GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,202
3 members and 1,199 guests
Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I have the HJ candle one. I can't really picture the other one you're talking about, though.
I wore my new guard and dangle to chapter on Monday and everyone was like, "Oooh!" Yay!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Color me jealous... No one told us about guards or fun stuff like that when my New Member class ordered our badges. But I think I'm gonna buy one over the summer now. The things GC teaches you...
Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutzyKappa View Post
Color me jealous... No one told us about guards or fun stuff like that when my New Member class ordered our badges. But I think I'm gonna buy one over the summer now. The things GC teaches you...

I know! I don't think anyone in my chapter has a guard. I would love to have one with my chapter letter though.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

It seems like having chapter guards is one of those chapter-specific things. We all had them at EE, but no one in best friend's chapter at LSU ordered them.

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

In my chapter, only the president wore a guard. The guard was passed down from prez to prez along with a special award badge that looked a little like this, but older:

The only other "special" badge that got passed down was for the member with the highest cumulative GPA. It looked alot like the above badge, too, but not exactly the same.

My own personal badge is the alternating sapphire and peal and looks like this:

I chose it because my birthstone is also sapphire.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I FINAAALLLLLLLY got my badge in this past weekend! I got the all pearl one with enamel. I was very sad to open it and see a pearl missing. Now I have to send it back =(
Old 09-22-2008, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGirl07 View Post
I FINAAALLLLLLLY got my badge in this past weekend! I got the all pearl one with enamel. I was very sad to open it and see a pearl missing. Now I have to send it back =(
Ah! Tragic! That totally sucks!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I have an all sapphire badge w/ emanel. i have a chapter guard and officer dangles for: new member chairman, housing chairman, member at large, song chairman and adviser! that's a lotta bling!

i also have 2 rescued badges that i adopted. one is about 20 years old alternative pearl and sapphire and the other is an older badge, plain gold. the plain gold badge is my absolute favorite!

not many of my actives have chapter guards - heck, some don't even have a badge! we went through a period of time a few years ago where the girls did not want to order a badge. (i cannot imagine)....
Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket96 View Post
we went through a period of time a few years ago where the girls did not want to order a badge. (i cannot imagine)....
What? I mean...WHAT?? I don't get it...
Old 07-17-2009, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never seen anyone wear a badge with a dangle or a chapter guard at USC. Hmmm.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

My badge is a sapphire pearl with black enamel letters. I have a chapter guard for EK chapter which is also sapphire and pearl. Some of the active girls bought me a convention dangle in 2002 when we were there. It was a very nice present!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
GreekChat Member

My Badge + ZE President's Badge

In addition to regular badges, does anyone else have pictures of the more unique badges? I'm curious if most chapters have one or two special badges for various purposes.

Well of course I love my badge (don't we all?)- it's sapphire & pearl, no enamel, with a ZE chapter guard. My chapter didn't really use officer dangles so I never really considered them. Before my new member class, I don't think most got guards either- but I believe around 1/3 of my class did purely by coincidence. The main reason I got the guard is that I was paranoid I'd lose my badge otherwise! I always thought that I may "upgrade" to sapphire & diamond someday, but I've really grown to love the sapphire & pearl look. So I guess we'll see!

But I also think the special badges are really interesting. My chapter had two- one for the President and one for the VPS. The VPS key was an antique plain gold badge from... I want to say the 40s? We usually awarded it weekly to someone who went above & beyond in sisterhood or sometimes academics. And the President key was a special award key with opals and enamel, which was worn by the President:

I took these pictures back in college on the lid of a little Kappa box :-) I'd love to see pictures of the non-standard badges out there if anyone has some!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone ever seen the official fraternity jewelry that's super special and old and is passed down by the fraternity presidents? Before my chapter's installation, we got to see it. It was like story time with Denise Rugani. Soooo neat!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Has anyone ever seen the official fraternity jewelry that's super special and old and is passed down by the fraternity presidents? Before my chapter's installation, we got to see it. It was like story time with Denise Rugani. Soooo neat!
Yes. LOVE! Also love some of the old old badges that have been rescued by Keepers. Those are Gorgeous.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Any of the Keepers care to show some pictures? I actually don't think I've seen any!