GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,190
1 members and 1,189 guests
No Members online

Old 09-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo_kathy
I say kankles just happen to people. I know plenty of thin girls who have them. I call them "tree trunk legs".

For me, I always said I wouldn't date a bald guy (aboviously he might become bald but I didn't want him to start that way!) or a guy with bad skin.

My husband was thinning when I met him and doesn't have the nicest skin. Oops.

BUT, he never wore deck/boat shoes - a total deal breaker for me!
Oh, I used to say the same thing about bald guys, but a shaved head looks 100% better than trying to hang on to that massively receeding hairline.

When my daughter was born, and they noticed her hair was different from mine, they would ask, "Does she get her hair from her father?" and I would jokingly say, "I don't know...I never saw it".

Which is true...he used to be a fitness model and still is very much into body building and has always shaved his head.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532
In on the excessive body hair bandwagon. NO back hair please, it's disgusting. Not too much chest hair either.
Horrible acne.
Shorter than me.
Scrawny
Hands the same size or smaller than mine (I have tiny hands and my ex had the same size hands despite being a big guy.)
LOL. Why? What's up with the hands?
Old 09-11-2006, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAY10
LOL. Why? What's up with the hands?

Men with smaller hands than me freak me out, it's just so awkward to see a guy who is well proportioned, (ie nice wide shoulders, not skinny, not fat, muscular but not grossly so, and so on) but then has TINY, tiny hands. And I am uncomfortable too when I hold their hands if they're smaller than mine, that makes me feel like a giant ogre or something, yech. Plus it seems like in every relationship I've ever been in there is a point where we'll hold our hands up to one another's (palms touching) to measure them against the other's. If you measure yours against a guy's and yours are bigger (as a girl), well I get embarassed by that (and yes, it has happened) so this could also play into the fear of men with small hands (again, back to the whole feeling like a huge ogre thing).
Old 09-11-2006, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

This reminds me of the Seinfeld date episode where Jerry refuses to date a woman because she has "man hands!"
Old 09-12-2006, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

-Men shorter than me.
-Overly obese
-BAD TEETH.
-Piercings
-A bunch of tattoos
-Facial hair
-BO
-Smokers or guys who chew
-Having poor grammar.

This counts out most of the men in my area.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAB*SpiceySpice View Post
Men with smaller hands than me freak me out, it's just so awkward to see a guy who is well proportioned, (ie nice wide shoulders, not skinny, not fat, muscular but not grossly so, and so on) but then has TINY, tiny hands. And I am uncomfortable too when I hold their hands if they're smaller than mine, that makes me feel like a giant ogre or something, yech. Plus it seems like in every relationship I've ever been in there is a point where we'll hold our hands up to one another's (palms touching) to measure them against the other's. If you measure yours against a guy's and yours are bigger (as a girl), well I get embarassed by that (and yes, it has happened) so this could also play into the fear of men with small hands (again, back to the whole feeling like a huge ogre thing).
Do you have large hands? I know I wouldn't date a woman who had bigger hands than me. There's something wrong with that picture.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
This reminds me of the Seinfeld date episode where Jerry refuses to date a woman because she has "man hands!"
I saw that episode. That was too funny.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention women with a little peach fuzz above the lip. That's an immediate rejection.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKate1244 View Post
-Men shorter than me.
-Overly obese
-BAD TEETH.
-Piercings
-A bunch of tattoos
-Facial hair
-BO
-Smokers or guys who chew
-Having poor grammar.

This counts out most of the men in my area.
What if you married what you thought was the perfect guy, but after about 10 years of marriage and two kids he ended up with a gut and stopped taking care of his teath, and he also started to smell like spoiled lunch meat only on the weekends since he didn't have to go to work. LOL. Would you divorce him? LOL. I'm in tears I can't stop laughing. Be honest.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:39 AM

I could never get near someone with halitosis, let alone date them or "be intimate". It's one thing to have temporary bad breath from eating a caeser salad a half hour ago and then brushing your teeth (but let's face it, you kind of have to "metabolize" the garlic out of your system). It's quite another to have halitosis and essentially have a putrified mouth. GRRRRROSSS!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePie2000 View Post
I could never get near someone with halitosis, let alone date them or "be intimate". It's one thing to have temporary bad breath from eating a caeser salad a half hour ago and then brushing your teeth (but let's face it, you kind of have to "metabolize" the garlic out of your system). It's quite another to have halitosis and essentially have a putrified mouth. GRRRRROSSS!
So you wouldn't date a guy if his breath smelled like 10 pounds of chitlins? LOL.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAY10 View Post
What if you married what you thought was the perfect guy, but after about 10 years of marriage and two kids he ended up with a gut and stopped taking care of his teath, and he also started to smell like spoiled lunch meat only on the weekends since he didn't have to go to work. LOL. Would you divorce him? LOL. I'm in tears I can't stop laughing. Be honest.
This wasn't directed at me, but what the heck ...

If my SO starts to disintegrate and get all nasty, I'm not going to divorce him over it, but hopefully he'll start wondering why he stopped getting any and clean his azz up. Otherwise, I guess I'd have to be more direct about it and try to force him to clean up, because I don't want to even live in the same house as somebody with bad hygiene issues and doesn't take care of himself. Ew. 'Specially if we have kids. (Sets a bad example and all that.)
Old 09-13-2006, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAY10 View Post
What if you married what you thought was the perfect guy, but after about 10 years of marriage and two kids he ended up with a gut and stopped taking care of his teath, and he also started to smell like spoiled lunch meat only on the weekends since he didn't have to go to work. LOL. Would you divorce him?
I would threaten divorce until he cleaned his act up
Old 09-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Banned

Ok, I'm guilty of fake nails.

I hate BO
Bad Teeth
Excessive Body Hair
Beards! ewwwwww!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRen13 View Post
This wasn't directed at me, but what the heck ...

If my SO starts to disintegrate and get all nasty, I'm not going to divorce him over it, but hopefully he'll start wondering why he stopped getting any and clean his azz up. Otherwise, I guess I'd have to be more direct about it and try to force him to clean up, because I don't want to even live in the same house as somebody with bad hygiene issues and doesn't take care of himself. Ew. 'Specially if we have kids. (Sets a bad example and all that.)
So if his breath smelled like 10lbs of chitlins(LOL) all the time, even if he used listerine it still smelled, you would still stay with him? What if you didn't have any kids with him? Then would you let him go?