time on the 4th floor.

Lila leaves behind 4 generations of family who will miss her, many of whom will be flying in ONCE AGAIN from San Francisco and Vegas in the coming week.

Maria (wherever you are) and Nic, thanks for keeping me company today. It really meant a lot.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry Sandy. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family. You've all had a rough month...

LIEP,

Dee
Old 04-14-2005, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine
My 97 year old grandmother passed away this afternoon.

Got the call early this morning from my mom at work telling me to go to the hospital. She had been ill for several years now, but her doctors told my mom and the rest of our family to get our asses there ASAP. She was unresponsive, but we knew that she knew we were there. Many aunts, uncles, and cousins were placed on speakerphone to say their final goodbyes.

My Lila fought till the end. When her BP dropped, it'd pick up again once she heard the voice of a new family member that dropped by.

I can't believe she's gone. But I'm relieved...no more feeding tubes, IVs, etc. etc. Before we left her floor today we all gave her doctors, nurses, EVEN THOSE WHO CHANGED HER BEDPANS! big hugs of gratitude. They became like family to us during her time on the 4th floor.

Lila leaves behind 4 generations of family who will miss her, many of whom will be flying in ONCE AGAIN from San Francisco and Vegas in the coming week.

Maria (wherever you are) and Nic, thanks for keeping me company today. It really meant a lot.
Anytime Sandy. You know I'm always here for you when you need it. Now it's time to reflect on all the wonderful memories you had with your grandmother. My thoughts are with you and your family right now.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry for your loss, Sandy.
My grandmother recently passed, also, but it is comforting to know they are in a much better place smiling upon us.

Facebook
Old 04-14-2005, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

i'm sorry hun - my prayers are with your family!

- marissa
A GD
Old 04-14-2005, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to canadajen
Unhappy I'm sorry

Sandy ~ my condolences to you & your family. May your grandma be in a better place.

- Jen