GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,350
3 members and 1,347 guests
Cookiez17, g41965

Old 05-11-2009, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Lavalier

Anybody know how to go about lavaliering your girlfriend? i dont know shit about it and neither does anyone else apparently, do we have a ceremony or something?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a sweetheart song that's supposed to be sung by other brothers while you lavaliere her, but that's probably considered too lame now. Check it in the chapter books, I'm pretty sure we have instructions.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

W&M Lavaliers

I was so depressed to read your e-mail about lavaliering because when I was in Alpha Eta we had an awesome ceremony which I'm guessing from your note no longer exists.

For giving it to the girl you did whatever you wanted and that wasn't the ceremonial part, but at the next chapter meeting, you arranged with a brother to pull out a shot glass and fill it with a drink of choice. The shot glass was passed around the whole gathering once for brotherhood. It went around a second time and if someone had lavaliered he drank it and that was how everyone learned about it. It it was a pin you drank on the next one, and if it was an engagement you drank on the fourth round.
You gotta restart that.

Good luck.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by W&MSigPiGuy View Post
I was so depressed to read your e-mail about lavaliering because when I was in Alpha Eta we had an awesome ceremony which I'm guessing from your note no longer exists.

For giving it to the girl you did whatever you wanted and that wasn't the ceremonial part, but at the next chapter meeting, you arranged with a brother to pull out a shot glass and fill it with a drink of choice. The shot glass was passed around the whole gathering once for brotherhood. It went around a second time and if someone had lavaliered he drank it and that was how everyone learned about it. It it was a pin you drank on the next one, and if it was an engagement you drank on the fourth round.
You gotta restart that.

Good luck.
def. heard about this before. sororities do the same except with a candle. it should be restarted. i mean aren't brothers supposed to be there for important stuff?! lol
Old 08-26-2009, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Hell, I was lavaliered at his fall semi-formal. He literally stood up on the bar, made some sort of speech, and then jumped down to lavalier me. The rest of the brothers then sang a song while surrounding me. Maybe not the classiest way of doing it, but I sure liked it at the time!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Please bring back the lavalier and the ceremonies that go with it! My sweet greek daughters and niece don't have anything now like we did when I was in school. On a side note, when we got pinned or engaged, the brothers would tie our guy up in his boxers somewhere on campus and then call us to come get him. Not sure that sort of behavior would fly now but it sure brings back fun memories (for me-anyhow!)
Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

lavalier

hey AXO alum, Im a sister now in AXO, and i would really like to know if we have a ceremony or tradition
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone ever heard of a girl being lavaliered (sp?) by a non-greek guy? Someone once told me he gives her a single pearl on a necklace, but that could be wrong.

My bf isn't greek, so I miss out on the possibility of actually being lavaliered. But it'd be so cool if there were other options for non greeks. My house has done lavaliering ceremonies in the past, but I've never seen one. I think it's such a cool tradition, though!

ETA: Oops! Didn't realize this was a Sigma Pi thread. Please excuse my crash!

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Try this thread in the Gamma Phi Beta forum: The Meaning of a Pearl.

And you can also do a search on "pearling."

Last edited by MysticCat; 11-13-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks MysticCat! (And the Sigma Pi members for tolerating my crash )

/crash

Let us strive for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest.
The content of this post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily reflect the views of Kappa Delta Sorority.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

does the girlfriend have to be greek as well?