GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,439
4 members and 1,435 guests
AOIIalum, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-27-2002, 08:20 PM

Arrow Unique Facts About Ourselves...

Do you have any unusual or unique facts to share with your fellow GreekChatters? I'll get the ball rolling...

- It took me three tries to pass my permit test and then three tries to pass my driving road test

- I got an 800 on my math SATs

- I can pick things up with my toes
Old 03-27-2002, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Great idea, Tracy! None of the following are unusual, but I don't think many GCers know this:

-I've taken 5 languages

-I'm a tour guide for my school

-I can no longer play volleyball because the doctor said I have thin veins and it'd be best for me to stop

-I love TV dinners

-I'd love to be a makeup artist, but my parents don't approve

-I've written mini-novels for fun

-My lucky number is 17. At my K-8 school, I was ALWAYS #17 in my class (alphabetical order), year after year, even though we changed classes. My mother was born on the 17th. At my high school, I was assigned to Homeroom 17. For acceptance into my academic-magnet high school, I got a score of 17 (top score was 19 though).

-I'm superstitious. Whenever possible, I try to involve the number 7 or 17. For example, I just got some Bagel Bites to eat. Guess how many I put on my plate? You guessed it...7. Funny, though, because in the Asian culture (I'm Asian-American), 7 is supposed to signal bad luck!

-In true Scorpio fashion, I either do everything to the fullest or don't do it at all. When I decide to do something, I go all-out. Example: I was writing a paper for my easiest class. I knew that what I already had would give me an "A." Yet, I labored over every sentence and was like, "I know I can write this even better!" And this was at 4 AM .

-At my K-8 school, I was always the winner of the spelling bee and of the writing contests. Unfortunately, though, I was always one of the first ones to be kicked out of games like "Around the World" (math game) and "Who Can Do Science?".

-I drink at least 12 glasses of water a day

-When I had to get acupuncture (after a car accident), I actually looked forward to it!

-I won't miss one show of Survivor or Temptation Island, and ever since watching The Bachelor on Monday night, I won't be missing one episode of that!

Last edited by newbie; 03-28-2002 at 03:18 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:14 PM
Unregistered-

Here are some of mine:
  • I can do a shaka with the toes on my right foot.
  • I've been playing the piano since I was 4.
  • I have a total of 8 legal names: Sandy Grace Rosa Maria Kalikolehua Sachie [mom's maiden name] [last name]
  • I carry a set of coasters around in my purse. I can't stand it when people don't use coasters...especially on glass. I know, I'm anal like that.
  • I speak French and Ilocano fluently. I'm semi-fluent in Japanese.
  • I once threw up on a Coast Guard Captain's shoes.
  • As a former cheerleader in high school, I've managed to break, sprain, strain, and twist pretty much everything there is on my body.
  • I like to speed on highways and I've never gotten a ticket...got pulled over...but was let go because the cops recognized my last name. ;D
  • I recently did print ads for the Bodyboarding HQ shop here and they're going to be used in Japan soon.
  • As a kid I "starred" in many local commercials--mainly for the teachers' union, the hotels union, and spots for my step-brother's elections.
  • I won a poi eating contest at school last semester and got $100.
  • I'm a karaoke (and it's pronounced "kah-rah-oh-kay") freak.

Last edited by Unregistered-; 03-28-2002 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Thumbs up

- I speak Spanish
- I can eat french fries with almost anything (pancakes, pasta, you name it)
- My hobbies incluse designing things with powerpoint (ads, fliers, presentations, etc), writing poetry, and watching the Red Wings
- I annoy the crap out of people because I know so many movie lines and have a tendency to recite them often

I probably have more to come later...
Old 03-27-2002, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

hmmm

-my left leg is one inch shorter than my right
-i speak latin
-i LOVE math
-i play about 6 instruments well
-i taught myself to play the piano
-i have insomnia
-i have 8 beautiful little kitty cats
-my left leg only bends half way (it has to do with a birth problem...muscle atrophied...hence why it is an inch too short)--it caused many problems in gym class...

that's it for now!
Old 03-27-2002, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm...guess I'll be the first guy to respond to this.

All my girlfriends names have started with M.

I played baseball in high school against the starting quarterback for Syracuse (R.J. Anderson)

I've interviewed Derek Jeter and most of the famous ESPN guys, like Chris Berman, Dan Patrick, and Keith Olberman.

I've never broken a bone, but have been in two serious car accidents (talk about luck).

I drove a 1987 Buick Century station wagon during high school (I can already hear everyone laughing)

I think that's about it....there's more weird stuff about me, but I won't go into it too much.

Collin
Old 03-27-2002, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome thread!
  • When a friend or family member goes out of town, I still hide a note in their suitcase to tell them I miss them - something I have done since age 6.
  • I sleep with an Aladdin night light.
  • Although I was voted class clown, best personality, and wittiest in high school, I have a touch of social anxiety and have trouble speaking in front of a group of people.
  • I made a perfect score in every category on my ACTs except in Math, which I scored a 14
  • I still know every word to every New Kids on the Block song.
  • Sometimes I come home from work with a bag of gummi worms and a movie and eat them with my dog - think Lady & The Tramp spagetti lol except our lips dont touch.
  • I sometimes have nightmares about wearing mini skirts in inappropriate settings.
  • I have been engaged twice.
  • My friends at work call me "Side Show Sarah" because I do this weird dance to get their attention when walking by their cubicles.
  • I broke up with someone over the sounds they made when they ate.
  • I have written a letter in my journal to my ex boyfriend every day since we have broken up.
  • I dont drink alcohol but I usually drink a 6 pack of diet cokes in a day.
  • I watch 4 daytime soaps, read up on 1 more...and watch every prime time soap and reality show there is or has been.
  • I have a sister who is 6 years older than me...who lives in the city...and who I havent seen in 4 years (not by choice)
  • I did the robot at the last office Christmas party.
Thats it for now

Last edited by volgirl2376; 03-27-2002 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
- I'm a member of one GLO and 5 other fraternities

- I have seen over 40 diffrent degrees of intiation

- My only fear is dying alone

- I won my state archery v round, and bowhunter round at age 16 in freestyle A class and several indoor archery tourneys. Also several centerfire and rimfire local competions.

- I played saxaphone till sports took over.

- The only kind of cat that I can stand to be around is a calico

- I scored perfect on the english portion of my ACT, but you cant tell that by my typing

- Never been single for any amount of significant time till this year

- I didnt see my first ocean till I was 19 years old

- I drove a tractor years before I drove my first car

- Ive had several brushes with death. Pinned in a working pin with a 1300 pound angus bull, rolled 4 wheeler down a mountain, several motorcycle accidents, a car crash that sent me through a windshield, tractor overturning while i was mowing hay on a hillside (I dont remember that one but I'm still here), peppered in the face with shotgun pellets from a 13 year old kid on a dove hunt one time
Old 03-27-2002, 10:03 PM

-I had lots of girlfriends in high school and college, but I've only been married once -- 31 years and still counting.

-When everyone else in High School drove Muscle cars, I drove British sports cars -- still have a Miata -- which, of course is made in Japan.

-As a TV director, I televised a live world-wide pool feed of a mass celebrated by Pope John-Paul II -- I'm a Presbyterian.

-I've directed TV sports events for over thirty years -- I don't particularly like sports -- or at lest am not an avid fan.

-We moved eight times in five cities in the first seven years we were married.

-It took me 25 years to graduate from college -- I dropped out with 14 quarter hours left to take a job as a TV director and finished the degree years later.

-My kids are much more intelligent than I am, but I'm smarter. Life's experiences count a lot.

-I've never broken any bones, but have certainly tried hard.

-I drove my Mom's new car from Columbus, Ohio to Niagra Falls at age 11. Yes, she was with me.

-I'm 1/2 inch shorter and 40 pounds heavier than I was in college.

That's some pretty dumb stuff.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.

Last edited by DeltAlum; 03-27-2002 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:13 PM

Oh yeah, one other thing:

-I was hired to teach a class in TV sports production at the University of Colorado at Boulder before I finished my Bachelors Degree.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:22 PM

Hmmm...let's see:

-I've been playing piano since age 7
-I've taken voice lessons since age 9
-I'm a neat freak
-I have an obsession with stuffed animal pigs
-I lived in Japan for two years
-I was in a Japanese kids TV show (kinda like how Sesame Street is here)
-I will never miss an episode of Sex and the City
-I have never had a cavity
Old 03-27-2002, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmm...

I read between 990-1120 words a minute.
I can balance 13 condiment packages on my nose.
I was the youngest female licenced amateur radio operator in the state of Arkansas.
I used to be the number one disc jockey in my market in Louisiana.
I won the national 4-H vocal competition.
I speak spanish, but not properly (learned it more on the streets)
My ex is a A&F model.

TG
Old 03-27-2002, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
I played highschool basketball with Caron Butler (UConn) and Sharif Chambliss (Penn State).

I ran quite a few races in highschool (track and field) against Michael Bennett (Minnesota Vikings), losing to him everytime of course.

I've broken every finger on either one of my hands due to sports, mainly football.

I've dislocated my left knee twice, and i tore my Achilles Tendon while training before my last highschool track season (due to that injury I lost a scholarship I was offered by the University which I attend now). I can still feel pain now and then, and I doubt I will ever be able to gain a fraction of the speed I once had.

I've been in three life threatening car accidents (none of which I was driving, none of which they were the fault of the person I was with, all three resulted in the vehicle I was in rolling over at least one time). So now I am afraid to ride in vans.

I haven't talked to my real father in who knows how long, and I consider my stepdad to be my "father."

My sister is a mirror image of myself when I was her age, which scares me because i wasn't the "little angel" that everyone thought I was.

My mother was nineteen years old when she gave birth to me.

Just a few random facts about blaine.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Fun thread!

The biggie would be, of course, that Mr. C. and I have 13 kids.

Also:

I have been hit by lightning, bitten by a water moccasin and picked up by the FBI on suspicion of being Patty Hearst.

OTW, I used to do TV commercials in Hawaii too--Primo Beer, Aloha Airlines, and First Hawaiian Bank to name a few!

My gift is spelling, my vice is reading waaay too much.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
-I had never set foot away from the ocean anywhere in the world until the age of 21 when I went to a DPhiE conference in St. Louis - I felt claustraphobic

-Even though I have traveled to many US States, Mexico and throughout Europe, when it comes to Canada I never been outside my own province

-I use many British collaquailisms that even Canadians can't understand

-I love dogs and have only gone 3 years out of 24 without one

-every 3 years since I was 9 I have been to Disneyland

-my name is Gaelic

-I have dual citizenship: Canadian and British

-even though I am accident prone I have yet to brake a bone (knock on wood)

-I write short stories and have placed in a couple of Provincial writing competitions

-I've had writer's block for 6 and half years

-I have a major in US History and a minor in Canadian PoliSci

-I attended my first rubgy party at the age of 3 days old

-my first trip ever was to England at the age of 2 months

-I have been to Hawaii 3 times - all before the age of 2

-I wore a uniform to school from Kindergartern through to grade 12