GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,466
1 members and 2,465 guests
No Members online

Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Phi Mu has a Facebook application where PNM's can get information and sign up for interview times. I must say, that's pretty badass.
Yes, these are very popular and easy to use which is great. Ours was created by one of the popular website vendors and has been great so far!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2012, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordeltapgh View Post
Yes, these are very popular and easy to use which is great. Ours was created by one of the popular website vendors and has been great so far!
Can PNM's sign up for interviews without broadcasting that to the world? That's the only problem I see, but it's cool that the groups are using this stuff.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Can PNM's sign up for interviews without broadcasting that to the world? That's the only problem I see, but it's cool that the groups are using this stuff.
I am not exactly sure how it would work with your FB privacy settings. Great technology either way!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

This whole process is fascinating to me!. So what would an AXO legacy do in a colonization situation at such a competitive school? Would she go as far as she can and then drop out just like all the other PNMs. Do you think she would have sufficient info to choose between AXO and her other choices without having met with AXO for more than an info session....what a hard choice!

I pity the really big greek systems. My greek system is so small you could almost pref based on which chapter the other PNMs want. I almost didn't pref AXO because of a snotty PNM who also wanted them...turns out she was just really competitive and we ended up being great sisters.

Last edited by mandyk01; 08-20-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

She would do whatever she wanted to do. She does not have a guaranted bid from AXO if she goes thru their colonization. It's a tough call but people make it every year.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
We have used the same app for our most recent colonizations. I believe the app asks if you would like it to post on your feed and you can obviously choose not to.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Sweet!
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
This is lovely: Arkansas Chi O's wearing Phi Mu shirts and making pretty darn good quatrefoils in front of their house:
Could this be the Phi Mu colonization team and they just happen to be recruiting out of the Chi Omega house?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

I do know that during colonizations on other campuses, sororities will wear "Go XYZ" buttons, and are encouraged to bring prospective colonists to the sign up tables, so I suppose they might also wear shirts supporting the colonizing sororities.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
Could this be the Phi Mu colonization team and they just happen to be recruiting out of the Chi Omega house?
These women are Arkansas Chi Omegas. Our recruitment team took the photo.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
I suppose the caption on facebook identifying them as Chi Os could have been incorrect, but I can't believe members of the Phi Mu HQ team would be photographed barefoot...
But Arkansas Chi Omegas would? Regardless of who they are, it gets hot in Arkansas this time of year and I expect this was an unplanned photo opportunity. And many Southerners, myself included, like to go barefoot at times.

For what it is worth, like FSUZeta I have seen general panhellenic shirts that say something like “Arkansas Panhellenic welcomes Phi Mu". But these shirts are not like that. They are rather straight up “Phi Mu”.

As such, I don’t think it is normal for members of one sorority to wear the letters (in their colors) of another sorority – even if they are written out. Both groups may have rules and protocol about wearing letters. And why would members of one group be giving out another group’s “hand sign”? Maybe they are trying to show some sort support, but it just seems odd to me.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithful.sister View Post
These women are Arkansas Chi Omegas. Our recruitment team took the photo.
We posted at the same time.

Why are they representing Phi Mu?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

They are definitely Chi Omegas. The Phi Mu recruitment team is not that large and they are also handing out the tanks at their table.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven View Post
We posted at the same time.

Why are they representing Phi Mu?
Welcoming them to the Arkansas PH?????? I think it's nice of them to do that. Very PH oriented.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Welcoming them to the Arkansas PH?????? I think it's nice of them to do that. Very PH oriented.
Well, I guess that is one way to look at it.

I will leave it to the Chi Omegas to confirm the Chi Omega protocol of Chi Omega members wearing other NPC letters and throwing up other NPC signs. And the Phi Mus can confirm the appropriateness of non Phi Mu members - and in this case, initiated members of another NPC sorority - wearing Phi Mu letters etc. But if they are both fine with it, then more power to them.

In the mean time, Woo Pig Sooie! Assuming it is ok for a Wildcat to say that.