GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Chi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,469
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, davidjuioro5780
» Online Users: 2,249
2 members and 2,247 guests
indygphib

Old 03-15-2001, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Big Problem

On a certain Yahoo message board dedicated to exposing "Fraternity Secrets" the entire challenge is posted in great detail. E-mail me if you have any ideas on what to do about it.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-22-2001, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Dude, its all over the internet.
Old 03-22-2001, 10:55 PM
Unregistered-

Hi guys,

I've visited that Fraternity Secrets site and unfortunately, another individual as begun his own website solely devoted to divulging your fraternity secrets (the address will not be posted out of respect to you and your brothers), and I'm not sure if you're aware of that.

Is there any way possible that your IHQ can take action against these people who reveal your secrets? I know you guys aren't the only ones facing this problem, as other wonderful GLOs are having their secrets revealed by people who know absolutely nothing!

Old 04-03-2001, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Hey Maxman555,

Hmmm...Handshake is wrong. The handshake you know is our public handshake. Well you know something about us but does this tell you something about our fraternity if you read it. Even though you know these things you don't know the true meaning behind it all.
Old 04-04-2001, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Sig:
Hey Maxman555,

Hmmm...Handshake is wrong. The handshake you know is our public handshake. Well you know something about us but does this tell you something about our fraternity if you read it. Even though you know these things you don't know the true meaning behind it all.
I didn't even read the above post because I have no disire to know your ritual information or to read it. However I do know what it is like to have people slander and mistakenly post information about ritual information, and it IS hard to deal with.
I agree with Sig and that is what I had to tell myself and sisters when someone posted information about our ritual.
I recommend contacting our national headquarters and perhaps one of you might want to volunteer to be moderator of this forum. It doesn't take a lot of work and it will allow you to delete the above post.
Fraternally,
Hootie

------------------
What do you get when you cross and Alpha Omicron Pi and a Sigma Phi Epsilon? A beautiful Chi Omega!!!
Old 08-13-2001, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey fellow Sigs! I just stumbled upon this website and registered. I am curious to see the Yahoo Message board that has the 'supposed' secrets of our reveled, or the website that was created. I searched for a while on Yahoo Message Boards and couldn't find anything....hopefully they were erased. Anyways, if you know the site addy., please e-mail it to me...Don't post it here.

All the Brother from WI say hello! Go Badgers!

In Hoc,

B.R.
Old 07-18-2002, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to bust in, but your problem sounds like Chi Omega's problem of their secrets being on an internet site. And a general problem in greek life (for example, a former Pi Kapp who was really upset with his being booted has shown me their handshake). It sucks, because that's kind of the point of BEING in different fraternities/sororities in the first place... the rituals bind us together. And once it slips, then it's all out. A woman once said at a meeting of just greeks, "you know we all have the same basic initiation, we all [I won't reveal what followed]". We kind of laughed, because half of what she said was true, and half wasn't, so she revealed something of her own sorority's rituals, while actually making a point about being greek. And I would've been disappointed if I knew my sorority's secrets before initiation, anyway, because that's what makes initiation so special.
Old 07-18-2002, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Posting secrets on the internet is against the law!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 09-10-2002, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
i have to be honest guys, i saw it all. i ran across the sight when looking for greek stuff. see, i went to your alpha (maimi of ohio as if you didn't know) so when i see stuff having to do with the alphas of my school i look at the site. little did i know what i was going to see. i know this might not seem like much of a consilation, but your secret is safe with me. i know how i'd feel if my rituals and secrets got out.

shelley j
sigma kappa