GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,290
3 members and 2,287 guests
asamuelchvso931, oncegreek

Old 08-18-2010, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

DG Expansion

It's official: Delta Gamma will return to the University of Alabama in Fall 2011!
http://www.deltagamma.org/content.as...=News/bama.xml and http://www.cw.ua.edu/2010/08/17/ua-h...ush-in-nation/

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Congratulations!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Yea, y'all!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Good news. Delta Gamma should be at Bama!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm interested to hear how it goes, but I think it's going to go very well. Best of luck!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

We are grinning ear to ear!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

This is exciting news! My daughter plans on going through rush next year at Bama. How does a sorority colonize on a campus?
Old 08-18-2010, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I have no details about this particular situation, but here's how it usually goes:
At the beginning of formal recruitment, the new sorority makes a presentation of some sort to all the PNMs. Then formal recruitment takes place, without the new group participating.
A few weeks after formal recruitment ends, the new sorority announces that it will be colonizing and advertises for PNMs to sign up for interviews. A big meeting takes place, with girls signing up for interview times.
Then a committee of some sort, usually involving both international, regional and local sorority officers, interviews each girl.
Invitations are issued for a recruitment-like round, with a neighboring chapter's members doing the rushing.
Then invitations are issued for a preferential party, with a different neighboring chapter conducting the party and pref ceremonies.
Then bids are issued.
The process takes about a week or two. That's just a rough idea of how it goes.
Recommendations are highly suggested, and can be sent to the sorority's international headquarters.

Last edited by AnchorAlumna; 10-20-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Thumbs up

Just throwing my congrats in to our beloved DG! I was part of the Eta Kappa colonization at North Carolina State University and can not say enough what an awesome experience it was being a charter member! There are going to be some LUCKY girls at 'Bama next year!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

News travels fast! High school seniors in my area are already buzzing about the new chapter at Bama... I was asked about it today!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Pictures from Homecoming weekend were posted on Facebook:

Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy LOST Duke President's BADGE - PLEASE HELP

Just got word from our Duke DG president that her president's badge has been lost. It fell off somewhere between her apt. in Durham and Elon College where Duke was presenting to expand. She is beside herself. This is the original Duke president's badge from June 1, 1939. It is larger and flatter than the standard member badge. I am heartsick about this too, especially having worn this badge 23 years ago.

I told her I would post on GC about it, but I cannot figure out how to start a new thread with this... if someone can help me and post this as a new thread? I have recommended she post on Durham and the Elon area craigslist and also contact Elon and the student paper there as well as the Duke paper.

Does anyone know if there is an Elon thread on GC? Any help would be so appreciated!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilDG View Post
Just got word from our Duke DG president that her president's badge has been lost. It fell off somewhere between her apt. in Durham and Elon College where Duke was presenting to expand. She is beside herself. This is the original Duke president's badge from June 1, 1939. It is larger and flatter than the standard member badge. I am heartsick about this too, especially having worn this badge 23 years ago.
Oh, I'm certain she's devastated. I lost our presidents' badge the year I was president, probably at a filling station where I stopped for fuel. It took me a few years to have money to replace it, but I was able to do so, finally. To this day, I can't imagine the replacement is quite the same.

I'll keep her in my thoughts and hope she locates it. Meantime, we should all be watching flea markets and the like, in case someone picked it up and tries to sell it. And e-bay, in case it goes national.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilDG View Post

I told her I would post on GC about it, but I cannot figure out how to start a new thread with this... if someone can help me and post this as a new thread? I have recommended she post on Durham and the Elon area craigslist and also contact Elon and the student paper there as well as the Duke paper.

Does anyone know if there is an Elon thread on GC? Any help would be so appreciated!
Sorry for the crash. I'm an Elon alum. Has she contacted the Greek Life Director Shana Plasters at Elon? I'm sure they would help out. You can find Shana's email and phone number here: http://www.elon.edu/e-web/students/g.../contact.xhtml

(and btw - I'm hoping that Delta Gamma is chosen to colonize!)