GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,554
1 members and 1,553 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

U of Oregon Recruitment

Does anyone know anything about U of O recruitment? Most of the information I find is outdated or at least a few years old. I saw that the quota number for last year was 33. I have also often heard of release numbers. Is there anyway a pnm can find those numbers? I have already looked at the website, seen registration and the chapters on the campus.

Any information would be helpful (or somewhat soothing!) Thank You!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Does anyone know anything about U of O recruitment? Most of the information I find is outdated or at least a few years old. I saw that the quota number for last year was 33. I have also often heard of release numbers. Is there anyway a pnm can find those numbers? I have already looked at the website, seen registration and the chapters on the campus.

Any information would be helpful (or somewhat soothing!) Thank You!
Oh honey, don't even think of those numbers. It's just an unnecessary thing to have on your mind as you prepare for recruitment.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Totally agree with OTW ... focus on you and your recruitment experience, not the internal workings of the chapters or Panhel. One step at a time. Good luck with recruitment!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Ditto what OTW said. And no one would be able to give you these numbers anyway as they are private information for the chapters. Just worry about the things you can control.

ETA: I should say, don't "worry" about anything, but rather focus on the things within your control - your attitude, conversation skills, etc.

Last edited by AlphaXi_Husky; 08-15-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM

Release figures info is only given to the chapters. It's not availaible to PNMs (becaus it's for the chapters to worry about). Don't concern yourself with it. I mean that in a nice way because worrying about it is going to make you more nervous which will show during recruitment.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Now that I rethought that (thank you Kansas City and OTW!) I probably don't want to worry about numbers. I am probably over obsessing (I still have 5 weeks!) about recruitment.

Does anyone know how competitive it is?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

My experience with UO is from the early to mid 90s. At that time, it was not too competitive. Most women received a bid if they maximized their options. The women I knew that did not end up with a bid either failed to maximize their options or dropped out b/c they had their mind set on certain sororities and then were dropped by those sororities.

All the sororities at UO are great and have a long history at the school. If you keep an open mind, you should be fine. Good luck.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank You!

Thank you for all the advice. I am going in knowing nothing of the reputations on the campus and to go in with as open a mind as I can, which has been a trick since about half my high school went there! I told one of my friends that I was going to go through recruitment and she said "OH! Don't even bother to look at-" At that point my hand was over her mouth.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Great attitude - hope all goes well and you find your home.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

So I met a girl the other day who is at a sorority at UO. She was wearing (link taken down)

and said that was too formal for pref. Now that is nothing I would choose for my dress but it seems really informal to me. I know recruitment is informal, but I was thinking I would wear a dress like this: (link taken down)

in black. It would reach my knees. I figured I could make the dress a little more formal with shoes and accessories, possibly red heels to stand out a little.

Anyones opinion?

P.S. The links will be taken down in about 8 hours...

Last edited by WCsweet<3; 08-24-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

The forever 21 one would be spot on appropriate for pref at my school and the delia's one looks too casual. But this is my school. I'd ask around a little more at your school.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
So I met a girl the other day who is at a sorority at UO. She was wearing (link taken down)

and said that was too formal for pref. Now that is nothing I would choose for my dress but it seems really informal to me. I know recruitment is informal, but I was thinking I would wear a dress like this: (link taken down)

in black. It would reach my knees. I figured I could make the dress a little more formal with shoes and accessories, possibly red heels to stand out a little.

Anyones opinion?

P.S. The links will be taken down in about 8 hours...
I would ask the Greek Life Office about the dress code and go with what they tell you. UoO is a casual school and not at all like the schools we have seen rec stories so far this year.