GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,431
0 members and 2,431 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

EXCUSE ME! OOHTEENIEWAHINE, God forbid I should spell your name wrong! By the way, ever hear of reading and not posting? I've been around for about 2 and a half years, I was not Greek and did not feel comfortable posting yet. As for the SHSU situation, thank you for comparing me to a nutcase. I think this thread is out of hand.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-22-2001, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Re: Re: smiles :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose

I find it hard to believe that anyone would actually have a hard time believing that certain fraternities are "trendier" than other ones. When I was in college (long before the days of Kate Spade bags or Tiffany heart bracelets), the sorority girl's ultimate accessory was a FIJI. They were hot, they were loaded and everyone was dying to get asked to their big "FIJI Island" weekend every spring. Hey, I didn't make the rules, I'm just reporting on 'em

Now, I know we've all been under stress lately. But some people need to remove those sticks and play nice!
Whoa, whoa, whoa, I corrected myself in a later post. As I said, it came out wrong. It has nothing to do with "accesorizing," it is just really fun when a whole bunch of my sisters are all dating guys who are friends.
Old 09-22-2001, 07:48 PM

I usually don't get involved in this kind of stuff but.......
WHOA!!!!!!!!!! Comparing someone to the nutcase who was on here a year ago just because they spelled a name wrong?! Everyone needs to chill out. None of these people even come remotely close to what happened on here last year!!!
<stepping off the soap box>
Old 09-22-2001, 08:09 PM

Wow this thread has gotten way off of topic.
Old 09-22-2001, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Let me clarify myself...

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby

I'm sorry, that totally came out wrong. It just happens that a lot of my friends are dating a lot of his friends right now, which is really cool because we all have a lot of fun. They are a really great group of guys, no matter what their "status" is.
No prob, girl. I totally understand how things can come out wrong. I just didnt want you to get sucked into the "dating for letters" scene. It gets ridiculous and the drama and gossip is insane. Go for a guy that you truly enjoy. And good luck....dating any guy is a challenge. Didn't mean to get on your case.
Old 09-22-2001, 08:53 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
I usually don't get involved in this kind of stuff but.......
WHOA!!!!!!!!!! Comparing someone to the nutcase who was on here a year ago just because they spelled a name wrong?! Everyone needs to chill out. None of these people even come remotely close to what happened on here last year!!!
<stepping off the soap box>
ZTAngel, you're funny. No really, you are.

Read the posts in the moderator forum and you'll see why some of us feel this way. Suprisingly, there are lots of GCers who feel the same way...and when someone actually says something about it she gets bitched at. Come on, folx.

Jess I'm sorry if you feel like I've insulted you. But...next time, as one fine GCer once said (I can't remember her name)...."if ya can't stand the heat...get out of the damn kitchen."
Old 09-22-2001, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought the issue was being dumped??

All I want to say is that I thought this issue was about being dumped and the sucky ways it happens. Let's all chill and let's make an effort to no longer continue this post if people are going to get upset with what others write.
Old 09-22-2001, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

BuCutie or ZetaAce -
I'm calling for this thread to be closed. It has turned into nothing but a bickering match back and forth with accusations flying every which way - besides the fact that it is COMPLETELY off topic. Thanks.
Nicole
Old 09-22-2001, 10:55 PM

I second that notion.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dejajeva
Okay.
I apologize for the fact that I'm sure I've been rather rude to OTW. I don't like the fact that she jumps to conclusions, as do others, one-because I've only been here a short time? and two- because she doesn't like the fact that I flirt with people for some reason..

This post had interesting replies...I thought it was a great way to have people bitch about silly boys. That's why it's in the chit-chat forum. I wasn't begging for attention. I hardly need to. I was complaining about the shitty way the man I thought I was in love with, let me go. Billy happened to be a nice funny situation that made me feel a little better.

I'm sorry for my harsh words, but let me get one fact straight.

I can stand the heat just as well as you can and I'm sure as hell not going anywhere anytime soon.

Let's all just lighten up and take this post for the fun it was meant to be.

All of you.

I third the motion to close it, btw.

Jessica
Old 09-23-2001, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dejajeva
PS

What the hell happened last year???????

I'm dying to know.
Old 09-23-2001, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

WHAT ?

What is this S---?
This is one of if not the best site for Greeks. Sure you can read some of my old posts, I dont type well I typo great!

We have enuff fight on our hands with non Greeks. I for one like to see the interaction good or bad, it helps to vent to friends and I hope I am one! We need to stay some line of sanity while the world goes nuts.

Cogito Ergo Sum, I Think Therefore I Am.

No matter Where You Go There You Are!

I do not agree with all things said and if so feel inclined I jump in and speak my peace! After all I am related to several hard asses or know them!

We are all in a very trying time for our country and way of life or is this anything new to We Greeks!!!???

By the way what were you doing when the GC Site was down?

Ah YES, going as nuts as I was!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 09-23-2001, 11:42 AM

Getting back on topic

Re DBBaby's "trendy TKE" comment, I know what she means...the year after I graduated, I came back to visit and half my sisters were dating Delta Chis. Very nice guys but none of us had ever looked at any of them before, so I was kind of like "what's up with this?" I think one sister starts dating a bro, sees that they are nice, then she tells 2 friends and so on and so on.

To play devil's advocate and give an example of bad behavior from the female gender: my friend Ron, who is absolutely the nicest guy in the world, dated a woman for a YEAR (and put down payments on a house for the 2 of them) before the b@#$* told him....she was married. If I ever run into this chickie-babe, she's getting stuffed in the nearest drainpipe, head first.
Old 09-23-2001, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OohTeenyWahine

ZTAngel, you're funny. No really, you are."
No, you're funny. I've read the comments in the moderator forum and I've voiced my opinion that I do feel the same way. But, what happens in the moderator forum should stay there. Let the moderators of this forum handle any troublemakers. The problem is that if someone voices an opinion other than yours than they end up getting "bitched at" or insulted for all to see. And I am positive that there are plenty others who agree. If you have any comments for me after reading this, I prefer you send me an e-mail instead letting this thing get carried away more than it has. Thank you.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Sheesh People

Can we act like adults? Please!?!?

Well, since this post is way off topic and has resorted to flaming, it's now closed! Any questions? Email me.

ZetaAce
Closed Thread