GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,494
1 members and 1,493 guests
Pinkmagnolia921
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello,
I'm not even 100% sure if I want to go to Alabama though, but if I do perhaps I'll find my own niche.

I'm still really torn between Alabama, Texas Christian and Southern Methodist. I would have liked the other school, but they flat out denied me lol
There are so many things I have to look at while considering college and there are positives and negatives to each school. I was leaning more towards Texas Christian and the rejected school, because they're Christian based and I'm baptist and religion and church are extremely important to me.

I understand rush at any of the schools of my choice happens to be very, very competitive and one must be well-prepared. I'm not naive enough to think that by not going through recruitment at Alabama and choosing to go through at Southern Methodist or Texas Christian, will make recruitment easier, cause that's not true.

I definitely felt more welcomed at Texas Christian and Southern Methodist. I mean, when you go for a college visit, they send you personalized cards saying "Dear Suzi Wuzi, we hope you enjoyed your visit on 00/00/2012 etc." It's amazing! Plus, I really like the tight knit community feeling at Texas Christian and Southern Methodist. Very welcoming communities and schools. Love that about them.

Anyways, I haven't completely ruled out going through recruitment at other schools. I probably won't update publicly where I decide to go, just in case I do decide to go through recruitment, but I'll update afterwards or send PMs to people I've spoken to through PM and let them/y'all know my decision and whether I did go through or not.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Sugarcoated version: I don't think it would be a problem pledging if you already had a connection with the women in the sorority (went to the same highschool, from the same neighborhood, went to the same church, participated in the same volunteer activities). But I went to UAB and things there were all kum-ba-ya.

I don't see it happening if you are a stranger from out of state and just popping in.

I remember Melody Twilley........
"I'm just rushing because I think it would be fun to be a sorority girl."
And you wonder why she got rejected, lol!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

okay, let's all give it a rest for awhile!
Closed Thread