GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,437
2 members and 1,435 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 12-17-2010, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got my final grade for that really hard physics class--aced it!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmaceli View Post
If I can keep it up one more semester, I will graduate with a 4.0 from my Master of Arts Program in Higher Ed. I can't believe I took Higher Ed Law, Research & Stats, an Independent Study AND T.A.-ed a class in the same semester!

But 2 days ago I had a scary moment where it said I had an F in my independent study on my records. After some crying, screaming and wailing, I contacted my professor and demanded feedback from him on my work. Turns out I hadn't registered for his section, and another professor was under the assumption that I was Grand Idiot Slacker Supreme who never showed up to his course. This kindly gentleman was kind enough to work with my professor to change my grade in his system based on my work in the course. Moral of the story - check your registration before mid-winter.
Glad to see someone else on here in my program I'm taking higher ed law this coming quarter and sooo not looking forward to it. Glad your section miscommunication worked out!!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

YAAAYYY! Let's hear it for my 2 college sons, who pulled a 3.4 and a 3.46, as well as their cousin who's a varsity athlete but still got 5 A's and a B!!!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to your sons! 2 A's and 2 B's for me. Graduation from nursing school in April!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations to you on that!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I haven't gotten ALL my grades back yet, but even worst-case scenario I just pulled an A-/B+ GPA despite taking two more classes than most people at my school usually do and starting my thesis. And more importantly... I PASSED ORGANIC CHEMISTRY!

Update: 3.62! Would've been darn close to a 4 if it weren't for organic chem, but I'm thanking my lucky stars that I passed that one!

Last edited by FleurGirl; 12-22-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

SOOOO close to a 3.5!

Highest GPA thus far!

(you don't know how hard it is to break a 3.0 at my school)

SOOOO EXCITED!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

3.7 this semester!
Still proud of myself even though it really is not one of my best semesters academically, I was SO busy. Meetings and practices every single night + work during the day when I didn't have class (hope involvement on campus is counted when I'm looking for a job!)
Old 12-23-2010, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

3 B's for final grades!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
Quote:
Originally Posted by axoalum View Post
Congrats to your sons! 2 A's and 2 B's for me. Graduation from nursing school in April!!!
Ooooh CONGRATS! I cannot WAIT to graduate from nursing school. Next December for me God willing! In my nursing program, the first year you take one class at a time, but the first, Fundamentals, is 6 credits, and Med/Surg 1 is 7 credits. Next semester I do Med/Surg 2 and Psych, next summer Peds, and then next Fall Critical Care, Acute Care Practicum, and a trends course.
I got an A in Med/Surg 1 this semester, and so far, I keep my 4.0 nursing school GPA WOOOOO!
Loved by a Zeta Psi
Old 12-23-2010, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaGirl22 View Post
Ooooh CONGRATS! I cannot WAIT to graduate from nursing school. Next December for me God willing! In my nursing program, the first year you take one class at a time, but the first, Fundamentals, is 6 credits, and Med/Surg 1 is 7 credits. Next semester I do Med/Surg 2 and Psych, next summer Peds, and then next Fall Critical Care, Acute Care Practicum, and a trends course.
I got an A in Med/Surg 1 this semester, and so far, I keep my 4.0 nursing school GPA WOOOOO!
Wow! 4.0-congrats to you!!! I am in an ASN program so my classes are more condensed. I will follow up with an RN to BSN program (which I can mostly do online) that my school offers. It will only take 3 semesters which suits me fine. I graduated from college a Loooong time ago but was still able to use some of the coursework towards my new degree. Yay!

PEDS is pretty hard, I thought. Mostly because almost everything is different for the various age levels (B/P, HR etc) OB was my favorite and the easiest so far. I have Med/Surg and Psych this semester. My Med/Surg clinical will be on a cardiac floor (last year was oncology). My Psych rotation will be at a detox center in the mountains. Maybe I will see some of those Ga meth addicts I keep hearing on the commercials. I look forward to hearing how you are doing!
Old 12-24-2010, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZetaGirl22
Quote:
Originally Posted by axoalum View Post
Wow! 4.0-congrats to you!!! I am in an ASN program so my classes are more condensed. I will follow up with an RN to BSN program (which I can mostly do online) that my school offers. It will only take 3 semesters which suits me fine. I graduated from college a Loooong time ago but was still able to use some of the coursework towards my new degree. Yay!

PEDS is pretty hard, I thought. Mostly because almost everything is different for the various age levels (B/P, HR etc) OB was my favorite and the easiest so far. I have Med/Surg and Psych this semester. My Med/Surg clinical will be on a cardiac floor (last year was oncology). My Psych rotation will be at a detox center in the mountains. Maybe I will see some of those Ga meth addicts I keep hearing on the commercials. I look forward to hearing how you are doing!
Thanks, I am in an associates program too at my local CC. I eventually DO want to be a NP, and my state university offers a RN to MSN program, so I'm leaning pretty heavily on doing that right now. My psych is going to be in the psych unit of our local hospital. We will have 2 days at a community mental health agency also. Then for med/surg the unit I am on is really just general med/surg with some renal thrown in for good measure. I have heard peds IS tough and we are doing it in 8 weeks! I found the OB subject material (we did that last summer) to be pretty easy but the tests were RIDICULOUSLY hard. I have heard that this semester coming up is the worst one out of the 4, so yeah. We'll see. And good luck to you with the meth addicts LOL!
Loved by a Zeta Psi
Old 12-24-2010, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

It's my first semester at my new school, and on top of pledging, working, commuting, and being a student athlete, I got a 4.0! I'm SO excited! Woohoo!
Old 12-27-2010, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

3.7 this semester.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Developing the Strategic Leader: A
Grant and Report Writing: A
Managing Organizational Culture: A
Intercultural Communications: A

I have to wait until tomorrow for confirmation, but as it currently stands, I am graduating with a 4.0 GPA for the first time in my entire life.

On April 30, I will walk across a stage and receive a diploma which bears the words Master of Science in Nonprofit Management! Excuse me while I shed a tear of joy.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.