GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,370
1 members and 2,369 guests
naraht

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2019, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Good threads about COB?

Hey.

I am trying to explain COB to members of a professional fraternity as a means of recruitment for our collegiate chapter(s).

Right now, I am trying to convince them that because they are rooted in certain academic disciplines, their primary recruitment should be through building relationships and having programs/activities that are not exclusively for recruitment purposes.

Examples: I think they should be inviting friends they know are artists to their events, making announcements at the beginning or end of certain classes, and asking the departments to send mailings on their behalf. (In the colonial days when I was an undergrad, student groups used to be able to request campus mailing lists and email lists from the registrar--not like that anymore)

Right now, they feel "married" to the campus practice of having informational meetings during a certain time of the semester, and essentially abandoning recruitment any other time of the semester.

For ME, I have literally always believed in one-to-one recruitment, even in APO as an undergrad.

ANYWAY, rambling now... are there any good threads from organizations which mainly do COB? Or other threads with tried and true one-to-one recruitment ideas?

I already know about PhiredUp. I just want to read GC threads at this moment.