GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,354
1 members and 1,353 guests
No Members online

Old 02-17-2021, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Advice appreciated

Hey bros,

I was an international student who pledged for a semester before going back to my country. It was a blast! However, I just have a few questions/concerns and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out

So when filling out the OmegaFi details, they asked for an SSN. However, I didn't even know what an SSN was and asked my Exec or the finance guy at the frat. He said it's used to track people who don't pay dues and told me to put in this random number that he gave me, to which I did ( I know I'm a retard). I didn't even know what I did here and how serious it was.

I paid all my dues and was never sent to collections, so I was just wondering if this could come back to fuck me?

My account at the frat has been deleted/archived so I'm assuming I'm good and as far as I know the information is only shared with credit bureaus if I'm sent to collections. Is that right?

Does omega fi/fraternity dues come up under your credit report?
Old 02-17-2021, 12:15 PM

If you paid your dues, don’t worry about it. The number he gave you is likely a number used for situations like yours where someone doesn’t have a social security number.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
If you paid your dues, don’t worry about it. The number he gave you is likely a number used for situations like yours where someone doesn’t have a social security number.
Hey thanks for the reply! Yeah I assume I'm good its just a lingering thought in the back of my head. Yeah I have no idea to be honest, like it was definitely a number but I'm assuming that it wont come up under a credit check if I paid all my dues.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

UPDATE:

Everything is all good, thankfully an SSN wasn't strictly mandatory and so the people handling my account when I was signing up were able to input 000-000-000 for the ssn section my account with permission.
Old 01-20-2022, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

One of my pledge brothers was a foreign student. Fun times were had by all. As an aside, even if you had not paid your dues, I doubt OmegaFi has any way to collect debts internationally.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 01-21-2022, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Kevin!

Thanks for you're reply. I actually have all my dues paid. I just wanted to be certain that everything was taken care of!
Old 01-21-2022, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1890 View Post
Hey bros,

I was an international student who pledged for a semester before going back to my country. It was a blast! However, I just have a few questions/concerns and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out

So when filling out the OmegaFi details, they asked for an SSN. However, I didn't even know what an SSN was and asked my Exec or the finance guy at the frat. He said it's used to track people who don't pay dues and told me to put in this random number that he gave me, to which I did ( I know I'm a retard). I didn't even know what I did here and how serious it was.

I paid all my dues and was never sent to collections, so I was just wondering if this could come back to fuck me?

My account at the frat has been deleted/archived so I'm assuming I'm good and as far as I know the information is only shared with credit bureaus if I'm sent to collections. Is that right?

Does omega fi/fraternity dues come up under your credit report?
There are a few rules on what represents a valid SSN. He didn't give you a truly Random number, I'm sure what he gave you was deliberately invalid. For example, *any* number where one of the groups is zeros only is invalid. So they might assign the first three numbers based on chapter followed by 00 and then start the last grouping with 0001 and start counting. Similarly, they first group can't be 666 or 900-999. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social...ber#Valid_SSNs
Old 01-23-2022, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

So 000-000-000 was inputed for the SSN field for the application so thankfully everything is correct @Naraht

Last edited by yoyo1890; 01-24-2022 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1890 View Post
So 000-000-000 was inputed for the SSN field for the application so thankfully everything is correct @Naraht
Well, 000-00-0000 (US SSNs are grouped 3-2-4).