GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,436
1 members and 1,435 guests
oncegreek

Old 12-15-2015, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, she could be studying for finals!
Old 12-15-2015, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Yeah. She could. But why not post that when she's logged on, to let people know that information?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 12-15-2015, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Makes you wonder if she is a troll.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm pretty sure I know what campus she's on. If not, she does a really good job of sounding like a campus I know people at.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry she didn't finish. This has been about the only interesting story since the spammers took over.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
*yawn* she's logged on at least twice since her last post, but no update/finishing. Guess she wants us to clamor or beg or something of the sort, yet she's had close to 2000 views which tells you that people ARE interested, if she's in for the attention factor.

Honestly, how many times have we seen this? I'm slightly disappointed (a very little, mind you), because she started out gangbusters with a well written narrative; but now, I'm mostly very annoyed.
+1.

I have friends like this that send me vague texts in the hope I will beg for information and then play 20 questions with them. I just send something equally vague back: "That's too bad" "Sounds interesting", etc. If I have to beg for information, I'm not really interested.

So to the OP: "Glad you found a home".
Old 12-17-2015, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Yikes, I am super sorry to everyone who was following my story! I probably shouldn't have started writing this story during finals... I definitely did not mean to leave any readers hanging, so here is the final part to my story, a week late.

To everyone who has been following my story, hope you enjoy!

~

Skit Day! When I left off, I had visited five houses for Philanthropy Day, and I could return to up to four on Skit Day. I was VERY nervous opening my schedule that morning... When I opened it up, I saw three names on my list: AQUAMARINE, RUBY, and TOPAZ. I was a little sad that Diamond had dropped me, but I hardly thought about it because I was elated that I had been called back to my favorite house Aquamarine, along with Ruby, another house I had really loved. I was still feeling lukewarm about Topaz but I was going to give them another chance today.

My first party was at Ruby. Their skit was adorable, the girls I talked to were amazing, and I felt really comfortable there. We went on a tour of their house, which is by far the most beautiful on campus. I really liked being here again today.

Next I went to Topaz. Since I had been at their house on Skit Day last year, I already knew what to expect. Again, I toured their house, talked to actives, and watched their funny and put-together skit, but nothing really clicked for me. I could see why some girls would love this house, but I knew it just would not be the right place for me.

My final party of the day was Aquamarine. I WAS BLOWN AWAY. Today was the first day that I was paired with a girl I didn't already know or have mutual friends with. We had a great conversation and we immediately clicked, and I felt like I really belonged here. She showed me around Aquamarine's beautifully decorated house, and then it was time for the skit. The skit moved me to tears. It was equal parts silly and funny and poignant and touching. It made me want to be a part of their sisterhood so bad. These were the girls who I wanted as my sisters, and I felt like I really fit in here. I was so happy when I left Aquamarine.

At the end of this day, it was time to rank which two houses we would like to return to for Pref Night. I put down Aquamarine and Ruby.

For the rest of the day and that night, I was a bundle of nerves. The next day was the first day of classes, but I could hardly focus because I was so nervous and excited for Pref. Finally, the time came. I was sitting in my chair in the student center ballroom, too scared to open my schedule for the night. I finally did it. When I looked down, I saw: AQUAMARINE and RUBY.

I literally screamed out loud. I was so happy. Compared to how I felt on Pref Night last year, everything just felt so right this time around.

The two parties honestly passed in a blur. I went to Ruby first. The girl who preffed me was a senior I had talked to during the past two days, who was so sweet and gorgeous and I had so much in common with. Ruby's Pref ceremony was absolutely beautiful, and I tried to hold it together, but of course I started to cry. As the ceremony progressed, I felt privileged to get a glimpse into their sisterhood. When the girl preffing me asked if I knew where I wanted to be tomorrow, I told her that I didn't know. As much as I loved Ruby, I knew in my heart that I was holding out for Aquamarine.

Their pref party was next. It was starting to get dark out as we gathered in front of Aquamarine's house, and not just because it was getting late: the gray rainclouds that had been hanging threateningly in the sky all evening seemed to be getting darker, and all of a sudden, it began to POUR! All of us girls lined up outside started shrieking and huddled up under the small tent set up outside the house, which in previous days had been shielding us from the hot sun. The Pi Chis with us tried to protect us from the rain, but the wind was blowing the rain sideways, and soon we were all soaked. It began thundering and lightning flashed across the sky, so we were allowed into the house early and all of us PNMs waited in a separate room while the actives finished getting ready for the ceremony.

I, along with everyone else, looked absolutely horrible at this point, but it didn't matter a few minutes later when we lined up and I saw who would be preffing me: one of my closest friends from freshman year!

Of course, I started crying AGAIN, so I really looked a mess by now. I was so overwhelmed by everything. The Pref party at Aquamarine reminded me of their skit yesterday; it was funny and serious at the same time, and had me laughing and crying simultaneously. I knew that this place was meant to be my home, and I told my friend so when she asked if I could see myself here. So even though I looked like a wet dog and had mascara streaming down my face, when I hugged my friend goodbye and left Aquamarine's house, I felt absolutely elated. It had stopped storming as suddenly as it began, and the night was clear and the air was fresh and cool.

When it came time to sign my pref card that night, I felt 100% certain in my decision this time. I put Aquamarine first, and Ruby second. I couldn't help but reflect on how lucky I felt, and how much I loved these houses.

The next day was as excruciating as the one before. Again, I could barely focus on classes--I was probably not off the best academic start of the semester, but oh well. That evening, all the PNMs gathered in the student center one final time to open our bid cards. The atmosphere was tense yet excited. My Pi Chi group was seated in a circle on the floor just like every other group, and our two Pi Chis came around and slid our bid cards under us so we were sitting on them.

Soon, a countdown started:

TEN-NINE-EIGHT-SEVEN-SIX-I put one hand on my card-FIVE-FOUR-THREE-my heart was pounding out of my chest-TWO-ONE!!! I pulled my bid card out from under me so fast.

Screams and cheers filled the room as the girls around me ripped open their envelopes and saw their bid cards. I started screaming as soon as I saw my envelope because I could see the colors of the ink printed on my bid card through it. I ripped open the envelope and saw on my card... AQUAMARINE!

Also known as ZETA TAU ALPHA!!!

Running to my new home, being greeted by old friends and new sisters, was the happiest moment of my life (even though it started pouring again as soon as we got outside.) I have loved every minute so far, and I am so glad I waited a year and rushed again because I can say that it was absolutely worth it.

~

Hope you enjoyed! Again, so sorry for the delay in posting! Happy Christmas everyone!
Old 12-17-2015, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations and welcome sister!
Old 12-17-2015, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations, and thanks for finishing your story! My sister and cousin are both Zetas. I hope your finals went well!

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 12-18-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
congrats!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 12-18-2015, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and thanks for coming back to finish your story! My BFF is a Zeta. Can you share who Ruby was?
Old 12-18-2015, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I enjoyed your story!
Old 12-18-2015, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations! It's so refreshing to see a positive re-rushing story!
Old 12-19-2015, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Hurray for your happy ending!!

Old 01-10-2016, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Aww, I feel like rain was a sign. It was very poetic, since you really are your best even when you're looking a mess with your sisters

Congrats to you and ZTA!