GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,806
3 members and 2,803 guests
AOIIalum, LaneSig

Old 06-27-2012, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I got to the Phoenix area once a year to visit family and friends, always in July, and it's so hot it used to take my breath away when I walked outside. I have gotten used to it over the years. The first two outfits shown would be much cuter and cooler with sandals, maybe metallic. As far as the dresses go in the second set of photos, the one on the left (black and white skirt) is even a little long compared to what I see when I am there.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-27-2012, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Shoes

Thank you so much for all the advice I feel a lot more comfortable picking my outfits now - I was just curious - for the first two or maybe even three days I was planning to wear cute sandals or flats since I know I'll be doing a lot of walking but is it worth it to wear a pair of wedges for days 3/4? or should I just stick to easy sandals.

Thanks again!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

You could wear comfortable shoes or flip flops to walk from house to house and then switch to your wedges while you wait outside for the parties to begin.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

since day 1 and day 2 are half and then the other half of the houses would it be ok to wear the same sandals and necklace? no one would know but my rho chis and the other girls in my rush group right because you only do half the houses each of those days
Old 07-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

yes
Old 07-01-2012, 10:47 PM

Just make sure they are very comfortable and sturdy sandals, and that they have enough time to de-funkify overnight.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZpnm View Post
Thank you so much for all the advice I feel a lot more comfortable picking my outfits now - I was just curious - for the first two or maybe even three days I was planning to wear cute sandals or flats since I know I'll be doing a lot of walking but is it worth it to wear a pair of wedges for days 3/4? or should I just stick to easy sandals.

Thanks again!
Yes, lots of girls wear wedges for the later days. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I am also going through recruitment at UA in the fall. Any advice on what shoes to wear each day? I understand heels for preference, but what about philanthropy day and skit day? Any advice would be helpful!

Also, for the casual day, what bottoms would you suggest? I was thinking black and white shorts, because I wanted to steer away from jean shorts. Good idea?

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2012, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

^ I would def put flip flops in your bag to wear to walk from house to house if you have heels on. Round 1 & 2 -I would look at the booklet but they are showing tennis shoes. Those or rainbows should be fine. Day 3 They are also showing flip flops. I would go with skirt appropriate sandals or a wedge. This day is typically a little bit dressier. j

I think you are ok with jean shorts just not cut off ones for round 1. AZ is so hot and casual that you should dress for comfort but still look very put together. Black or white shorts are fine as long as your cheeks are not hanging out the bottom.

Here is the link http://arizonagreek.orgsync.com/org/pan/whattowear
Old 07-14-2012, 10:49 PM

I find it odd that the UA site uses pictures from websites instead of their own Panhel and Rho Chis.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I kinda just skimmed this thread so I apologize if I'm repeating anyone.

The website they give to PNMs with the outfits is SO outdated and they need to update it.

So many girls wear shorts that are too short. After awhile you don't even notice it. As long as you don't look trashy its not a big deal.