GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,088
1 members and 1,087 guests
Low D Flat

Old 11-28-2016, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Fraternities and sororities at Berkeley ban parties amid sexual assault allegations

I'm surprised this wasn't posted back in October.

Originally posted October 22, 2016

Fraternities and sororities at Berkeley ban parties amid sexual assault allegations
Fraternities and sororities at UC Berkeley have taken a bold stance against sexual violence, voluntarily banning all parties following reports of two sexual assaults last week at off-campus frat functions.

Interfraternity Council President Daniel Saedi called it “relatively unprecedented” for the Greek system to suspend its own parties but said Friday that fraternities and sororities agreed to pause social events to figure out how to keep the functions safe. ---> click link to read article
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html
Old 11-28-2016, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
I'm surprised this wasn't posted back in October.

Originally posted October 22, 2016

Fraternities and sororities at UC Berkeley have taken a bold stance against sexual violence, voluntarily banning all parties following reports of two sexual assaults last week at off-campus frat functions.

Interfraternity Council President Daniel Saedi called it “relatively unprecedented” for the Greek system to suspend its own parties but said Friday that fraternities and sororities agreed to pause social events to figure out how to keep the functions safe. ---> click link to read article
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html
Wow. Good for them!

@~/~~~~
Old 11-28-2016, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

They resumed their normal party registration process about two weeks after this announcement. Considering how few of the social functions actually get officially registered at Cal, however, I don't know how much this changed the culture.