GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Theta > Theta Nu Xi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 717
0 members and 717 guests
No Members online

Old 11-02-2003, 06:53 AM
GreekChat Member

mutlicultural movies?

hey everyone,
just thought i would ask for suggestions for some good multicultural movies out there?

i recently watched "whale rider" and "real women have curves"...both have very positive messages and images for young women and girls. which i think is always a good thing.

any suggestions/reccommendations?

ONE love,
jamie
Old 11-04-2003, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
Bend it like bekham!

The best Multi fim I've seen in a long time..

Real women Have curves is a very nice movie too..
Old 11-05-2003, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Atara_Annika4
U know what movie i like?? "Guess who's coming to dinner"

I'm not really too sure about the message but i think it's a great movie and it's got lots of comic relief. And it shows how hard the interracial thing can be, but also how it can be overcome!!
Old 03-28-2004, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhirlwindTNX
Here are some multicultural movies for my sorors, or anyone else looking to open their minds!!

Amistad
A group of Mende tribe members mutiny aboard an 1839 slave ship in this portrayal of the brutal slave trade business.

Flower Drum Song
A musical about the clash between culture and race as a young Chinese woman arrives in America for an arranged marriage only to fall in love with the son of her host who stands between Chinese and American culture.

Born in East L. A.
An American of Mexican descent is deported in an immigration raid and must find his way back home with no I.D. or knowledge of Spanish.

Mississippi Masala
The daughter of Indian parents expelled from Uganda grows up and falls in love with a Black carpet cleaner and finds herself caught between cultures.

West Side Story
Rival street gangs battle for territory in this modern-day adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.

The Wedding Banquet
A gay Taiwanese-American man in a happy long-term relationship marries a Chinese girl in need of a green card in order to satisfy his parents. The joyous parents arrive for the wedding and a huge cross-cultural banquet is arranged to celebrate.

Glory
Based on the letters of Col. Robert G. Shaw, an officer in the Federal Army during the American Civil War who volunteered to lead the first company of black soldiers and deal with the prejudices of both the enemy and of his own fellow officers.

Smoke Signals
Nearly every nuance of Native American reservation life is explored in this movie about two young men who hit the road in search of their roots.

Matewan
Black and Italian coal miners brought in by company owners to break the strike of the coal miners are then forced to choose between the owners and their fellow miners in 1920 West Virginia.

Last edited by WhirlwindTNX; 03-29-2004 at 12:24 PM.