GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,349
1 members and 2,348 guests
oncegreek

Old 11-16-2004, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation I need Recruitment Theme ideas, please!

I am trying to think of new ideas for rush next year. I am not very creative and I am desperate for great ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-16-2004, 11:52 PM
Unregistered-

On the top right hand corner of the screen, there is a search button that will most likely be helpful for in your quest for theme ideas.

GC is filled with almost 4 years worth of different recruitment theme ideas, I'm sure you'll find one to your liking.

Remember, the search function is your friend!
Old 11-17-2004, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
You could do a "top of the town" type of theme. Black and white, tophats, big band music, etc etc. My chapter did something like that a few years ago and they said it went really well.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: I need Recruitment Theme ideas, please!

Quote:
Originally posted by kdlady77
I am trying to think of new ideas for rush next year. I am not very creative and I am desperate for great ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hi and welcome to GC. As Sandy has said, use the search feature, there are a ton of ideas.
Are you VP Membership of your chapter? If so, didn't you have some ideas before you ran?
Think about what's worked for your chapter before and what hasn't. Use those as a starting off point for what not to do and what to do.
Every campus is different, cheesy and campy kinds of themes go over well on some campuses, more laid back themes work better on others.
Some themes that my chapter used: Fire and Ice- one side of the suite was Fire, the other Ice. Red/orange decorations in one end, blue in the other. Refreshments on each side reflected it's theme, etc. I think i've talked about themes we did somewhere else on here, sorry i'm not coherent enough to go into further detail, it's only around 6AM right now.
Good luck!
Stop in over in the KD forum and introduce yourself!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I am getting ready to run for VP Membership that's why I need some ideas!!!
Old 11-23-2004, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I've seen KDs at one school do NFL (Nation's Finest Ladies) Their banner said something like "We scored the top draft picks! Tryouts again next year)
Old 11-24-2004, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

What about doing a Hollywood theme? You could wear cocktail or formal dresses, have a "red carpet," hang gold stars from the ceiling, and drink sparkling cider from plastic (or real, if you have the money) champagne glasses. I've considered using the theme for rush, and I thought it would be cute to cover the walls in large gold star cut-outs, each with a sister's name--kinda like the Hollywood Walk-of-Fame.

Or what about an Angels theme? You could dress in white (white dresses, maybe?) and decorate with white, glittery "clouds." One o' my sisters gave me the idea--she thought it would be neat to wear feathery angel wings (you could easily cover cardboard wings with feathers found in craft stores and spraypaint them glittery). Her slogan was something like, "A down-to-earth sorority that'll put you on Cloud-9."

Then there's always the usual luau (consider an outdoor setting with lit tiki torches--it goes over really well!), Mardi Gras, slumber party (wear PJs and decorate with pillows and blankets), and western. You could use any of these themes and make 'em as simple or as elaborate as you wanted.

Hope I helped you!
Old 11-26-2004, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
One thing for informal rush my sorority does is Shamrock Shakes and then we decorate cookies. It's a fun and tasty theme and it opens you up to talk about philantrophies and especially Shamrock!!
Old 12-04-2004, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter, as well as others have done Sweet Home Kappa Delta. During our video (or if you have a skit or something), we changed the words of the song "Sweet Home Alabama" and it was really cute. The theme was kind of country-ish.

This past year ours was a kind of Candyland theme, How Sweet it is to be KD.

A few years ago it was The Lucky Ones are Easy to Spot, and our shirts had a bunch of 4 leaf clovers all on the back arranged in kind of a rectangle. In the middle of the rectangle, in orange 4 leaf clovers, was a KD. They were really cute. This also tied in our Shamrock theme.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

My campus's KD chapter uses the Wizard of Oz (Emerald City, Kappa Delta Wizard) It is adorable. I don't know if that is one that headquarters suggests. They are usually a good source for info/ideas. Call/email a chapter consultant or headquarters membership director.