GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,470
0 members and 1,470 guests
No Members online

Old 09-14-2018, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Unfortunately, someone else will need to play Grandma since Dixie Carter (aka Julia Sugarbaker) passed away awhile ago.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-14-2018, 09:09 AM
GreekChat Member

TriDDD... forgive me for being a dummy but I am soooo confused! I’ve been reading your fantastical stories and can’t figure out when your other twins became TriDelts? Are they DD1 and DD2 from your original post in West Coast Recruitment or did they just pledge as well? Aren’t they all freshmen this year??? Please help this confused girl keep track!!
Old 09-14-2018, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyGirl35 View Post
Unfortunately, someone else will need to play Grandma since Dixie Carter (aka Julia Sugarbaker) passed away awhile ago.
True - so it would have be someone like Dixie Carter's character which is what I was thinking but clearly didn't explain, LOL. Dixie and that cast (done to perfection with every character) were truly something to behold in every episode.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Don’t I know it.... as a Southern girl who was majoring in Interior Design at the time, I was in heaven!
Old 09-14-2018, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
TriDDD... forgive me for being a dummy but I am soooo confused! I’ve been reading your fantastical stories and can’t figure out when your other twins became TriDelts? Are they DD1 and DD2 from your original post in West Coast Recruitment or did they just pledge as well? Aren’t they all freshmen this year??? Please help this confused girl keep track!!
I'm a little confused too...although I only have one child so keeping up with more than that is a challenge for me. 😁
Old 09-14-2018, 10:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have my sisters’ girls, my sisters were unable to take care of them and so I became their mother, class of 2017 and class of 2018. I only have 2 biological daughters.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I think she mentioned that she had two adopted daughters from her sister.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Right... I remember TriDDDeltgirl sharing that with us... I’m just trying to keep straight all four girls and who rushed where when.... did the Tri Delt daughters pledge BEFORE DD3 and 4? If so, I would love to hear their thoughts on these crazy rush stories from their sisters/cousins! Wow!

I only had one son going through recruitment at another SEC school year and it was nerve wracking in itself... can’t imagine how TriDDDeltgirl has t completely gone bonkers by now. Speaking of son, please promise that you will share you son’s recruitment story next... he should be done now also, right?
Old 09-14-2018, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

2013 and 2014 at UDub and Oregon.

My son is at UW and he’s a wreck. He’s never been good at decisions and so he had more than one bid on his plate and went through heck trying to figure out where to join. He has an anxiety disorder and so I was on call 24/7.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Right... I remember TriDDDeltgirl sharing that with us... I’m just trying to keep straight all four girls and who rushed where when.... did the Tri Delt daughters pledge BEFORE DD3 and 4? If so, I would love to hear their thoughts on these crazy rush stories from their sisters/cousins! Wow!

I only had one son going through recruitment at another SEC school year and it was nerve wracking in itself... can’t imagine how TriDDDeltgirl has t completely gone bonkers by now. Speaking of son, please promise that you will share you son’s recruitment story next... he should be done now also, right?
The boys rushing aren’t a huge deal to me because I have 6 stepsons and 5 biological sons. Every single one rushed. After a while I just tuned out and made a little chart of outfits for them to wear and little recommendations so I could get them through faster.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
The boys rushing aren’t a huge deal to me because I have 6 stepsons and 5 biological sons. Every single one rushed. After a while I just tuned out and made a little chart of outfits for them to wear and little recommendations so I could get them through faster.
You are like the carnation nation! Do you mind telling us what fraternities and sororities everyone belongs to?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 09-14-2018, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
You are like the carnation nation! Do you mind telling us what fraternities and sororities everyone belongs to?
The girls are DDD,DDD,KKG, and ???

The boys are Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu, and FIJI for my stepsons, 2 of each.

My boys are Phi Delt, FIJI, AEPi, Sigma Chi, and another Phi Delt.
My youngest is a ???

My husband was a FIJI
His father was a FIJI
His grandfather was a FIJI
His brothers were Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu, AEPi, and Phi Delt.

His mother was a Tri Delta
Her family is all Greek.

When I get home, I’ll dig up our Christmas photo because we’re all wearing our Greek letter shirts (except for my 3 that didn’t rush who have on legacy shirts)
Old 09-14-2018, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

My family didn’t believe in education or care about it and so I’m the only one who attended a four year university and then continued my education. I did have an aunt who was a Pi Phi and since their philanthropy is literacy, she encouraged me to be in school and put me in school again every time my mother pulled me out. She also taught me how to read!
Old 09-14-2018, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
The girls are DDD,DDD,KKG, and ???

The boys are Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu, and FIJI for my stepsons, 2 of each.

My boys are Phi Delt, FIJI, AEPi, Sigma Chi, and another Phi Delt.
My youngest is a ???

My husband was a FIJI
His father was a FIJI
His grandfather was a FIJI
His brothers were Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu, AEPi, and Phi Delt.

His mother was a Tri Delta
Her family is all Greek.

When I get home, I’ll dig up our Christmas photo because we’re all wearing our Greek letter shirts (except for my 3 that didn’t rush who have on legacy shirts)
What a great Christmas card! Can't wait to see it and hear the rest of DD4s adventure....
Old 09-14-2018, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I work with a DDD and her mother is one also. When my friend's daughter went thru at Ole Miss (neither mother nor grandmother went to Ole Miss),she said her daughter was a double legacy. Now whether or not she knew what she was talking about is another question!
Could’ve been different at some point, I reckon.

TriDDDeltgirl, anytime you wanna give us more story, I’m here for it!