GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 801
1 members and 800 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats all!

I matched in OB/GYN at Lehigh Valley in Allentown, PA-my #1!

As far as other greeks that I know:

Tri Delta-Medicine at Yale, Radiology at Maryland, OB/GYN at Cedars Sinai, EM @ USC (Cali)

Pike- EM at USC
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 03-27-2009, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I am hopeful that there will be an update by our people who will be taking on new challenges. I am so in awe and proud of you. Please let us know how things are going for you. Check in often...as much as you can.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

It's graduation week!

Had a class bonfire on Sunday where we all burned our short white coats...

Hooding ceremony is Thursday, with commencement on Friday.

I have to say, that after so many years of school, it's odd that it comes down to this last week in which there's no stress or concern. I don't miss having finals at the end of the semester but it was definitely weird this year (both semesters) to not go through that stress.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-28-2009, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeta View Post
Had a class bonfire on Sunday where we all burned our short white coats...
Crashing your thread to share that when my husband was a resident he had his car stolen. Inside the car was... his lab coat. This was only 3 weeks until his residency was over, so they did not replace it. Therefore, he had to wear his hideous short med-student lab coat instead.

BTW- his residency procedure book that had 3 years worth of sign-offs was in the pocket of that lab coat. He was more concerned about losing that than his car. As you all start your residencies, guard that little book with your life!

Congrats and good luck to you all. It is a long road, but an honorable one.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
Crashing your thread to share that when my husband was a resident he had his car stolen. Inside the car was... his lab coat. This was only 3 weeks until his residency was over, so they did not replace it. Therefore, he had to wear his hideous short med-student lab coat instead.

BTW- his residency procedure book that had 3 years worth of sign-offs was in the pocket of that lab coat. He was more concerned about losing that than his car. As you all start your residencies, guard that little book with your life!

Congrats and good luck to you all. It is a long road, but an honorable one.
Now most programs use computerized records rather than procedure books. My husband had to transfer 3 years worth onto the computer when he was graduating.

Congratulations to all the graduating doctors! Welcome to the hell on earth that is residency!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I matched in Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas/Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock...very, very happy.
Good luck at Ark Children's. That was always a popular program with students at my school...of course, it was close geographically. They have an excellent reputation.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

AMCAS and AACOMAS opened this week for 2010..... I'm about half-way done filling them both out.

Does anyone know how you're supposed to cite AP courses under course work? I called my pre-med advisor for an appointment, but he's booked for the next three weeks... I figured I'd ask you guys!

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

IIRC...and it's been a while, I think there's some sort of "HS/dual credit" option or maybe an "awarded credit"

My best advice for that portion is to get a copy of your official transcript from your university and then enter everything letter for letter from that into AMCAS...That transcript should show something about awarded credit.

- Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-08-2009, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
IIRC...and it's been a while, I think there's some sort of "HS/dual credit" option or maybe an "awarded credit"

My best advice for that portion is to get a copy of your official transcript from your university and then enter everything letter for letter from that into AMCAS...That transcript should show something about awarded credit.
Thanks so much!

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 05-09-2009, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

agree with Kill. Speaking from a nurses prospective...anything you need, we got you... Now as far as you being a complete ass and not following up....... we have no recollection of anything, your on your own....lol

But some docs can be rude for no reason at all where others don't usually have that demeanor unless they're having a bad day.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Tomorrow!!

Commencement is tomorrow! We just finished out "Senior Week" which I think is very funny to have in med school, but that's okay. We had a formal last night (med school prom) which was tons of fun, but I think I overdid it a bit...good thing graduation was not today!

Congratulations to my fellow docs in the Class of 2009! And thanks for the welcome to residency. *sigh* four more years....
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 05-15-2009, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to all the new physicians!!! Hope you all achieve your greatest medical dreams!

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! Good luck in your residency.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
Congrats to all the new physicians!!! Hope you all achieve your greatest medical dreams!
Yeah, ditto.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I am going into the medical field, but am wanting to research genetics. I was told I didn't need to go to medical school, yet that doesn't make sense to me, so now I'm looking up schools anyway. Does anyone know a good way to go about doing this? Is there a database or someway other than google to look up schools?

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot