GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek History

Greek History Fraternity and Sorority historical discussions. Chat about all topics related to Greek history here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,385
0 members and 1,385 guests
No Members online

Old 07-16-2013, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

1) I'd then add the word "Social" before "Fraternity men who" to reflect the way the list is structured.

2) Using NIC is just fine here, I believe. The only groups to leave the NIC other than by merger, as far as I know were those that formed the FLA, and with the changes to that, the only group no longer in the NIC is Kappa Sigma, which doesn't affect the list.

3) DDE became an honorary member of TEPhi during his time in office according to the TEPhi wikipedia article.

4) Having been involved in working with the offering of Honorary membership, saying that a President was given honorary membership says little in regards to the Leadership opportunities in GLO that the list is apparently supposed to show.

5) And as such, membership in Alpha Phi Omega as a student would show more in that regard than accepting membership in a Social Fraternity years *after* being president.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
2) Using NIC is just fine here, I believe. The only groups to leave the NIC other than by merger, as far as I know were those that formed the FLA, and with the changes to that, the only group no longer in the NIC is Kappa Sigma, which doesn't affect the list.
I don't think that Phi Delta Theta has rejoined the NIC.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I don't think that Phi Delta Theta has rejoined the NIC.
Ah, when I looked at the FLA article, I missed that while Phi Delta Theta had left at the same time those who joined the FLA did so, they didn't join the FLA. But I don't know if that effects Benj. Harrison given that he is listed with Phi Delta Theta and Delta Chi. (Though Delta Chi was a law fraternity at the time and didn't disallow dual membership until 1909)
Old 08-24-2013, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I also compiled a Vice Presidents list. wp.me/p20I1i-11G
Old 08-24-2013, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I believe it should also be noted that President Clinton is a brother of Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Yep. This one rears its head (and gets debunked) every few years on GC. See here for example: Nifty Fun Fact. And yet it lives on.
Like the Brothel Laws?
Old 08-26-2013, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

One of my friends was a TKE in the 1980's at Ohio State. When President Reagan was campaigning (fall 1984) in Columbus, Ohio, he stopped by the TKE house (his fraternity) to shake hands and meet the brothers. He also bought the chapter a couple of kegs. (I don't think that last part would be okay anymore.)