GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,392
1 members and 2,391 guests
aidanshulzeo560

Old 12-29-2011, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest00alum View Post
I think Sig Ep recently added sexual orientation to its non-discrimination policy. Trust me if that was in place when I was an undergrad, it would have been a major, major factor in my decision of where to rush. I wasn't sure I was gay when I started college, but I sort of knew.
Tangent: That's been in place for quite a long time now. Reason #61 why I joined.

Anyway, did you think about the fact that this could be an educational experience for the undergraduate chapter? I think of that every time I go visit another chapter.

Obviously you were of caliber to be apart of the organization, so show them what it means to respect other people, no matter their background, and also show how your unique experience (being gay in a GLO at a large university) shaped who you are today and also helped shape the fraternity.

Just saying, though, if I came to a SigEp chapter as an alum and I wasn't welcomed b/c of who I am, some serious hell would be raised.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )