GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,214
1 members and 1,213 guests
No Members online

Old 07-26-2018, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Switching Sororities

I am apart of a NPC sorority, initiated in March. I am unhappy at the school and I am looking to transfer. I would love to stay in the same sorority but I didn't want to be restricted in choosing a school because of it. are there any loopholes so I can join another sorority if I choose to when I do transfer? I really need to escape but I love being in a sorority.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiagirl1 View Post
I am apart of a NPC sorority, initiated in March. I am unhappy at the school and I am looking to transfer. I would love to stay in the same sorority but I didn't want to be restricted in choosing a school because of it. are there any loopholes so I can join another sorority if I choose to when I do transfer? I really need to escape but I love being in a sorority.
QFP

You are "A PART" of a sorority. No, there are no loopholes. Why would there be any?
Old 07-26-2018, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote:
I am a ---- of an NPC sorority, initiated member in March. I am unhappy at the school and I am looking to transfer. I would love to stay in the same sorority but I didn't want to be restricted in choosing a school because of it. are there any loopholes so I can join another sorority if I choose to when I do transfer? I really need to escape but I love being in a sorority.
From the "Green Book", the NPC Manual of Information, 23rd Edition 2018
https://npcwomen.dynamic.omegafi.com...ation-2018.pdf
Page 106

All styles:
• Unanimous Agreements:
• A woman who is or who has ever been an initiated member of an existing NPC sorority shall
not be eligible for membership in another NPC sorority.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

When you join a sorority and become an initiated member, it is for life. Period. No loopholes, as pointed out above. I would encourage you to find a school with a chapter of your sorority to continue your collegiate experience.

This question has come up several times on here this year and I wish new members would realize the commitment that comes with being fortunate enough to be a member of a sorority; joining a sorority isn't something where you can get a "divorce" and join another one.

Sigh.

Last edited by NYCMS; 07-26-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Did you listen to any of the words you said during initiation? You made a lifelong pledge, regardless of where you complete your college degree.

There are NO loopholes in NPC. If you attempt to go through recruitment again at another school, you will be caught- and if it’s an Honor Code school, possibly expelled for lying / falsifying records.

When you transfer, your choices are:
1. Explore affiliation with your sorority at your new school. It’s not a given that you’ll be accepted into the new school’s chapter, though I think most chapters do want try to honor their initiates sisters.

2. Take early alumna status if the school does not have your sorority or you do not affiliate.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m sorry you’re unhappy at your current school, but you will need to find a school with a chapter of your organization and go through their affiliation process if you want to continue Greek life at another school. No exceptions for initiated NPC members.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:40 PM

The only loophole would be if you joined a local sorority or a service or professional sorority, you cannot join another NPC.