GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,118
0 members and 2,118 guests
No Members online

Old 06-01-2014, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Whoa, what happened?

Dear totaldivaness, if you're still reading, I never said you have no right to be here, though I'm sure that if you're a Delta, Dr. Phil and others would like you to introduce yourself. I was, as I said, only commenting on appearances. If you're for real, you need to establish some credibility before you start throwing out investment opportunities. Otherwise, you appear to be a spammer.

Last edited by MysticCat; 06-01-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Whoa, what happened?
Did I miss a post?

Quote:
Dear totaldivaness, if you're still reading, I never said you have no right to be here, though I'm sure that if you're a Delta, Dr. Phil and others would like you to introduce yourself. I was, as I said, only commenting on appearances. If you're for real, you need to establish some credibility before you start throwing out investment opportunities. Otherwise, you appear to be a spammer.
Claiming to be a Delta doesn't make a username trustworthy for investments.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Did I miss a post?
She had a long post that started by telling about how she's an alumnus of Delta and therefore has a right to be here, and that she didn't just register to offer investment opportunities. Then I accidentally hit the back button, and when I came back all of her posts had finished. No clue what else she said.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 PM
Banned

Moderator power? LOL.

Should we delete our posts in response to this alumnus?

Back to AlphaFrog's entrepreneur thread.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson365 View Post
Wow, I'm new also and have been reading this thread. You guys are really hard on new people. How do you know that young lady wasn't legit and just trying to offer a real situation. If you don't try to find out who people are, you yourselves could be missing out on real opportunities. Just because we're new doesn't mean we don't have something to offer. Just food for thought...
This isn't a forum for spam.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson365 View Post
Wow, I'm new also and have been reading this thread. You guys are really hard on new people. How do you know that young lady wasn't legit and just trying to offer a real situation. If you don't try to find out who people are, you yourselves could be missing out on real opportunities. Just because we're new doesn't mean we don't have something to offer. Just food for thought...
Here's food for thought to you: A June 2014 username defending another June 2014 username is too convenient. Find other threads that spark your interest and then I will believe you are not totaldivaness or a buddy.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Here's food for thought to you: A June 2014 username defending another June 2014 username is too convenient. Find other threads that spark your interest and then I will believe you are not totaldivaness or a buddy.
I don’t care about being banned! You can’t keep a good diva down! I’m going to say this and I will be done because unlike Dr. Phil, I DO HAVE A LIFE! First, I’d like to say to `Dr. Phil’, I really don’t give a flying freak what YOU believe or don’t believe! Who died and made you purveyor over what anyone says or does on this forum especially when they WERE NOT TALKING TO YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! You really need to GET A LIFE!!! As I posted before I was rudely taken down, I am a Delta and I don’t have to `claim’ to be one. I earned my 9 pearls, trust me! I am a professional in the entertainment industry and was offering a legitimate opportunity to the young lady to consider. I do apologize to the moderator if I broke some kind of rule. I’m new to the forum and don’t know all the rules yet. I was actually giving her a legitimate option to consider (SINCE SHE WAS ASKING FOR OPTIONS) in the business I’m in which is the only business I can speak about. I did NOT come on the forum looking for investment opportunities and had no idea I’d run across this post. As a matter of fact, it was the last thing on my mind since this is a college forum. I was on here because my daughter just pledged and asked me to join also to give REAL WORLD advice to those interested in entertainment. There are much better places to go after investments on the web! So, regardless of all the names I’ve been called, scammer, schemer, and whatever else, that is NOT the case! I’m sorry you don’t appreciate professional alumni on this forum with REAL WORLD situations and opportunites. Because of all this negativity, trust me, I won’t be back!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTheOne View Post
I don’t care about being banned! You can’t keep a good diva down! I’m going to say this and I will be done because unlike Dr. Phil, I DO HAVE A LIFE! First, I’d like to say to `Dr. Phil’, I really don’t give a flying freak what YOU believe or don’t believe! Who died and made you purveyor over what anyone says or does on this forum especially when they WERE NOT TALKING TO YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! You really need to GET A LIFE!!! As I posted before I was rudely taken down, I am a Delta and I don’t have to `claim’ to be one. I earned my 9 pearls, trust me! I am a professional in the entertainment industry and was offering a legitimate opportunity to the young lady to consider. I do apologize to the moderator if I broke some kind of rule. I’m new to the forum and don’t know all the rules yet. I was actually giving her a legitimate option to consider (SINCE SHE WAS ASKING FOR OPTIONS) in the business I’m in which is the only business I can speak about. I did NOT come on the forum looking for investment opportunities and had no idea I’d run across this post. As a matter of fact, it was the last thing on my mind since this is a college forum. I was on here because my daughter just pledged and asked me to join also to give REAL WORLD advice to those interested in entertainment. There are much better places to go after investments on the web! So, regardless of all the names I’ve been called, scammer, schemer, and whatever else, that is NOT the case! I’m sorry you don’t appreciate professional alumni on this forum with REAL WORLD situations and opportunites. Because of all this negativity, trust me, I won’t be back!
Says the one who has now come back twice after being banned.

Meanwhile, almost everyone who has posted in the thread is an alumna or alumnus with professional experience of oone kind or another. You're missing the point that (1) there's nothing professional about offering business or investment opportunities when you haven't even introduced yourself, much less established any credibility; (2) this is not a site for doing business; and (3) that's why you were banned.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
this is not a site for doing business
^^^ Violating this rule is forbidden.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Divaness, if you read the OP's post, the OP is not looking for investment options. She is looking for something enjoyable for her to do (in lieu of a desk job). Your "opportunity" doesn't meet AF's principal objective -- unless, I suppose, she gets to star in the revue.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:01 PM
Banned

Most importantly, let the world be warned about entertainment options with that email address.

Last edited by DrPhil; 06-01-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, AF, this has certainly been a hive of activity!
Old 10-15-2014, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

For all three of you that were wondering what happened with this, I am in the business plan/exploratory phase of creating a dinner theatre restaurant. We're moving verrrrrry slowly to make sure this is the right decision. We're also waiting on the right space. So far, the one that's basically already built to suit is in a terrible location (easy to see, but hard to get to). There are some other great locations, but the cost of upfitting is overwhelming. So, we're waiting and praying for the RIGHT location. This would be my business, my investment, my ship to sail.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
For all three of you that were wondering what happened with this, I am in the business plan/exploratory phase of creating a dinner theatre restaurant. We're moving verrrrrry slowly to make sure this is the right decision. We're also waiting on the right space. So far, the one that's basically already built to suit is in a terrible location (easy to see, but hard to get to). There are some other great locations, but the cost of upfitting is overwhelming. So, we're waiting and praying for the RIGHT location. This would be my business, my investment, my ship to sail.
Very cool!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm glad you posted! I was actually thinking about you and this thread the other day, wondering what you were up to. Excited for you and glad you are taking the process slowly and thoughtfully.