GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,520
1 members and 2,519 guests
Mooch279

Old 04-21-2015, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I understand that you possibly felt trapped, embarrassed, panicked, or some other feeling that caused you to literally bolt from the room and leave without speaking to anyone; however, there were other options that you, in your moment of feeling overwhelmed, failed to consider. I get that there was "nothing you could think of at the time"; but, being an adult means being a grown-up and not getting tunnel vision.

Specifically, a more appropriate action would have been to say something quietly to a brother during the bathroom break and then graciously exit. No....no excuses about "they would have tried to talk me out of it". Sometimes in life we have to muster up the personal fortitude to say, "I'm sorry, this isn't for me and I am not prepared to reconsider my decision. Thank you for giving me the opportunity." Also, if you were that nervous about a personal confrontation, you could have at least written an e-mail to the brothers before showing up for initiation. What you don't do is show up and then bolt during the bathroom break. Sciencewoman was absolutely right when she said, "I think this is a life lesson in: avoidance is not an effective way to handle a challenging situation."
I absolutely agree. This is life lesson that I will never forget.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-21-2015, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

For old time's sake:

DITY?
Old 04-22-2015, 01:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Maybe it's just me, but how many guys do I know that would reference The Devil Wears Prada? Ummmm, none. Just saying.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Think about this way.....if the fraternity had dropped HIM a few hours before Initiation, during the bathroom break, he (and everyone else) would most likely think that was wrong. So why would doing that to them be the only thing he could think of?