GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,597
2 members and 1,595 guests
*winter*, speedsters

Old 07-07-2003, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking University of Oklahoma!!

Hi! Can anyone give me any info on what rush is like at OU?? I have gotten a lot of good advice already but nothing to specific to OU. I can't wait for rush but I'm really nervous! Thanks for your help!!!!
Old 07-08-2003, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to steelepike Send a message via Yahoo to steelepike
All I can say since I'm a guy and its actually going to be my first year at OU as well is, good luck and have a great year. Hopefully some other GCers from OU can help with more specifics for sorority rush.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Great God in Heaven look at those houses! Wow! They are all beautiful! I'm sorry I just had to write this! Good luck!
Old 07-08-2003, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

OUKate is an Alpha Gam at the University of Oklahoma. She gave me some advice for my cousins who are attending. I know she mentioned that recs were important at OU. So you should probably get as many out as possible & soon. Other than that, relax, keep an open mind, and have a great time. OU is great!
Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2003, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kelster1898
Rush at OU is fun. Some of the houses are really hardcore, while otheres are laid back. Its kind of scary at first, but after the first rush party you attend, you will begin to get use to all the loud bouncing, and clapping. All the houses are spread out into North greek adn South greek, make sure you bring a pair of comfortable shoes like tennis shoes or flips flops. After day one you may have a party at the farest south house in South greek and then have to go to the farest north house in north greek. Its not fun running in heels. . I The really big advice I can give you is that during rush you will be hearing all sorts of reputations and rumors about every house. Some good and some bad. Dont let all the girls that you just met sway your decision on what house you want. You may like a small house where you can know all of your sisters, or a big one where you have your clique of friends that all share the ame secrets, whatever it is go into it with an open mind. Let your heart take you where you want to go. If you have an specific questions I will be happy to answer them.. Maybe I will see you during rush. Good Luck!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I am a DG alumn from OU. I agree with everything Kelster said. She described OU rush exactly as I remembered it. I just wanted to say good luck, and I hope you enjoy rushing!

Jennifer
Old 07-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

My little brother's girlfriend was a Chi-O at Furman who transferred to OU and affiliated there last semester. I'm an alum of UCO and can't tell you a whole lot about recruitment at OU. I can say that the Greek system up there is huge! The sororities are all excellent organizations. Good luck!
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-08-2003, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the advice and support! It is great to know there are people out there who really care! I am even more excited about going through rush at OU! Still very nervous, I am trying to keep and open mind and let whatever is meant to happen happen. I know that I will meet alot of great people! Please if there is anything else i should know or look out for keep me posted!
Old 07-08-2003, 02:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
My sentiments exactly! I am looking at the houses and I am in AWE

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnsDGsweethrt
Great God in Heaven look at those houses! Wow! They are all beautiful! I'm sorry I just had to write this! Good luck!
Old 07-08-2003, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

ok another question... I have sent all my info to the area ref chairs for recs, I also have other recs for some sororities, if i dont have other recs for the rest ( besides the area ref chairs) will I still be ok? Thank you!!
Old 07-08-2003, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
One of my sisters went to grad school at Oklahoma and advised their Kappa chapter. They're all incredibly hospitable-- when she went down to audition, they invited her to stay at the house for a whole week-- and sweet. She was their NM advisor, and she told me that their NM class is usually around 90 girls. Good luck!
Old 07-08-2003, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

One of the women on our alumnae chapter Exec Board graduated from there and I know a couple of years ago she was talking about how they needed another house on campus because of quota being around 90.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to cntryZTA5
I met the ZTA recruitment chair at our leadership conference a few weeks ago, she was great!

Good luck in recruitment, I'm sure you would be an asset to any of the chapters!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
OH MY GOD!!! I want to go back to school and go to OU to live in one of those fabulous houses!! Not an ugly or small one in the bunch!! You all at OU are soooo lucky!! Good luck during recruitment!
Old 07-09-2003, 10:38 AM

Me too Heather, and I would guess the dues are just a tad-bit higher than ours were LOL.

I think AOPi's and ZTA's are the coolest looking. My question though as a silly Northerner - do you really get that much snow in Oklahoma?