GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,662
1 members and 1,661 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-23-2016, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Convention 2016

Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if there any ladies here who plan on attending convention/have attended convention in the past who can give me thoughts on what the experience is like and whether the financial cost associated with attendance is worth it for someone who would be coming from Iowa. I have limited financial resources due to my service as an AmeriCorps VISTA but I would really like to attend convention this year since it is the first one I can attend with it being held just over a year after my initiation as an alumnae initiate. I know that it would be very special and a great opportunity but I wanted to know how others felt during their first time. For the record, I also serve as the Operations Adviser for the collegiate chapter where I was initiated since it was my undergraduate institution which may make some of the sessions more rewarding for my own professional growth and development. Any feedback on convention would be great, thank you.

Loyally, Chelsea
Old 04-03-2016, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohawkAlumna08 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I was just wondering if there any ladies here who plan on attending convention/have attended convention in the past who can give me thoughts on what the experience is like and whether the financial cost associated with attendance is worth it for someone who would be coming from Iowa. I have limited financial resources due to my service as an AmeriCorps VISTA but I would really like to attend convention this year since it is the first one I can attend with it being held just over a year after my initiation as an alumnae initiate. I know that it would be very special and a great opportunity but I wanted to know how others felt during their first time. For the record, I also serve as the Operations Adviser for the collegiate chapter where I was initiated since it was my undergraduate institution which may make some of the sessions more rewarding for my own professional growth and development. Any feedback on convention would be great, thank you.

Loyally, Chelsea
I'm your chapter's Director of Chapter Development and did your advisor training webinar (pretty sure you came to it). I have been many times and it's an incredible experience. Can you bunk with the other women who are going from the chapter? Can you get a fairly cheap flight? If so, then it could be worth it. There is a payment plan this year to help too!

While it is a pretty incredible experience, you really have to decide whether the expense is doable for you. Don't put yourself in a difficult position to get there.

Loyally,

Denise
Old 04-03-2016, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I completely concur with AGDee.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

On that note, are there other GreekChatters going?

I know AGDee and I will be there.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello, I just wanted to follow-up and let you know that I will be attending convention this year and I am very excited. I would absolutely love to meet up with anyone who is going to be in attendance. Also, I was indeed on the webinar so thank you Denise for your facilitation.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohawkAlumna08 View Post
Hello, I just wanted to follow-up and let you know that I will be attending convention this year and I am very excited. I would absolutely love to meet up with anyone who is going to be in attendance. Also, I was indeed on the webinar so thank you Denise for your facilitation.
We look forward to seeing you! I also look forward to you standing when Pi chapter is called out during Feast of Roses. That will give you goosebumps.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I will certainly be there! Actually coming in the day before to get a running start!!
Old 04-04-2016, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll be in a few days early (kind of). My dad lives about an hour north so I'll spend the weekend with him and see some other relatives and then head to Orlando early enough to hit up Harry Potter Universal
Old 04-04-2016, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I'll be in a few days early (kind of). My dad lives about an hour north so I'll spend the weekend with him and see some other relatives and then head to Orlando early enough to hit up Harry Potter Universal
We're talking about going in for the weekend prior with as many of the kids who can go, and if we do, we will be at Universal, too! Still trying to figure out if it's doable.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
We're talking about going in for the weekend prior with as many of the kids who can go, and if we do, we will be at Universal, too! Still trying to figure out if it's doable.
My girl kid might come with me and fly out Tuesday night. It depends on whether she can get time off from her summer internship.