GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,346
2 members and 1,344 guests
g41965

Old 08-15-2000, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh my goodness, how can I forget about Saved By the Bell!!! I think I saw each episode like about 50+ each!! Didn't ya'll just love Slater?...those dimples...aaaahhhh to die for!

And how can I forget about Alvin and the Chipmunks?! I had that Christmas album (yes, album!) Remember the "Hula-Hoop" song? "I still want my huuuu-la hoop"! Ah the memories!

Facts of Life was cool too--couldn't you just slap Blair sometimes w/ her stuck up attitude? But she turned out to be ok sometimes.

Here's some more cartoons:
She-Ra and He-Man
Dungeons and Dragons
Rainbow Brite
My Little Ponies
Pound Puppies
The Get-a-Long Gang
The Snorkles
Curious George (the show w/ the little monkey)

Did anyone watch "Today's Special"? It came on the Canadian channel where I live
(Detroit).

Remember Schoolhouse Rocks? Conjunction junction what's the function (is that how it went?)

Oh and did anyone watch Mr. Dressup? Man, couldn't he draw? I wanted to draw like him so bad. I loved that show.
Old 08-15-2000, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Speaking of Road Runner, I always got a kick out of how Wile E. Coyote would run off the edge of a cliff (or ride off the edge on his Acme rocket scooter) and go straight out for 100 feet, then all of a sudden look down and realize that he was no longer on solid ground, and stop to look up and wave sadly at the audience before he plummeted 1000 feet.
Old 08-15-2000, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Corbin Dallas:
He was HUNGRY!! I don't know why he didn't just take the money he spent on ACME rockets and go buy a burger though. I'm sure if they can deliver all those explosives and other contraptions to the middle of the desert, they could deliver a pizza!

Old 08-16-2000, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I still watched GI Joe all the way through high school, before i left in the morning, that and Mighty Max! I really dug on Sesame Street when I was little, and Mr. Rogers, but the coolest had to be...Picture Pages! Bill Cosby was soooo cool. I think it might have been on during Fat Albert, for like 5-10 min, can't really remember. I do know I had the Picture Pages Coloring book, and that cool as hell pen!

I also watched Voltron, He-Man, Thundercats, Transformers, MASK, and about a million other cartoons!

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 08-16-2000, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
hey, hey, hey
it's fat albert time
-Fat Albert

Transformer, more then meets the eye
-Transformer

Small Wonder (the lady robot), Silver Spoon, the Jefferson, etc...

------------------
I have sold my soul to the evil corporate world. I'm quite happy about it.
-Anynomous
Old 08-16-2000, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Since I've never been a cartoon fanatic, can someone please explain to me just WHY Wile E. Coyote was always chasing the Road Runner? I mean, I am aware that the chase was always in vain because the Road Runner was too fast but did Wile E. ever think to just stop running after him? Did it become an obsession or what? Was Road Runner constantly doing things to provoke the chase? I don't understand.
Old 08-16-2000, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Studio 33 (aka The Bob Barker Studio), CBS Television City
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by SoloRHO:
Oh so many choices.
I really miss "What's happening" with Rog and Rerun and Dee (Hey Hey Hey!!!)!
I miss that show "Small Wonder" with the robotic daughter Vicki and that bratty next door neighbor Harriet. I also miss the "Wonder Years" (Didn't it kill you every time Kevin and Winnie broke up)
I miss "The Facts of Life" (Sisterhood at it's best)
I miss "The Incredible Hulk" and the A-Team
I miss "Different World" the most though.
But most of all I miss the cartoons I used to come home from school to:
Gummi Bears
Duck Tales
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
BeetleJuice
Alvin and the CHIPMUNKS (Alvin Simon Theadore!)
Thats all for now...
Dang, gurll, don't you have cable TV? Half the shows you mentioned are currently rerun on one cable show or another.

Incredible Hulk is on the Sci-Fi Channel
The A-Team and I think the Wonder Years is on Nick-at-Nite and/or TV Land.
The Facts of Life used to be on the USA Network about a year or two ago. I think it will also air on TV Land or Nick at Nite this fall.
Alvin & The Chipmunks is on the Cartoon Network in the mornings.
Different World is on UPN 43 if you live in the Cleveland area or has a cable system that gets that station.
For all you Cosby Show/Different World lovers, here in Columbus we get both shows locally on Channel 19 (a non-cable low power station).

SoloRho, you needs to get that satellite dish hooked up, you missin' all the good stuff. *big @$$ grin*

Da Rain Man

Old 08-16-2000, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Mocha:
Since I've never been a cartoon fanatic, can someone please explain to me just WHY Wile E. Coyote was always chasing the Road Runner? I mean, I am aware that the chase was always in vain because the Road Runner was too fast but did Wile E. ever think to just stop running after him? Did it become an obsession or what? Was Road Runner constantly doing things to provoke the chase? I don't understand.
He was HUNGRY!! I don't know why he didn't just take the money he spent on ACME rockets and go buy a burger though. I'm sure if they can deliver all those explosives and other contraptions to the middle of the desert, they could deliver a pizza!

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 08-16-2000, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Who's the Boss was one of my favorite shows. I watched it all the time. Also, Step By Step (w/Suzanne Somers), Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, Gilligan's Island, Melrose Place. And, I really liked Blossom.

When I think of more, I'll list them.
Old 08-16-2000, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Corbin Dallas:

Dallas, you are too much!!
Old 08-16-2000, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Why was Shaggy, a grown man, eating dog food??? Those Scooby snacks were not for him!!!
Old 08-16-2000, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Rain Man:
Dang, gurll, don't you have cable TV? Half the shows you mentioned are currently rerun on one cable show or another.

Incredible Hulk is on the Sci-Fi Channel
The A-Team and I think the Wonder Years is on Nick-at-Nite and/or TV Land.
The Facts of Life used to be on the USA Network about a year or two ago. I think it will also air on TV Land or Nick at Nite this fall.
Alvin & The Chipmunks is on the Cartoon Network in the mornings.
Different World is on UPN 43 if you live in the Cleveland area or has a cable system that gets that station.
For all you Cosby Show/Different World lovers, here in Columbus we get both shows locally on Channel 19 (a non-cable low power station).

SoloRho, you needs to get that satellite dish hooked up, you missin' all the good stuff. *big @$$ grin*

Da Rain Man

LOL
Yeah RainMan, I know. Unfortunately not only don't I have REAL cable (I got the "hook up". You get whatever channels decide not to be scrambled that day!) I don't have much time for TV either. But now that I know, maybe I'll go on a hunt for those shows.
Old 08-17-2000, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I was all about Mr. Wizzard's World on Nickeloden. I wanted to be one of those kids who helped him with the experiments SO bad.

Race for your life Charlie Brown

Anyone remember the NBC series "V" with those lizzard people who ate humans? That satill freaks me out. What about Misfits of Science?

Jumping to 1992...
So who did kill that girl in the Hazzard song? (Richard Marx)
Old 08-17-2000, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sexy Mocha:
Why was Shaggy, a grown man, eating dog food??? Those Scooby snacks were not for him!!!
SINCE you mentioned Scooby Doo, could someone please explain HOW in the heck Shaggy stayed so skinny if he ate everything in sight? I have my theory, but I want to hear others......

Old 08-17-2000, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lifesaver:

Anyone remember the NBC series "V" with those lizzard people who ate humans?
How could we forget the lizard people ?!?
Remember how they used to drink spoiled milk?