GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,378
2 members and 1,376 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Well, apologies because I can't keep up with all your nicknames (I agree, you officially need your own thread now )

Greekboy: If you're cool w/ his response, then he got away with one. Would it not strain the bonds of creativity to give you a tad more than a "Happy Valentine's Day" on Valentines Day, no less. I mean, if his team won the Super Bowl, I'd suspect he come a little stronger than "hey, we won."

EMU prof: Sorry, not buying the "too busy" excuse. What, is he splitting the atom? setting IMF monetary policy? Ain't nobody that busy. How long does it take to stop out 5 minutes and put something in the e-winds to let you know what he's thinking? Hasn't this been the guy you've been having 2-3 hour phone conversations with? nah, not buying this one.

Landshark: hadn't heard about him, but I stopped at "he's married." Relationship seas can be hard enough to navigate, without dealing with someone trying to captain two ships.
I don't really consider myself to be dating either geekboy or EMU Prof. It's more like "we are communicating" and kind of holding out til life calms down. Therefore, the whole Valentine's Day thing is a slippery slope.

I met geekboy once, for a drink, for an hour, in December. We do email, text, talk on the phone, usually while at work, while he's in class, or while we're driving somewhere (the talking part). He's got a 9 year old who stays with him Sunday-Wednesday. We are both in grad school full time and working full time. We do compare schedules just about every week and haven't found a day that we can go out again, although there is interest in doing so, on both parts.

I haven't met EMU Prof in person yet so I have no idea whether there's any chemistry or physical attraction on either side. He is working on his PhD, working two jobs and has a boy who is a senior in high school who is giving him some problems. He has full custody. The boy hasn't seen or heard from his mother in four years, when she left them. So, the whole Valentine's Day thing is even more of a slippery slope there. We aren't dating.. we're like pen pals right now, sharing our thoughts, providing some moral support, being each other's cheerleaders as we navigate some tough times.

The married guy... I put him in his place all the time and wouldn't even consider meeting him. No worries there. That's just a friendship, nothing more, never would be more. I am very clear about that.

I'm not gonna lie. I couldn't sustain a relationship this term. There is no way. 9 grad credits, full time work.. I'm wiped out. I'm doing homework on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm taking a couple vacation days in the next two weeks to get schoolwork done because I have a cousin staying with me on a weekend. The way things are with EMU Prof and geekboy are fine with me. I don't have time to get my house clean enough to let them pick me up for a date even...lol. Everything around me is going to shit, and that's ok, because I have other priorities right now. Four more weeks to get through...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-16-2012, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I don't really consider myself to be dating either geekboy or EMU Prof. It's more like "we are communicating" and kind of holding out til life calms down. Therefore, the whole Valentine's Day thing is a slippery slope.

I met geekboy once, for a drink, for an hour, in December. We do email, text, talk on the phone, usually while at work, while he's in class, or while we're driving somewhere (the talking part). He's got a 9 year old who stays with him Sunday-Wednesday. We are both in grad school full time and working full time. We do compare schedules just about every week and haven't found a day that we can go out again, although there is interest in doing so, on both parts.

I haven't met EMU Prof in person yet so I have no idea whether there's any chemistry or physical attraction on either side. He is working on his PhD, working two jobs and has a boy who is a senior in high school who is giving him some problems. He has full custody. The boy hasn't seen or heard from his mother in four years, when she left them. So, the whole Valentine's Day thing is even more of a slippery slope there. We aren't dating.. we're like pen pals right now, sharing our thoughts, providing some moral support, being each other's cheerleaders as we navigate some tough times.

The married guy... I put him in his place all the time and wouldn't even consider meeting him. No worries there. That's just a friendship, nothing more, never would be more. I am very clear about that.

I'm not gonna lie. I couldn't sustain a relationship this term. There is no way. 9 grad credits, full time work.. I'm wiped out. I'm doing homework on Friday and Saturday nights. I'm taking a couple vacation days in the next two weeks to get schoolwork done because I have a cousin staying with me on a weekend. The way things are with EMU Prof and geekboy are fine with me. I don't have time to get my house clean enough to let them pick me up for a date even...lol. Everything around me is going to shit, and that's ok, because I have other priorities right now. Four more weeks to get through...
Wow, I got tired just reading this. Forget your own thread; you need your own reality show.

so, I take it, you were "cool" with the Valentine day responses from geekboy and EMU Prof?
~ Luke 19:10
Old 02-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post

I think you have too much going on to date, which in your case is a good thing because you're trying to better yourself. Then you're talking to two dudes who are also trying to better themselves, so I think y'all are too busy for each other. Maybe you should wait until you're done with school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Wow, I got tired just reading this. Forget your own thread; you need your own reality show.
CTFU!!!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Banned

I'm confused. I don't know why Brandi is still active on PoF.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
I'm confused. I don't know why Brandi is still active on PoF.
How would ypu know that if you weren't also active?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
How would ypu know that if you weren't also active?
I know this is fucked up, but I was checking to see if she was. Just some of the things she's been saying over the last couple of days before V-Day that made me go "hmmm".
Old 02-16-2012, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I know this is fucked up, but I was checking to see if she was. Just some of the things she's been saying over the last couple of days before V-Day that made me go "hmmm".
So, kinda like that old adage about not trusting someone who kisses with their eyes open...how do you know she's not doing the same?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
So, kinda like that old adage about not trusting someone who kisses with their eyes open...how do you know she's not doing the same?
Awwww yeah! It's getting all Gift of the Magi up in here...but not really.

Just came in here to say this: Once you have a child with someone, you're dealing with them for the rest of your life.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post

Just came in here to say this: Once you have a child with someone, you're dealing with them for the rest of your life.
I don't think people realize this.

A girl I know got married 2 years ago, they had a daughter, and are now getting divorced (she's my age.)

Every other day, her FB statuses are like "omg I wish I didn't have to share Suzie with Mike. Everytime I drop her off for a vist, I'm so depressed til she comes back. I hate him so much."

Welp, that's what happens when you have kids with someone then get divorced. I mean, would you rather him be a deadbeat who didn't WANT to see her?

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

A girl I know got married 2 years ago, they had a daughter, and are now getting divorced (she's my age.)

Every other day, her FB statuses are like "omg I wish I didn't have to share Suzie with Mike. Everytime I drop her off for a vist, I'm so depressed til she comes back. I hate him so much."

Welp, that's what happens when you have kids with someone then get divorced. I mean, would you rather him be a deadbeat who didn't WANT to see her?
With everything going on in my family lately, my dad has had to talk to his ex-wife--who he divorced 40 years ago!!--more than he has in the past 20 years. Luckily, they have the same goals right now but I imagine he's going to have to have regular contact with her until my niece and nephew are adults.

I guess contact pretty much ceases when the kids are adults but there's always something that has to bring the two of you together. I'm so happy I didn't have kids with any of my exes--definitely don't want to deal with most of them now.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got back this morning -the last 5 days and nights in Toronto Canada have been the most romantic and fun days/nights I could ever imagine. Such a beautiful city. I want to go again. We had SO much fun! Niagara Falls was very romantic, but Toronto Canada...I can't find the words.

Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 02-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
...how do you know she's not doing the same?
I hope that's all it is.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
I take it y'all don't have any kids from a sperm donor. Either that, or the two of you are just plain naive as hell. I know females who don't know where the father is, and can't find him, and pretty much gave up looking for dude. I, myself haven't seen or heard from my pop's since I was 4 or 5 years old. At this point in my life (at almost 30) I really don't give a fuck where he is. Just because you have a kid with some dude or female does not mean you're dealing with them for the rest of your life. Should they be involved? Yeah, they should, but that isn't always the case. I also know a dude who had his name changed so he could avoid paying child support. I don't know how he went about doing that (I didn't ask) but his kid is over 18, and he's never seen him, or talked to him. His reason is because he says the kid isn't his. But that's the line a lot of dudes pull out of their ass to avoid being a father.

Quote:
there's always something that has to bring the two of you together..
Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Just got back this morning -the last 5 days and nights in Toronto Canada have been the most romantic and fun days I could ever imagine. Such a beautiful city. I want to go again. We had SO much fun! Niagara Falls was very romantic, but Toronto Canada...I can't find the words.
I went to Niagara Falls when I younger, but I haven't been since. I've never been to Toronto, but I hear that it's nice as hell. Glad y'all kicked it.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I hope that's all it is.

I take it y'all don't have any kids from a sperm donor. Either that, or the two of you are just plain naive as hell. I know females who don't know where the father is, and can't find him, and pretty much gave up looking for dude. I, myself haven't seen or heard from my pop's since I was 4 or 5 years old. At this point in my life (at almost 30) I really don't give a fuck where he is. Just because you have a kid with some dude or female does not mean you're dealing with them for the rest of your life. Should they be involved? Yeah, they should, but that isn't always the case. I also know a dude who had his name changed so he could avoid paying child support. I don't know how he went about doing that (I didn't ask) but his kid is over 18, and he's never seen him, or talked to him. His reason is because he says the kid isn't his. But that's the line a lot of dudes pull out of their ass to avoid being a father.
I'm sorry your dad isn't around. I'm also sorry that your friend's kid's dads are deadbeats and that you have friends who are deadbeat dads (to the point of name changes to avoid support.) That's unfortunate.

My original point still stands. If you are a dad, you're bound to that kid and interacting with that child's mom for life.

Lakers Nation.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I went to Niagara Falls when I younger, but I haven't been since. I've never been to Toronto, but I hear that it's nice as hell. Glad y'all kicked it.
You'd love Toronto. If you do go, be prepared to get searched. Last year when we went to Niagara Falls, going into Canada wasn't a problem, but coming back into the states was really annoying. Last year, we got turned around (lost) coming back, and accidently went through the New York side. They asked us a bunch of questions like why were we visiting the Falls? etc. We had to wait in some customs building with a bunch of other people while they searched the car. We were in there for like 20 minutes. Then when we turned around and came through Michigan, they did the same thing, just not as long. I guess they have notes or something, because this time, when we got back, they asked us how long we were in Toronto, etc. and then let us go through the check point without telling us to get out so they could search us, and the car. Just an FYI if you decide to go.

But yeah, it's a beautiful city. It kind of reminded me of Chicago.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 02-16-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm so happy I didn't have kids with any of my exes--definitely don't want to deal with most of them now.
I gives youz teh hai five.

Tangent: I missed a morning class Tuesday because I was super nauseous but I made it to the afternoon class. Everyone was concerned (our cohort is very close) and asked me how bad it was, was I okay, etc. Mr. I-Have-No-Tact goes "Oh man...is it morning sickness?" While we all recognized that, on some level, it was a legitimate question, every woman in the room rolled her eyes at him and said "Not cool, D."

I threw a pen at him and said "Quit cussing at me!"

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 02-16-2012 at 06:52 PM.