GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,028
0 members and 1,028 guests
No Members online

Old 09-05-2009, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Join, wait, or just don't

I'm a sophomore thinking of joining a frat once the winter semester starts. There are three frats at my school Lambda Chi Alpha, Tau Kappa Epsilon, and Alpha Sigma Phi. My problem though is that I might transfer after my second year at my college. So should I wait until my third year then join once I'm at the school I want to go to which has way more frats but starting out as a junior, join a frat now then transfer (I heard when you join a frat and you go somewhere else you can stay at other chapters but I just heard that somewhere a while ago so I have absolutely no idea if that's true or not), or should I just not join a frat now if I hit my junior status? If you say I should join and transfer what frat would you recommend to join?
Old 09-05-2009, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

First off I just want to say most NIC organizations, which all three of those are part of, dislike being referred to by the term frat. Now while it is true that some fraternities will allow you to affiliate with other chapters, it usually isn't automatic, and there is no guarantee that you would be accepted at another chapter, or for that matter even like the people in that fraternity at a different school. If you are sure you are going to transfer, my personal opinion is to wait until you are at the new school. Remember once you join a fraternity, it is for life.