GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,365
0 members and 1,365 guests
No Members online

Old 05-15-2007, 09:33 AM
GreekChat Member

2007 Sigma Alpha T-shirt Quilt

Recently, a letter went out to all collegiate chapters to ask for chapter or university t-shirt donations for this year's Sigma Alpha t-shirt quilt. I know it's that time of year when most of us want to be thinking about summer vacation, but if you have some extra shirts that you'd like to contribute, we'd appreciate it! Remember, the proceeds of the fundraiser go to the National Alumni Association to provide scholarships for our outstanding sisters! The more successful the raffle is, the more the NAA can give in scholarship and award money!

Alumni chapters are also encouraged to send a shirt for the quilt. If your group has never designed an event shirt, a university shirt works just as well. Or, for some "sisterly fun," decorate a t-shirt during your alumni meeting.

Some guidelines to remember are:
*Please donate only new or slightly used shirts with no stains or holes near the design
*Please don't send t-shirts that have inappropriate designs
*If you decorate your own shirt, please limit the decorated area to a square no larger than 13" wide X 15" tall for large shirts (a couple of inches smaller for small-sized shirts).
*Donate as many shirts as you can spare! I've always used EVERY shirt that I receive....plus others that I beg for at the last minute!

If you need mailing information, please drop me a message here so I can email you my mailing address.

I'd also like to send out special thank yous to the FIRST two chapters to donate shirts this year: ALPHA ETA & ALPHA OMICRON!! Way to be on top of things and help out the cause, ladies!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-24-2007, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

We've now received five more shirts for the 2007 quilt. Thanks to the Theta Chapter at the University of Tennessee - Knoxville for sending a donation. Also, special thanks to the ladies of the Alpha Theta Chapter at NCSU for donating FOUR shirts!

We still need quite a few more shirts, so if you have some to donate, please post here for mailing instructions. Thanks for helping the NAA raise more scholarship money!!
Old 05-26-2007, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Today, a whole box of shirts from the Pi Chapter at Virginia Tech University arrived! Thanks so much for donating THREE shirts for the quilt. I hope you're all doing well!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday, I recieved another great shirt from the Beta Alpha Chapter at the University of Maryland. Thanks, Jennie, for getting your chapter's donation to me. It's going to look great on the quilt!

It's not too late to donate a shirt (or shirts). Please contact me here or email NAB Treasurer, Toni Swaim (her email addy is on the national website) for mailing information.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

The shirts keep coming in! Today I received a super shirt from the Epsilon Chapter at Penn State University. Thanks so much for your donation, ladies.

If your chapter hasn't had a chance to mail a shirt to be donated for this year's quilt, there's still time. I won't be able to start sewing for a couple more weeks, so if you'd like to be represented, mail your shirt asap!

Thanks again to all the chapters who are participating.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

The ladies at Murray State came thru big for the quilt again this year. For the second year in a row, they've donated four shirts for the fundraiser! Thanks ladies!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Today I received a great shirt from the ladies of the Zeta chapter at Louisiana State University. Thank you so much for the donation!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday, a super shirt from the Alpha Psi Chapter at Cornell University arrived. Thanks for the donation! We're going to have a great quilt despite the late start this year. I'd better start sewing!