GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Theta > Theta Nu Xi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,440
1 members and 2,439 guests
Titchou

Old 06-01-2004, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledged: The new book on sorority life

Hi Ladies

I was wondering how you ladies feel about books like the new one pledged? I was wondering how you ladies would feel if Theta Nu Xi was included (I know it was about white sororities)I would be upset because I think that rituals, processes, line names...are things only sorors should know and that is what sets you apart from non greeks. I know I wouldnt want to pledge an organization if I already knew that info. Just want to know how you feel please post your input!!!

Thank You and

"KEEP FLUTTERING"
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-01-2004, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
I would be angry, just as any member of a GLO would be. However, the accuracy of the information in these books is so questionable that I don't believe it really matters. I have not yet read Pledged, but from what I've heard, the ritual stuff is off but some of the situations are semi-truthful. If someone wanted to follow me around and talk about my life, that's cool with me. But, that person needs to understand that I do what I do for myself and my organization cannot be held responsible for my own personal actions.

BTW, the true meaning behind line names would really not be any fun to someone outside the organization since they are so personal to us. I mean, if my line name were Leaf and I told you it was because I was a nature lover, it wouldn't seem like a big deal. But, to the people who know the background of the meaning, it would be very significant.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.