GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,611
0 members and 1,611 guests
No Members online

Old 04-15-2011, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnall View Post
Seriously. I'm saying nothing negative to the kid at all.

I said situation X = disadvantages Y. This should motivate you to recruit your ass off to reach situation X+whatever. I'm EXTREMELY confident his chapter, and probably he, agrees with that position.

And just in case you're curious:

http://thefraternityadvisor.com/12-r...rnity-to-grow/

http://thefraternityadvisor.com/10-s...9s-rush-sucks/

http://www.ato.org/AlphaTauOmega/dow...cruitment.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
Stop being stupid. Seriously. If you don't get it now, it's because you're deliberately trying to be stupid.

24 of my current caseload of 25 clients would have gotten this by now. Suffice to say the supposed educational and socioeconomic advantages you've had over them leaves you with little to no excuse.

ETA: Just in case you're curious: http://goo.gl/Ledwg

Last edited by Drolefille; 04-15-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Stop being stupid. Seriously. If you don't get it now, it's because you're deliberately trying to be stupid.

24 of my current caseload of 25 clients would have gotten this by now. Suffice to say the supposed educational and socioeconomic advantages you've had over them leaves you with little to no excuse.

ETA: Just in case you're curious: http://goo.gl/Ledwg
Is that an assumption or just a broad generalization?

Did you come out of a small chapter, moderate, or big? Have you run chapters in multiple different campus environments? Have you run a greek system, or been a national officer, or been a paid consultant to fix chapters and greek systems, or spent time with nearly a hundred chapters? There might be a few circumstances here and there maybe where I might sometimes have a clue what the hell I'm talking about.

But, you keep telling everyone they're perfect no matter what size, income, resources, capabilities or anything else. Cause all that really matters is that you're tight with your friends right? Whatever. Have a nice night.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But, you keep telling everyone they're perfect no matter what size, income, resources, capabilities or anything else. Cause all that really matters is that you're tight with your friends right? Whatever. Have a nice night.
People have said brotherhood/sisterhood is the most important part of the Greek experience, but I don't think anyone has said everyone is perfect just the way they are.

Saying that you keep overgeneralizing, saying that you're assuming way more than the OP actually said, and saying that the advice you're giving is not universally applicable or universally relevant is not the same as saying everyone is fine just the way they are, nor is it the same as saying that you never have a clue what you're talking about.

Last edited by MysticCat; 04-16-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:55 PM

Reading is f'ing fundamental.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Unless your national is on your back about your numbers being higher, and if your house/living space is filled and there are no debts, who cares?
"Unless" and "if" are qualifying words. That means, if circumstances other than those delineated in the sentence exist, the conclusion of the sentence will vary.

If he would have said "we have a 50 person house to fill" or "national is threatening to shut us down if we don't get to 70 men" then our responses would have been far different.

BUT HE DIDN'T.

When he does, you can come on here and pimp your little books and all of ATO's obviously superior rush strategies to get a chapter from 5 to 200 until your balls fall off, and no one will contradict you.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucgreek View Post
If you're a 20 man chapter (and every other chapter on campus is 60+) and trying to run a 50k/yr event, you're doing it wrong. If you're on a campus where 50k/yr events are the norm, then of course a smaller chapter won't have the resources. No one disagrees with you there.

BUT if you're not on a campus that does 50k/yr events, 20+ massive social events, it doesn't matter. This is what people are trying to tell you. A 25 member group can do just as well as a 40-50 member group on my campus without being broke. I have seen it happen.

You have to realize everything isn't either/or. There are shades of gray that don't match your experience.
Uhhh is there a campus where 50k events are the norm? On my campus one chapter has an event that notoriously raises about 20k, and we are a MASSIVE greek school. I know from national KD events we have chapters, very few, that raise in the 5-figures if you will, and i know that because they get national awards